Sneaking in - Full Video

Jacko45

7 hours ago, Johnnyseven said:

Yeah i'd forgotten about Oxfam first checking tickets, tbh i'm not usually paying much attention in my haste to get in.

Re vehicle gates though, I worked VG5 for Oxfam last year and the gate crew were not interested in wristbands and tickets so they left it to us to check those. If they had a wristband that would have gone through a dual agency check somewhere else when issued though. Neither were allowed to open vehicles to check if people in the back though so that's an easy route in if you can find a driver who'll do it.

I can't believe that you weren't allowed to check vehicles! I have stayed in E21 Accessible Forward Campervan Field since 2011 and it's where the initial meet ups appear to take place between traders and people hoping to find an easy way in! Seen loads rounded up over the years and loaded into security vehicles to be taken off site.🤦🏻

11 hours ago, mjfromthelane said:

In a nutshell it is basically people getting in with legitimate wristbands, then these being removed by someone who leaves the site with said wristbands and gives them to a ticketless group outside to be 'spun in'. Technically the process can be repeated over and over again.

Not sure if the back of a van trick counts as a spin in though.

Don’t you need to show your ticket, a pass out slip and your wristband to re-enter?

9 hours ago, Johnnyseven said:

The OP said they were putting a wristband on before going through the gate.

my take is, that he puts two wrists bands on (used by people who have lost their tickets) , possibly going through the wrong entance, eg where tickets are checked.

the oxfam guys would have waved him through it this point - since he no ticket. immediately past the oxfam ticket check point he takes his wrist bands off, then goes to the festaff people

the festaff people don't check tickets, but assume everyone has been checked and put wrist bands on to everyone without one

in theory this part could be abused again if he can take the wrist band off quickly (double jointed on wrist??) in the confusion he could pretend to go back for someone and then get another one from a different festaff, because it's so busy

20 hours ago, Leyrulion said:

I'm not sure a Taylor Swift crowd would really be the crowd to cause a mass rush in in to the festival, especially given she's just done a tour and the really desperate ones will have found a way in there somehow. An oasis reunion on the other hand...

Oasis reunion, imagine if just for glasto and a few other gigs would be scary. The demand would be insane

9 minutes ago, Kaboom Boxer said:

Don’t you need to show your ticket, a pass out slip and your wristband to re-enter?

Yes, at least that’s what I’ve always understand, so I’ve no idea how wristband scams work. 

They really shouldn’t 

11 minutes ago, bob323 said:

my take is, that he puts two wrists bands on (used by people who have lost their tickets) , possibly going through the wrong entance, eg where tickets are checked.

the oxfam guys would have waved him through it this point - since he no ticket. immediately past the oxfam ticket check point he takes his wrist bands off, then goes to the festaff people

the festaff people don't check tickets, but assume everyone has been checked and put wrist bands on to everyone without one

If someone had been double wristbanded, then they wouldn't be going the first-time-entry route at all and so would never encounter the above. They'd just waltz through re-entry which is a single check.

Edited by incident

I've never lost a ticket. Maybe should be a policy if you loose your ticket, tough titties no re-entry. People would definitely look after them better no matter how battered they get. And if they do end up dropping it down the long drops, don't say they didn't warn you? Felt busy as it has in recent years for me again, got stuck in everyone trying to see certain things. But reckon the whole site was hammered tbh, I'm sure they are lots of people that shouldn't be there. Still love the place and doesn't stop me trying to get in again, legitimately 

2 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Why?

Because lots of people outside of this forum love Oasis. There would have been more demand for them on a reunion tour than this year's headliners 🤣

32 minutes ago, bob323 said:

Festaff always check tickets as well as Oxfam. 

One or two people trying on their own and getting in isn't an issue. It's soon becomes an issue as if organised gangs start working it which will draw in criminals who won't take knock backs so well. 

Edited by dotdash79
  • Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Yes, at least that’s what I’ve always understand, so I’ve no idea how wristband scams work. 

They really shouldn’t 

Just read that they got in through Ped Gate B, which blows my mind. I was camping in Tangerine Fields so came in and out of Ped Gate B maybe 12 times. Every single time without fail they checked my wristband (with a tug), ticket and pass out slip. 

13 minutes ago, Kaboom Boxer said:

Not watched the video but it would seem these folks gained re-entry with just a wristband? 🤷🏻

I think that they were double wristbanded. This is what they do when someone has lost their ticket. If you have two wristbands you don’t need to show your ticket and passout for re-entry. 
Should be an easy fix to close. Anyone who looses their ticket has to show photo ID and check it against serial number of wristband. There can’t be many legitimately double banded. 
It would probably take longer to enter for double wristbands but serves you right for loosing your ticket 

24 minutes ago, Kaboom Boxer said:

Not watched the video but it would seem these folks gained re-entry with just a wristband? 🤷🏻

Two wristbands isn't it? (I'm not watching again to double check, was unpleasant enough the first time)

2 minutes ago, tarw said:

I think that they were double wristbanded. This is what they do when someone has lost their ticket. If you have two wristbands you don’t need to show your ticket and passout for re-entry. 
Should be an easy fix to close. Anyone who looses their ticket has to show photo ID and check it against serial number of wristband. There can’t be many legitimately double banded. 
It would probably take longer to enter for double wristbands but serves you right for loosing your ticket 

I've known people lose their ticket deliberately so they don't have to worry about looking after their ticket and pass out. 

1 minute ago, tarw said:

There can’t be many legitimately double banded. 

Yep.

I don't know how common this is or even whether it ever *really* happened, but years back I heard someone claim that they would pretend to lose their ticket on the Wednesday afternoon, and go to the enquiries cabin at Gate C with the intention of getting double wristbanded - the idea being that not having to collect / hand in a passout saved enough time at the gate to make the whole exercise worthwhile as they could go back to the campervan freely.

If the scheme is designed properly, then that shouldn't ever be possible.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Sack truck said:

We all felt there were less spun in this year but still met lots. Was a discussion round the fire that if in our 20m radius there were 10 then how many would that equate to over the whole site. Camping fairly near the other stage at same point each year, this year was noticeably quieter tent wise and in previous years there would be  double or treble the amount of folk spun in within that 20m radius. Last year was the most mental. More spun in folk than paying punters by ours, this year not so much but still enough to make a difference. Completely unscientific but I can see 5 figures being done easily

The main reason I don’t think it can be that high is logistics of getting there

10k people is 2,500 cars. For Bristolians that’s the entire 8 story Cabot circus car park. You can’t bin that many cars off by the side of the road within any reasonable distance.

Even if a quarter came by car that’s still a sh*t load of cars to park somewhere within walking distance, when the whole festival is set up not to give anyone a free parking option within miles as they’re flogging it for £60. 

10,000 plus people getting there by public transport? Not a chance.

Getting any reasonably high number in via crew would be raising serious questions about why say a toastie stand needs to be going out for delivery runs every 30 minutes. 

Paid off security? You’d need multiple people in on in, and volunteer stewards it just seems unlikely. Possible for another few hundred.

10,000 extra attendees getting in is over 200 people jumping a fence/ sneaking in/ passing off a fake ticket EVERY HOUR for the first two days, or 20 people per gate per hour, assume there’s about 10 gates ng the service ones, could be loads more if anyones got a crew map. 

QR code wristbands would be cool, if you buy a season pass for snowboarding it’s linked to your picture so you can’t lend it to people, it’s not mega technology, they’ve done the hard part by everyone getting their picture and account linked.