The Streets

O'Doyle Rules

Act that surprised me the most. Thought it would be a case of only knowing a few but enjoyed the whole set. Was set to see them in The Woodsies a few years back but got there late.

Edited by faymondo
Spelling

The set looked awesome on iPlayer. Got so many great tunes. Mike just seemed up for it and I'm gutted I'll likely miss out on them again after I didn't go in 2019 and this year. 2019 also looked mint.

Hope they are there again next year, but I doubt it. If they headlined West Holts up against a Harry Styles or Ed Sheeran, it'd be fantastic. Got to get tickets first, mind you.

Haha unfortunately did not go to temple to see him. To be fair would have gone to battle for him during the set 🤣

I think they’ll get a pyramid slot next time to be honest. Slowly slowly making their way up the lineup.

4 hours ago, Skip997 said:

Did anyone bump into him at 5am in The Temple?

Nope, went and watched Dillinja and Simula but moved from there to Shangri for a cup of tea at around 4:30... It was a joke anyway wasn't it? Surely? I don't think he was in the state to be lasting until 5am 🙈😂

4am Kru were on at 5am (ironically.) 

5 hours ago, Fishinginthelongdrops said:

We were next to the flag that Mike Skinner wanted to reach. It increased the excitement levels around us but I did wonder if the rest of the field saw it as a distraction from an otherwise amazing performance.

The sound by the crash barrier was the best I heard all weekend at any stage.

Not at all, we were just outside the pit and were rooting for him to reach the flag... Fantastic performance... 

Was one of our must sees and we missed it as my other half got a bloody migraine. Hoping they are back again - watched it back on Saturday night and it looked brilliant.

27 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

Thought they were great. Skinner feels like one of us, knows the place backwards and that came through vividly in the set.

I love Mike Skinner, and have seen every Glastonbury performance bar this one , but looked immense on the telly. He's a flawed messy human being who's always trying to figure stuff out and get better. Sometimes he gets it right, sometimes he f**ks up, but he knows that and he's all too aware of his failings. He knows he's a work in progress. He rises to the challenge of Glastonbury, like you say, knows and loves the place. Nowhere better to see him, cos I find his own gigs can be a bit too prone to oi oi geezer beer & bag lairyness from the crowd.

16 hours ago, Alvoram said:

Can't, we're definitely closer to the end than the beginning now 😞 We're past it... 

Next year? 

I initially took that as closer to the end of the human race 

1 minute ago, Skip997 said:

I initially took that as closer to the end of the human race 

I think you were meant to take it both ways. Saturday night is closer to the end of the festival, and tied in with the hill, temple and flag references. See you at 5am, let’s make it count. 

But I also think it has that deeper meaning too.

Not as daft as he looks is he, our Mike? 

• Upvote 1