Talkers

3 hours ago, Spindles said:

I f**king hate cocaine, for how it makes people behave, for the people it attracts, for the violence in the supply chain (I maintain it is the most harmful substance on earth) and the impact on our communities.  I hate being around people on coke.  This year one particular group of them were on my doorstep and the only low in my festival.

As you say, they talk absolute shite, incessantly and loudly.  My son summed it up nicely by saying that all they talk about is themselves and how much they love coke because they have got absolutely f**k all to talk about.  For some coke is a substitute for having a personality.

💯 Mate and I'm a liberal guy. I hope we wake up as a species and stop this f**kin awful substance from destroying lives (not just gigs)

2 hours ago, sabre-toothed tart said:

I've started wearing Loops to quite a few gigs now, mainly indoor and / or when I know it's going to be loud ... I took them to the festival this year for the first time and found as an added bonus they completely cut out all the chatter.  It stopped me getting so annoyed at some of the people around me anyway.

Same. Have them on a chain round my neck at Glastonbury and come in handy at many stages 

I just wear earplugs all day. If i can clearly here you talk over an act Im watching then theres an issue. But I bet the audience shift this year greatly contributed to it being worse for you that went. And I mean if the pa's were simply louder than you wouldnt have as many issues I would imagine. I dont know how I could bear to listen to an act up on the hill in the Park cause theres likely loads of talkers. Just would feel like a picnic