What have you done to get ready for Glastonbury 25?

Talcroft

On 7/8/2024 at 2:21 PM, angelin said:

Well fingers crossed chemo finishes in November and by June the hope is that I will be good to go. Was gutted not one of the 24 got tickets this year and I’m deffo up for joining the spread sheet. There must be a better way. I’m expecting to be on a slow return to work so that won’t be a problem. The idea is to get them in the bag but I can’t decide if bussing it will be easy for me so will probably go in a lift situation and fingers crossed we can get into Love Fields as WV and SL just aren’t going to be accessible or clean enough for me. No children or partner to persuade. Just my family who will say you’re not going back again are you? 😀😀😀

Hope it all goes smoothly and you recover well. This year was my first year back following cancer but thankfully I didn't need any chemo or radio, just a cut it out job. 

Oh it would mean cutting my leg off so I’ll take the chemo. I just got back from Springsteen with my chemo still running! It was fine but I wouldn’t fancy it for five days,  I have Lost Village end of the month it will be a totally different vibe but they do have a fantastic comedy tent which is where I will be. Good luck with your continuing recovery. 

On 7/26/2024 at 10:13 PM, Lucy92 said:

We’re at womad this weekend to trial festival with a baby ready for Glasto’s next year. She’s having an absolute blast! 

I’m there doing medical cover again. My joint favourite festival.

• Like 1

Identified the accommodation i'll be staying in nearby for the sunday night ahead of the festival - going to a little pub in Street this time, its a Marston's pub so i'll not be anticipating amazing beers or anything, i just like driving down on sunday afternoon and having a leisurely day before getting to site on the monday morning first thing.

Might as well book it up at a cancellable rate in case i luck out and get earlies and have to cancel 👍

Just now, Chip Batch said:

A lot of ticket confidence in this thread 😄

Volunteering confidence here tbf, im 99.999% there 👍 

(assuming my leg doesnt fall off in the next year etc!) 

It is delightful not to have to reply on the vagaries of the ticket fairies, cos they've been quite rubbish to me in the last half-decade, hence falling into volunteering

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, balti-pie said:

Volunteering confidence here tbf, im 99.999% there 👍 

(assuming my leg doesnt fall off in the next year etc!) 

It is delightful not to have to reply on the vagaries of the ticket fairies, cos they've been quite rubbish to me in the last half-decade, hence falling into volunteering

Same here 

Except the ticket fairies bit.

Only time I bought a ticket was 1985, over the counter in HMV

Edited by Skip997

31 minutes ago, Quark said:

Borrowed a F&B tent from one of my mates for BDs in a few weeks as a test run. Gonna pick one up for next year if it's all it's cracked up to be

image.gif.e6d3d80e90a20b9215a57e32cb16bf7b.gif

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Quark said:

Borrowed a F&B tent from one of my mates for BDs in a few weeks as a test run. Gonna pick one up for next year if it's all it's cracked up to be

If it’s being tested at beautiful days you’ll only be testing it’s waterproof cababilities not some of the other decent features 

2 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

If it’s being tested at beautiful days you’ll only be testing it’s waterproof cababilities not some of the other decent features 

Forecast doesn't actually look bad at the moment!

4 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Correct 

It usually rains at BD

11 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Correct 

It usually rains at BD

Have you considered that maybe you've just got your own localised raincloud that follows you around like Charlie Brown?

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Quark said:

Have you considered that maybe you've just got your own localised raincloud that follows you around like Charlie Brown?

😀

I remember one year at BD, it was raining at the front of the main arena but not at the back. I stayed at the back