What have you done to get ready for Glastonbury 25?

Talcroft

44 minutes ago, PassingCloud said:

Made a ‘used this’ v ‘didn’t use this’ list. They’re of almost equal length! 🤦🏼‍♀️

Ditto. In fact my unused stuff is probably just edging it. Definitely aiming to streamline next time (I say this every year).

1 hour ago, PassingCloud said:

Made a ‘used this’ v ‘didn’t use this’ list. They’re of almost equal length! 🤦🏼‍♀️

33 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Fun fact: the one time I took the duct tape out (this year) was the first time I've actually needed the stuff 

I’m very much of the have it so you don’t need it school of thought. Mind you I get to park my car next to a pre-delivered caravan so if there’s even a chance I or someone in my wider group might need something I tend to pack it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Fun fact: the one time I took the duct tape out (this year) was the first time I've actually needed the stuff 

first time id needed it for a while , turned out id forgotten it . mates had spare though .. benefits of an experienced camping group we all have stuff to help other people in group or around us 

16 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

first time id needed it for a while , turned out id forgotten it . mates had spare though .. benefits of an experienced camping group we all have stuff to help other people in group or around us 

I asked mine for duct tape and someone had some....

...brown parcel tape

3 hours ago, Joey Peeps said:

Ditto. In fact my unused stuff is probably just edging it. Definitely aiming to streamline next time (I say this every year).

In my defence I had my son with me this year too. Still way too much!  Although some of the stuff in my ‘didn’t use’ list I would still want to take with me. 
I enjoyed the restrictions of the coach last year actually. 

7 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I always take duct tape and scissors- they live in my rucksack and never see the light of day normally but as I had a tent pole break one year when someone fell on my  tent do I feel it’s one of those things that would come in handy. This year I managed to break my camping chair on the first day - and the duct tape made its first appearance- it held the chair together for a whole week! Then I discovered my tube of face sun cream was leaking at the wrong end - once again the duct tape saved the day! Also used it to keep my fairy lights attached to the tent 😀

1 hour ago, Jarski75 said:

Had my 1st two cans of cider last night since the Festival.  Prep starts here

I admire your dedication to the cause.

Currently day 9 of a 17-day stretch at work...cannot wait to get back on the fizzy apple goodness next Fri!

Travelodge booked for a break in journey down, Two nights booked in Glastonbury town hotel for a pre festival break, travelodge booked for break in return journey home after the festival 

You’ve got to book early for a room in the town pre fest!😊😉

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Travelodge booked for a break in journey down, Two nights booked in Glastonbury town hotel for a pre festival break, travelodge booked for break in return journey home after the festival 

You’ve got to book early for a room in the town pre fest!😊😉

I posted the screenshot on here once before, but it wasn't always that way. In 2008 we stayed in Glastonbury Town Travelodge the night before the festival - having booked in March for £29 quid. Can't even imagine getting close to that these days.

5 minutes ago, incident said:

I posted the screenshot on here once before, but it wasn't always that way. In 2008 we stayed in Glastonbury Town Travelodge the night before the festival - having booked in March for £29 quid. Can't even imagine getting close to that these days.

The BBC book loads of rooms at the Glastonbury travelodge and premier inn. This year some of coldplays crew were in the travelodge.  The BBC crew are bussed to the festival for breakfast so the brewers Fayre is usually quiet. 

4 hours ago, CanWeRest said:

Do we think getting tickets will be extra competitive because of 2026 being a fallow year?

Maybe. No doubt the media and social media will be amplifying to everyone that it’s the last chance to get tickets for two years. But to be honest, I think the eco system is that a lot of people choose to take a break, can’t go for specific reasons, etc, that it kind of evens out?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, nikkic said:

Gave the tent an airing and (finally) got all the camping gear stored back in the loft. 

Only took us a month to get sorted!

Still not done mine yet!  It’s either been raining or I’ve been at work. 
Got Wilderness in a week and a half. Hope I get a chance to do it before then 

On 7/8/2024 at 2:21 PM, angelin said:

Well fingers crossed chemo finishes in November and by June the hope is that I will be good to go. Was gutted not one of the 24 got tickets this year and I’m deffo up for joining the spread sheet. There must be a better way. I’m expecting to be on a slow return to work so that won’t be a problem. The idea is to get them in the bag but I can’t decide if bussing it will be easy for me so will probably go in a lift situation and fingers crossed we can get into Love Fields as WV and SL just aren’t going to be accessible or clean enough for me. No children or partner to persuade. Just my family who will say you’re not going back again are you? 😀😀😀

Perhaps you could apply to use the Accessible Facilities? You need to apply for a Nimbus Card or Nimbus Glastonbury Card to be able to register to use them - here's a link -  https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/access-information/registering-to-use-the-accessible-facilities-onsite/

This is some of the facilities they provide -

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/access-information/viewing-platforms/

Not all of the section is currently available on the Glastonbury website. Feel free to ask me anything, I have used the Accessible Facilities since 2011 😊