Sneaking in - Full Video

Jacko45

Interesting video. 

I'm telling you, the number of people who get in without a ticket by various different means (arrangements with security, shift-workers swapping wristbands, chancers 'looking like they belong', etc) is higher than people think. And I'm saying this as someone who knows numerous people who get in this way every single year.

I wouldn't like to hazard a guess on the number, but it's definitely four figures. 

5 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Interesting video. 

I'm telling you, the number of people who get in without a ticket by various different means (arrangements with security, shift-workers swapping wristbands, chancers 'looking like they belong', etc) is higher than people think. And I'm saying this as someone who knows numerous people who get in this way every single year.

I wouldn't like to hazard a guess on the number, but it's definitely four figures. 

The fact they also got in with no prior research is even more concerning. 

They just turned up, tried a few things, chatted to people and ended up getting in. 

9 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Interesting video. 

yeah definitely. I know of two people for sure who didn't get tickets and went there knowing 100% they were going to get in, and they did. 

I know of friends of friends who basically met some guy at this pub which is known for getting people in. Paid £300 and hid in the van. 

Do we really think that the number of people breaking in is material? If 210k if the official figure, do think 10k is material enough to be felt? Do we reckon its that high?

I couldn't even blag my way into the staff car park that I was supposed to be in as we don't get our passes til we arrive...kind of admire the resilience of this. 

Also enjoyed, "cops just showed up, delayed things a bit". Impressed at the level of security they met tbf.

I know from reading another site that at least one method of getting in fell apart and loads were given refunds by the people who'd sorted it.

Something to do with fake tickets and going to a specific ticket checker. He got sussed and the whole thing fell apart. 

I'm not sure how they thought this would work tbh, can't quite remember but isn't the ticket checked twice? Once very closely (UV etc.), then a 2nd time by the wristband person?

1 minute ago, Gnomicide said:

I'm not sure how they thought this would work tbh, can't quite remember but isn't the ticket checked twice? Once very closely (UV etc.), then a 2nd time by the wristband person?

Yes. Which is why him strolling up and saying "I lost my ticket so they gave me this (wristband)" seems odd.

I quickly decided these guys were vermin when I first saw their YouTube content a couple of years ago - they'd give Russell Brand and the 1970s 'Operation Yew Tree Gang' a run for their money in terms of taking advantage of vulnerable (i.e. pissed beyond coherence) young women.

This video does absolutely nothing to change my opinion - they've accepted help from a bunch of dodgy security and stewards etc. and then repaid them by showing their faces on a YouTube video.  I don't care about what happens to dodgy security, but I intensely dislike the idea of being matey with someone to get a favour and then doing the dirty on them like this.

With regards to sneaking in: there was a surprisingly easy way of doing it, which worked right up until the night before the public were allowed in.  I have no idea how much this was used, but the potential was limitless.  I won't give details, but people working the gates prior to opening may know what I'm referring to.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

So that was Gate B they went through and then they handed their bands back standing right next to my girlfriends tent just off muddy lane.

What a palava though and how much did it cost them? Hard to call it 'sneaking in' when you've just bought your way in like that

• Upvote 1

The guy in the blue braids is a bit too obnoxious to watch a full clip of, what’s the cliff notes of this video?

Weirdly, up until very recently I thought it was impossible to sneak into Glastonbury. But this year, it was so clear that many many people do.

Also, as they’ve not blurred anyone’s faces out in this - does that mean the festival could potentially use this video as a means of investigation?

24 minutes ago, Mark E. Spliff said:

I quickly decided these guys were vermin when I first saw their YouTube content a couple of years ago - they'd give Russell Brand and the 1970s 'Operation Yew Tree Gang' a run for their money in terms of taking advantage of vulnerable (i.e. pissed beyond coherence) young women.

