2026 Fallow Year

Ayrshire Chris

With 2026 looking to be a fallow year reckon the ticket bun fight in Oct/nov for next year will be manic. The thought of the next one being two years away will make sure of that, though  it’s so oversubscribed every year anyway it might not be noticed.  One things for sure, we’ve reached the decision that 2025 will be our last,if we’re lucky.  It’s been a decades long run. 😔

1 minute ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

With 2026 looking to be a fallow year reckon the ticket bun fight in Oct/nov for next year will be manic. The thought of the next one being two years away will make sure of that, though  it’s so oversubscribed every year anyway it might not be noticed.  One things for sure, we’ve reached the decision that 2025 will be our last,if we’re lucky.  It’s been a decades long run. 😔

There is a few of us thinking the same. If Emily stays in charge and they don't reduce the capacity then the changes that need happening won't. 

Edited by northernangel

Agree that it'll have some effect on demand - not least myself.

I've been thinking about taking a year off, and if they'd said "fallow in 2028", then I'd most likely skip next year. But as it stands I'm fully "back in", and early indications are that several friends who've not been for a while are also on board.

I am all in for next year, but secretly pleased of the promise of a year off in 2026. Every year it takes a little bit more out of me, especially working it. 

(I got home on Mon then on Tues started a 17-day stretch working out here in normal land. Please ticket gods, please, get talcroft a day off!)

52 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

That would be sad. A big thing of Glasto is the longstanding punters that have come for many years. If they stop coming, the vibe will likely change a lot 😞

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, BluesManP said:

That would be sad. A big thing of Glasto is the longstanding punters that have come for many years. If they stop coming, the vibe will likely change a lot 😞

Age finally catching up!😊Time to let others enjoy the experience. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Age finally catching up!😊Time to let others enjoy the experience. 

Would you consider going but less frequently? Like every 3-5 years? My best interactions at Glastonbury have been with punters that have been going for a long time. They are much different than your 2nd timer or 5th timer punter. I had this realisation on Thursday talking to a veteran punter under the big tree

I think ticket demand will be very high for next year and the fallow year will make it worse.

The fallow year itself suits me quite nicely as it means that there will be a festival for my 50th birthday year, they avoid all the football questions and on a personal note I suspect it’s highly unlikely one of my dogs will still be going by the time of the 2027 festival and not having to leave her in 2026 will be a good thing. 

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, BluesManP said:

Would you consider going but less frequently? Like every 3-5 years? My best interactions at Glastonbury have been with punters that have been going for a long time. They are much different than your 2nd timer or 5th timer punter. I had this realisation on Thursday talking to a veteran punter under the big tree

Every five years? Two festivals and I’d be nearly f**king 80😉😊  Must admit most years we are often asked about past festivals, what it was like etc.  Younger punters do seem genuinely interested. 

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

17 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Every five years? Two festivals and I’d be nearly f**king 80😉😊  Must admit most years we are often asked about past festivals, what it was like etc.  Younger punters do seem genuinely interested. 

3 years then! 😄 But seriously, having elder punters around is awesome.

You guys give it a vibe that most festivals would kill for

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

This year was my 1st since 2019. I did it solo through WBC, leaving the family behind. Financially, it's beyond us as a family now.

I fully went thinking it would be the last time and would bow out. But it was one of my favourite Glastonbury's and I've totally fallen in love with it all over again. So who knows now?! 

8 hours ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Personally I’m disappointed the fallow year is so soon, I’d rather keep going year on year. 

Thought that myself, especially with the two enforced fallow years due to covid. I expected the fallow delayed so that they make up lost income. 

Certainly we struggled this time to maintain the pace of previous years but with enthusiasm still there for another it's made it clear we need to do some prep for next year before tackling it, and may review our accommodation options accordingly.

A fallow in 2026 therefore suits us nicely, a welcome break with no FOMO involved.  After that.....we'll see..... 

2 hours ago, Monty Pythagoras said:

The amount of people who have told me that there's "no festival next year" with confidence makes me think it may be easier.

We hear stuff like that every year tbh. They'll all be well aware again by the time the ticket sale comes around.

3 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

two enforced fallow years due to covid

The more I think about it, I'm guessing Emily/GFL were keen for a genuine fallow year, the last one being 2018. Although the festival didn't run for two years during Covid, they must have still had loads going on behind the scenes/and must have been pretty stressful in the run up to 2020 when they had acts booked

11 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

I worked at the festival in 2019 and ended up on some shifts with a guy who'd been going since the late 80s....he really did have some good stories about how different the festival was back then. 

Bit like @incidentI've been toying with taking a year off as I feel I'm going a bit out of routine now...but we just had two friends from home come for the first time this year and they are on board for 2025 so looks like I've got another one in me before the fallow year and will then play it by ear after that (see how my life situation is at home etc)

Interesting what @MrHew said after having 5 years away.....might make me fall in love with it again.

12 hours ago, BluesManP said:

One of my friends has been going since the mid-90s but tends to do one on one off as it keeps his interest going (as it were....)