Volunteering 2024

12 hours ago, Pinhead said:

Aye. Praying my shifts don't clash with Richard Ashcroft...

He's the big one for our small group as well....I saw him once in London at the o2 arena about 2016 ish..great live.

• 5 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Pinhead said:

Weather isn't looking too bad so far. Will we break the 'always rains at BD' mantra..?

Looks like it won't be 100% dry but at the moment minimal

I've been to two (mostly) dry festivals so far this summer (Glastonbury & Truck which had a little rain on the opening day) hopefully I collect the hatrick ball next week! 🙂 

On 8/10/2024 at 6:44 PM, Skip997 said:

Looks like it’s going to be fine.

The “great wall of chairs” should be safe 

I'm genuinely curious Skip, and this isn't intended as flippant internet provocation.  Is there anything you're overly positive about (with the obvious exception of mandy and weed 😂)?

Even when I see you post ostensibly good things, there's always a negative sting in the tail.  Gives you the perception of a properly miserable bugger, which I'm sure isn't the case! Unless it actually is...

Edited by Quark
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Quark said:

I'm genuinely curious Skip, and this isn't intended as flippant internet provocation.  Is there anything you're overly positive about (with the obvious exception of mandy and weed 😂)?

Even when I see you post ostensibly good things, there's always a negative sting in the tail.  Gives you the perception of a properly miserable bugger, which I'm sure isn't the case! Unless it actually is...

Shambala festival for one. I’ll be bouncing around like a young one.

Re “the Great Wall of chairs”, haven’t you noticed. Ten deep, three quarters of the way across the arena, making access tricky and providing a safety issue 

19 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Shambala festival for one. I’ll be bouncing around like a young one.

Re “the Great Wall of chairs”, haven’t you noticed. Ten deep, three quarters of the way across the arena, making access tricky and providing a safety issue 

Oh 100%, it drives me nuts.  But I just kinda gloss over the stuff that winds me up these days, especially when posting.  Just trying to put a more positive vibe on life.

Enjoy Shambala 🙂

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Pinhead said:

Looks like a probable pitch in the rain today and I think the site is certainly going to start off wet tho the Fri onwards looks better.

My various apps are saying rain overnight Thursday but clear after that.....stick.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Pinhead said:

Looks like a probable pitch in the rain today and I think the site is certainly going to start off wet tho the Fri onwards looks better.

Minimal rain overnight in Exeter, despite forecast having a full night of rain - drizzly at worst this morning - let's hope that's about all Thursday evening's rain amounts to too (though that does look like it includes some heavy stuff, depending on where it lands)

22 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

Seems fine here atm - rain stopped as I got closer to J29. Light drizzle else ground is still rock hard! Still warm too.

On site already then I take it?

I've got to work tomorrow AM 8-12 then leaving for the festival at about 12.30pm......those four hours are going to drag!

Have fun tonight! 🙂 

We thought we might go and see The Levellers open at The Big Top yesterday but gave up as the chair wall surrounding the tent was pretty much impenetrable! Still we enjoyed Hot Wax on the main stage. 😕

They have got post 7pm embargo’s on chairs near stages though! Not completely adhered to, but enough.

17 hours ago, Skip997 said:

How is the “great wall of chairs” looking?

It’s kind of funny! The event is bigger than our first BDs in 2007 but it’s clear the whole audience has kept coming and aged and moved from sitting on the floor to bringing more and more elaborate furniture 😅

We are still sitting on the floor but it’s tempting to join the wall of chairs at times (usually when they are tripping you up!).