This video does absolutely nothing to change my opinion - they've accepted help from a bunch of dodgy security and stewards etc. and then repaid them by showing their faces on a YouTube video.  I don't care about what happens to dodgy security, but I intensely dislike the idea of being matey with someone to get a favour and then doing the dirty on them like this.

With regards to sneaking in: there was a surprisingly easy way of doing it, which worked right up until the night before the public were allowed in.  I have no idea how much this was used, but the potential was limitless.  I won't give details, but people working the gates prior to opening may know what I'm referring to.

The folk we met that had snuck in this year (and there were a few) - had been on site since the Monday, camped with workers then moved as festival started proper

12 minutes ago, kerplunk said:

So that was Gate B they went through and then they handed their bands back standing right next to my girlfriends tent just off muddy lane.

What a palava though and how much did it cost them? Hard to call it 'sneaking in' when you've just bought your way in like that

If anything it is reassuring that it's so difficult, takes so long and after two days of trying they had no option but to throw money at the problem.

36 minutes ago, dulcificum said:

Would need a pass out ticket checker to confirm there is some document you can use to get in in place of a ticket + pass out + wristband.

Might need someone who worked at the info cabin outside the gate to confirm that, if they didn't have those things they were sent there (from villager gate anyway). 

I hate the idea of folk sneaking in spoiling the experience for legitimate ticket holders but it’s also detestable that they seem proud of it and become some sort of social media heroes. It will only encourage others to try it. I heard a few anecdotal stories this year, and without giving details, it seems few try and breach  the fence or gates but get in early when site is being constructed or with traders. 
we were in hospitality this year staying outside the site and needed ticket, pass out slip and photo ID such as passport or driving licence to get in every day. 

Edited by Ayrshire Chris
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, kugglaw said:

The guy in the blue braids is a bit too obnoxious to watch a full clip of, what’s the cliff notes of this video?

Tried to jump over/get through the fence - Got caught.

Tried to get in via Worthy View - Told to f**k off

Tried to go in via vehicle entrance - Told to f**k off.

"Bought" some wristband from a traveler who called his own wife a "stupid c**t" - Strolled in through Gate B. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, kugglaw said:

They spent more than a day going round the perimeter looking for opportunities but failed.  They then contacted some dodgy people, who they were variously describing as scousers, Irish, travellers, who they paid to loan them a wristband which worked.  You don't get to see the wristband in the video, but it was either one that the festival gives people who've lost their 'pass out' or some kind of workers band.  They gave it back to the dodgy provider once they were in.

Also, as they’ve not blurred anyone’s faces out in this - does that mean the festival could potentially use this video as a means of investigation?

Every person who's shown in the video will be in trouble, along with the company they work for.  They're a big enough YouTuber that a video like this is guaranteed to go viral and be picked up by the festival and their security/stewarding contractors.  At the very least, the people will not be asked back to Glastonbury.  They could also lose any regular work they have with that contractor.

This is absolutely in keeping with their YouTube channel - they just shove cameras in people's faces and post embarrassing/compromising videos of them without their permission.  In this case, the footage of the security, stewards and 'travellers' was clearly done surreptitiously because they'd never have let themselves be filmed doing this stuff knowingly.  Absolute vermin.

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, aj6658 said:

Do we really think that the number of people breaking in is material? If 210k if the official figure, do think 10k is material enough to be felt? Do we reckon its that high?

I don't know about this year, as reports suggest it was tougher than before.

But in previous years I fully believe it was higher than that.

I'm with Mark, the amount of people that try and help them in that video, only to be shown on camera, is disgusting. So much for loyalty amongst thieves huh (or even common decency!!! dodgy or not, if somebody bends the rules to help you, you don't drop them in the s*** like that.) 

It's happening, all of the time... Spin ins were working well this year, I am in various different groups with lots of people who got spun in... Those who've been saying it's a myth the last few years are very much out of touch. I've been around here for only a few years, and I'm 100% confident I could buy my way in if I didn't get tickets.  

• Upvote 1