Sneaking in - Full Video

Jacko45

1 minute ago, fraybentos1 said:

Maybe, but at the end of the day if there ever is a crush or something like that then being thousands over capacity would be a cause of that. Easy to say it's fine on a small scale but bigger picture it's clearly dangerous.

Exactly this! Capacity is set on the licence for a reason - to keep us all safe.  Michael may have encouraged jumping the fence in years gone by, but he also lost control of the event too when the council deemed it unsafe. 

6 minutes ago, stuie said:

Exactly this! Capacity is set on the licence for a reason - to keep us all safe.  Michael may have encouraged jumping the fence in years gone by, but he also lost control of the event too when the council deemed it unsafe. 

They're not daft so I assume it's built in to capacity plans but I think it's obvious there's more they could do at certain weak points on the site. 

People are defo too blasé about how easy it is for a very busy event to suddenly result in a load of deaths. 

6 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

They're not daft so I assume it's built in to capacity plans but I think it's obvious there's more they could do at certain weak points on the site. 

People are defo too blasé about how easy it is for a very busy event to suddenly result in a load of deaths. 

I’d rather they clamped down on immovable objects in crowds like chairs and those garden trolleys that are trendy for dragging children around in. 

They’re far more dangerous than an unconfirmed number of extra attendees. Unless we have a confirmed number then it’s all speculation. 

Edited by Old_Johno

There are legit reasons for people not having a wristband on site - villagers can have guests attending with them, and they're not wristbanded - so there's always that excuse. 

Villagers tickets and lost tickets are the two areas that really need to be changed, and some kind of onsite random wristband check here and there as well perhaps  - though logically that'll lead to people getting mugged onsite for their wristband . . . . 

2 minutes ago, Old_Johno said:

Crowds can be treated as a fluid, immovable unlit trip hazards in crowds aren’t safe. Don’t think that’s a controversial opinion. 

Lots of stuff has been done to reduce that stuff over the years … removal of ice cream vans from pyramid , think the meeting point in that field has also gone now . Hedge gaps and exits widened in various places , toilets moved .

1 minute ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Lots of stuff has been done to reduce that stuff over the years … removal of ice cream vans from pyramid , think the meeting point in that field has also gone now . Hedge gaps and exits widened in various places , toilets moved .

Yeah that all makes sense, people being shoved need somewhere to go. 

3 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

pretty hard to mug someone when most of the time you're surrounded by like a thousand witnesses

There are people who don't care if they are caught doing 'anything' in life, so doubt whether muggers would be put off by people around them, and their mobile phones set to record. In addition, it would be easy to mug someone at their campsite, when not many people are around. Or they could mug someone at night, in a dark partially lit up area. They'd then just melt into the crowd and are away.

9 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

pretty hard to mug someone when most of the time you're surrounded by like a thousand witnesses

Pickpocket types stealing to order, preying on people having a little nap in the greenfields? maybe i'm just being paranoid 😄

5 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

There are legit reasons for people not having a wristband on site - villagers can have guests attending with them, and they're not wristbanded - so there's always that excuse. 

Villagers tickets and lost tickets are the two areas that really need to be changed, and some kind of onsite random wristband check here and there as well perhaps  - though logically that'll lead to people getting mugged onsite for their wristband . . . . 

I miss working busy ped gates (service gates are very dull) but I don't miss villager tickets. I wonder if they'll be updated too if they ever do change the entry/re-entry system or if they carry on the same. The perk will have to stay, just how they manage it might change. 

1 hour ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Don’t think so or at least partially not … it’s to slow the flow of crowds I was told 

I've been asked to pull my sleeve and reveal my wristband at those barriers before, when it's been earlier in the evening and quieter, in 2022... Thought this was common practice? Thought the high fives were the faster way of doing this when it gets busier.  

I saw wristband checks on site this year, though it wasn't 'random' as such.

Outside the Bread & Roses on Wednesday night, there was quite a lot of trouble kicking off, started by one bloke who'd clearly had too much of something. He'd be passed out one second, then the next second, in an instant, on his feet swinging punches at people wildly, then back out, then back up... One of the weirdest things I've ever seen, but quite dangerous and scary.

