What have you done to get ready for Glastonbury 25?

Talcroft

Can't see if anyone's started the thread so here it is...

Annual leave requested for 2025 🥳

Handed in my notice this morning in the job I hate to go back to the job I love full-time...happy days but also no longer a one woman team so need to plan a bit ahead this time!

Still weighing up whether or not to go for tickets. I love love love Glastonbury, and once we are there it's amazing, but as a small business owner and parent it's an absolute nightmare. We always go on a family holiday in May and July, that plus a week off in June ends up majorly impacting my income and my husband's leave.

But... Glastonburyyyyy ❤️

I've spoken to Mrs Megatronic in my most polite voice and carefully chose a time to ask when she'd also just informed me of summer plans that didn't concern me, to make it look like a reasonable request that I bugger off and ditch the kids for 6 days and watch bands 😅

Also, sent feelers out to friends to see who would potentially be up for it.

Annual leave for 2025 put in for and approved 😄 

wondering which festival to do alongside to keep my Oxfam priority, quite fancy Arctangent or 2000 trees next year i think, i liked the smaller manageability of Bearded Theory and theyre even more compact. Latitude could be an interesting excursion into the middle classes at play though

@eatingglitter can definitely relate - I've come home to a 17-day solid stretch at work and really shouldn't have gone this year. But I can't help it, it's my annual soul food.

Nice work @MEGATRONICMEATWAGON. I've given up fluttering eyelashes at the husband, he just accepts it now. Though, it's a bit easier to justify without sprogs to think about.

@balti-pie let us know what latitude's like if you do it - always fancied it but the journey has put me off. 

• Like 1

Well fingers crossed chemo finishes in November and by June the hope is that I will be good to go. Was gutted not one of the 24 got tickets this year and I’m deffo up for joining the spread sheet. There must be a better way. I’m expecting to be on a slow return to work so that won’t be a problem. The idea is to get them in the bag but I can’t decide if bussing it will be easy for me so will probably go in a lift situation and fingers crossed we can get into Love Fields as WV and SL just aren’t going to be accessible or clean enough for me. No children or partner to persuade. Just my family who will say you’re not going back again are you? 😀😀😀

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Talcroft said:

@eatingglitter can definitely relate - I've come home to a 17-day solid stretch at work and really shouldn't have gone this year. But I can't help it, it's my annual soul food.

Ooof! I'm lucky my clients are super understanding, and to be honest I can run my business at home with my kids here too. However a couple of my newer clients are American and they just cannot get their head around me being away so much. Financially things should be better for us next year as well, but part of me is thinking should I bow out, try something new etc. It's a hard call to make. 

7 hours ago, dotdash79 said:

After agreeing this year not to try for next year, that’s been abandoned and now we are trying for tickets in the sale. 

We've done that a few times yet somehow end up going regardless after realising the error of our ways. We didn't try for tickets for what would have been 2020 so then had to wait until resale 2022 to get hold of them which luckily we did. 

I've put my annual leave in for next year now keeping everything crossed

Ordered some bits for a new hat …. Think I’m going to keep the current one and not recycle too much from it …. Can build the basis of it and then start theming once we get a headliner … although maybe it might not be headliner themed this year . Will book time off later 

• Like 1

I have worried about getting a ticket 😄

I'll be trying of course, but I'm getting older and older and I still ache even now after this years fest.

But theres no way I wouldn't do the Tuesday AM to Monday morning, as i'd worry about getting a pitch / missing out / not meeting freinds etc etc, so it's an all or nothing again.

but it would be nice to get another one in before the fallow year 🙂

3 minutes ago, Monty Pythagoras said:

Quite tempted to throw my notice in in work and quit just before Glastonbury and go travelling afterwards for a year or so.

Leaves the option there to work the fest as well without the stress of using annual leave.

Travelling is well worth doing … I left it a little late I felt to do in 09 … most were significantly younger than me but a great life experience 

Eager beavers! 

I'm off on holiday on Thursday (10 of us in a Tenerife villa for a week) then I have 3 more festivals in 2024. 

Once that's done I'll reset and plan for next year. 

4 minutes ago, Monty Pythagoras said:

Quite tempted to throw my notice in in work and quit just before Glastonbury and go travelling afterwards for a year or so.

Leaves the option there to work the fest as well without the stress of using annual leave.

If you can afford to do it/commitments allow, couldn't recommend it highly enough. I envisaged taking three months off to travel which then turned into nine, and it was the best year I've ever had. Came back to a new job fully refreshed and the plan is to repeat in a few years time if I can afford it. 

If you've got that luxury next year though, don't plan too much for the days post Glastonbury...enjoy the chance at a proper recovery!

On 7/8/2024 at 12:01 PM, balti-pie said:

Annual leave for 2025 put in for and approved 😄 

wondering which festival to do alongside to keep my Oxfam priority, quite fancy Arctangent or 2000 trees next year i think, i liked the smaller manageability of Bearded Theory and theyre even more compact. Latitude could be an interesting excursion into the middle classes at play though

aren't you a supervisor? 

13 minutes ago, stuie said:

aren't you a supervisor? 

Nope, i very much enjoy having zero responsibility and doing what im told 😄 its a holiday from work, i dont want to be thinking about organising x and y, and sorting out why z is sat on their arse having a doze instead of doing something! They've asked me a couple of times do i want to supervise, but i quite like just getting in, doing my shifts and disappearing off free as a bird (and yeah i know supervisors get to do that an hour before everyone else!) 

16 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

Nope, i very much enjoy having zero responsibility and doing what im told 😄 its a holiday from work, i dont want to be thinking about organising x and y, and sorting out why z is sat on their arse having a doze instead of doing something! They've asked me a couple of times do i want to supervise, but i quite like just getting in, doing my shifts and disappearing off free as a bird (and yeah i know supervisors get to do that an hour before everyone else!) 

Absolutely fair enough and I can totally relate to that.  I used to have a similar point of view, but I do enjoy it.  Just wanted to make sure you'd not missed the supervisor bonus of only 1 festival per year required for priority status! 

• Upvote 1

Finally gave in and aired the tent in the house - haven't had a dry day to put it up outside and it was starting to get fusty coz of the damp morning dew on it when I packed up. Good to go away till next year now! (The bigger tent comes out of we're proper camping) 

22 hours ago, gigpusher said:

Just asked the caravan people to keep my deposit for next year. Need to book the dog sitters as well whilst it's fresh in my mind.

I enjoyed visiting Amy Street on the Tuesday 🤣