What have you done to get ready for Glastonbury 25?

Talcroft

On 8/1/2024 at 3:54 PM, balti-pie said:

Volunteering confidence here tbf, im 99.999% there 👍 

(assuming my leg doesnt fall off in the next year etc!) 

It is delightful not to have to reply on the vagaries of the ticket fairies, cos they've been quite rubbish to me in the last half-decade, hence falling into volunteering

Don't count your chickens! Whilst it didn't fall off, my foot f**king up meant I missed it this year. Thankfully still got priority for next year as it stands.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, philipsteak said:

Don't count your chickens! Whilst it didn't fall off, my foot f**king up meant I missed it this year. Thankfully still got priority for next year as it stands.

good point tbf 👍 glad you still have priority for next year, and I hope your feet are improving all the time 

On 8/2/2024 at 8:42 AM, Quark said:

Borrowed a F&B tent from one of my mates for BDs in a few weeks as a test run. Gonna pick one up for next year if it's all it's cracked up to be

We bought and F and B one this year. 

It’s like going from a Travel Lodge to The Hilton. 

Requested AL for Glastonbury 2025. Distributed 'my 6' registration details to family & friends (and shopkeepers etc) who aren't going to the festival. Hunting for a new festival tent.

Edited by StoneCircle
Removed irrelevant details

• 2 weeks later...

I got Bloodstock VIP 2025 tickets this morning, i havnt bought a ticket in bloody years (2017 was the time time i was a punter at any festival, been volunteering since then) so i was interested as to how the process went for another festival - it seemed to me to be a breeze, bit of refreshing and straight through to get my reserved patch of grass - then an hour later i went on twitter and saw that it was a bunfight that sold out in four minutes! 

Maybe im used to the Glastonbury sales being absolutely ridiculous in terms of F5 and holding screens etc etc, maybe i was lucky and avoided all of that today, i dunno - all i know is, it was a delight to get in straight away and get it all sorted without an hour of nonsense. Wish every sale was that straightforward! 

8 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Yep . 

We are not worthy! 

More 'Worthy Farm' than 'worthy', really.

What an absolutely magnificent thing to do for ones 'art'. I applaud you. 

Now the next bit is a question really. It's a question that most people wouldn't ask. However, those rules don't apply to Brummies, so I'm going to ask 'How much did that cost? There is no need to reply if that, in real life, is simply 'not' the type of question to ask (I've had a smoke again). No worries there. It's just that I read your post and thought about the question that I asked you, so decided to look for myself, to see if such a thing could be done. I cam up with this site;

https://www.thebrickpeople.co.uk/

So, if you can't answer the first question then maybe you could the second?

What you are doing is fabulous.

2 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

We are not worthy! 

More 'Worthy Farm' than 'worthy', really.

What an absolutely magnificent thing to do for ones 'art'. I applaud you. 

Now the next bit is a question really. It's a question that most people wouldn't ask. However, those rules don't apply to Brummies, so I'm going to ask 'How much did that cost? There is no need to reply if that, in real life, is simply 'not' the type of question to ask (I've had a smoke again). No worries there. It's just that I read your post and thought about the question that I asked you, so decided to look for myself, to see if such a thing could be done. I cam up with this site;

https://www.thebrickpeople.co.uk/

So, if you can't answer the first question then maybe you could the second?

What you are doing is fabulous.

12 quid for the commission and 13 to purchase the figures each .....  ive ordered 3 figures . the person Im ordering from is on instagram here www.rockinbricks.com

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Crazyfool01 said:

12 quid for the commission and 13 to purchase the figures each .....  ive ordered 3 figures . the person Im ordering from is on instagram here www.rockinbricks.com

Ooh, that's a bargain. Thanks for answering. And now that leads to another question (afraid so. I'll try not to get into the questioning bit), but was wondering - did you show them your wares (Glastonbury speaking) and then ask for a price? I mean, there's got to be mileage for them in this if you get to go up on stage with 'fred again'. 

14 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Ooh, that's a bargain. Thanks for answering. And now that leads to another question (afraid so. I'll try not to get into the questioning bit), but was wondering - did you show them your wares (Glastonbury speaking) and then ask for a price? I mean, there's got to be mileage for them in this if you get to go up on stage with 'fred again'. 

There’s a photo of me on their website … I’m not too bothered tbh as it’s funding a small business 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/2/2024 at 4:48 PM, philipsteak said:

As soon as I landed my ticket this year my worst nightmare was coming down with a stomach bug or something the day before. I was having nightmares about it 🤢 

This was me from November to June, with a cple of genuine scares, including my wife breaking her foot a few weeks before (all was well in the end).  Had very scarce luck with tckts so now v.much fretting re next year!  A lot a fretting either side of 5 days of the year😂

13 hours ago, SPW said:

This was me from November to June, with a cple of genuine scares, including my wife breaking her foot a few weeks before (all was well in the end).  Had very scarce luck with tckts so now v.much fretting re next year!  A lot a fretting either side of 5 days of the year😂

How did your wife get on? I've just broken my ankle and I'm already worried about rehabbing for next year's fest 😔

She was fine. Hers was a broken metatarsal so not as serious. But was in a boot up until 2 or 3 wks before. But she done a bit of walking before. Tested it out at a LG gig. And no bother at all there. She didn't do as much as me but not because of the foot, and still did  50 miles of walking across the festival including the hill up to Worthy View no bother.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Talcroft said:

How did your wife get on? I've just broken my ankle and I'm already worried about rehabbing for next year's fest 😔

You’ll be fine. I broke my ankle a few years back in mid March and I managed Glastonbury fine with an ankle support. Usually 6 weeks to heal plus physio. I reckon it was 6-7 months before I was fully back to normal because I didn’t get physio straight away so make sure you get that once the boot or plaster comes off. If you have had surgery and pins it might take a bit longer though. 

20 hours ago, Talcroft said:

You’ll be fine for next year, just rest and exercise when told to do so! Get some hilly walks in when you’re ready. I think the other important part is to manage your own expectations - it may still ache by then, it may always ache, especially when doing 50k steps around a field every day! I broke my 5th MT and had 2 surgeries on my foot a few years back and it still gives me a bit of jip at Glasto!

Unrelated, but same foot… I picked up a nasty infection earlier this year (strep C) and in April I was in hospital with magic marker just below my knee, on sepsis watch facing potential amputation if it tracked higher up my body. Didn’t think there was a chance in hell I’d be at festivals this year but I was 😀