His friend was clearly trying to bring him out of it, but the bloke was swinging for him too. Sadly it didn't look like this was a rare occurrence for that friendship group, either that or his mate was a boxing expert, as the way he was dodging those punches was incredible, weaving and bobbing, made them look slow motion (or maybe that was the amount of beer I'd had myself.) Not once did he throw a punch himself, or do anything even slightly aggressive or forceful in return, just kept dodging the swings, and wore him down. (Honestly, a job very very well done.) Others tried to help, but he'd swing for them too. Anyway, long story short, within a few minutes, the area was swarming with security and medical, and people involved / standing around looked to be getting wristband checked, whilst they dealt with the offending bloke. (Kudos to the medical and security staff too, who seemed to be dealing with the bloke as a medical emergency, rather than a security threat, too, which it clearly was.) 

Did anybody else see this? It was surreal, I've never seen anything like this kind of (attempted) violence at Glastonbury before. 

4 minutes ago, philipsteak said:

I miss working busy ped gates (service gates are very dull) but I don't miss villager tickets. I wonder if they'll be updated too if they ever do change the entry/re-entry system or if they carry on the same. The perk will have to stay, just how they manage it might change. 

They're such a pain in the arse to manage and administer.

I'm quietly amazed at a specific north western accent being so prevalent among villagers too 😄 

I assume they Glasto has 'plain clothed' security who's job is to appear to be trying to break in to try and weed out and ban dodgy security and traders who are offering ways in for cash so openly? Have a crew whose job is to try and get in without tickets and film what happens. Ban any traders or security who offer cash or advice on how to break in

6 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

I'm quietly amazed at a specific north western accent being so prevalent among villagers too 😄 

Well technically they only have to be friends with a villager. But yes, I know what you mean.

10 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

lots of cousins in Pilton...that gate was very interesting to work on!

Edited by efcfanwirral
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, dingbat2 said:

I assume they Glasto has 'plain clothed' security who's job is to appear to be trying to break in to try and weed out and ban dodgy security and traders who are offering ways in for cash so openly? Have a crew whose job is to try and get in without tickets and film what happens. Ban any traders or security who offer cash or advice on how to break in

They definitely do a mystery shopper type exercise as Oxfam get 'fined' if they let any through.

Problem is with social media and the supposed success of organised sneaking in it will encourage others to try and the amount of unauthorised entries will rise exponentially. 
it sounds like it’s no longer the bygone days of individual fence jumpers, hang gliders and twix stashers. 

1 hour ago, Old_Johno said:

I’d rather they clamped down on immovable objects in crowds like chairs and those garden trolleys that are trendy for dragging children around in. 

They’re far more dangerous than an unconfirmed number of extra attendees. Unless we have a confirmed number then it’s all speculation. 

Necessary ≠ Trendy

What's more dangerous is idiots pushing their way through crowds and falling on to sleeping children.

3 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

maybe instead of double banding they could reissue or produce a lost ticket pass with photo on it from a database ? 

Or an EPO?

2 hours ago, balti-pie said:

This has come up a couple of times and would it? Like, you can mug someone going back to their car for their ticket, band and passout right now but I've never heard of that happening even once. I know you might not get back in if the photo is too different.

I dunno, we went to Disney earlier in the year and the system there is pretty good - you scan your ticket (or e-ticket, or magic band) and then put your finger on a fingerprint reader. First time it stores the print against the e-ticket, every other access it checks you're the same person. Don't even have to tap out as it doesn't matter how many times you go in as only your print is authorised. I know there's a fear from the festival of using any system where an IT outage could cause problems, but there's a point at which you just have to jump in and accept that.

3 hours ago, MilkyJoe said:

I'm not sure I understand the double wristband thing. Is it an identical wristband to the normal one?

It's a different wristband that says lost ticket, to signify you don't need a ticket to come back in. I think they still need a pass out though.