Sneaking in - Full Video

Jacko45

1 minute ago, Leyrulion said:

It's a different wristband that says lost ticket, to signify you don't need a ticket to come back in. I think they still need a pass out though. 

That has improved at least. I'm sure it just used to be a second normal wristband. And you didn't need a pass out.

5 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

It's a different wristband that says lost ticket, to signify you don't need a ticket to come back in. I think they still need a pass out though. 

ahh okay. that makes much more sense. thanks.

3 minutes ago, philipsteak said:

That has improved at least. I'm sure it just used to be a second normal wristband. And you didn't need a pass out.

This is what I was wondering. If it was just a second normal wristband there's nothing to stop people just taking it off and sending it out. That seemed like such an obvious loophole I was struggling to comprehend it.😂

3 minutes ago, MilkyJoe said:

This is what I was wondering. If it was just a second normal wristband there's nothing to stop people just taking it off and sending it out. That seemed like such an obvious loophole I was struggling to comprehend it.😂

The person using the second wristband would still need a half ticket (that looked like them) and pass out though. I suppose you could have two people "lose" their tickets and both send out their spare to someone. Hence why they brought in the lost ticket wristbands, to close that loophole

1 hour ago, HotChipWillBreakYourLegs said:

Necessary ≠ Trendy

What's more dangerous is idiots pushing their way through crowds and falling on to sleeping children.

They weren’t necessary 5, 10 or 15 years ago, they’ve only really exploded in popularity post covid as parents think the world revolves around their children. 

‘The floor of a crowd at the biggest worlds biggest music festival should be a safe place for my child to sleep’ is such a weird take.

The behaviour of blocking off sections of crowd with any objects stops people moving freely and creates crushes and funnels more people through a smaller area so these chairs and trolleys are exacerbating issues for everyone.

not to mention creating crowd crust as people try and maintain the low density areas in front of them. 

It wasn’t so bad when it was prams and pushchairs as the handles are at-least at waist height and could be seen. 

12 hours ago, sedra said:

I was working Gate C with Oxfam - on first time entry and also exits. We were alerted to fake tickets and how to spot them and fake lost ticket bands  which had a certain numbers on. There were 2 people dressed as paramedics who tried to get in - unsuccessfully although full marks for effort

and a couple of runners who got caught. Not sure many people managed to get through main gates. We did meet someone on the crew bus on the Tuesday from the green fields though who said she knew of about 40-50 already there who had got in. I am assuming in back of vans or something? 

Ha wonder if the paramedics were the same 2 guys dressed as paramedics claiming to be on their way to 'the medical tent' who came through gate D on Saturday afternoon. We also had 'litter pickers' who I swear just had a bin bag full of cans and their homemade wristband just fell off when I checked it 😂

9 minutes ago, Old_Johno said:

They weren’t necessary 5, 10 or 15 years ago, they’ve only really exploded in popularity post covid as parents think the world revolves around their children. 

‘The floor of a crowd at the biggest worlds biggest music festival should be a safe place for my child to sleep’ is such a weird take.

The behaviour of blocking off sections of crowd with any objects stops people moving freely and creates crushes and funnels more people through a smaller area so these chairs and trolleys are exacerbating issues for everyone.

not to mention creating crowd crust as people try and maintain the low density areas in front of them. 

It wasn’t so bad when it was prams and pushchairs as the handles are at-least at waist height and could be seen. 

Yes. 
With everyone complaining about overcrowding recently I put it down to crowd behaviour/expectations more than actual numbers. 
When I first went there weren’t any chairs and picnic blankets. If people wanted to sit down they used the ground with a bin bag if it was damp. We carried our kids in backpacks not overgrown trolleys. If there was a big crowd we waited last year in particular there seemed to be lots of parents using their trolleys like bulldozers to get through the crowds. 
I don’t want to sound like an old git saying it used to be better because most of the changes to be improvements. 
What I don’t like is people demanding the festival changes to suit them it’s Michael’s party not yours. If you don’t like it then go to a different party

34 minutes ago, Old_Johno said:

Glastonbury has always been a family festival so if you don't want that vibe I suggest you get over it or find somewhere else.

And the world very much does revolve around my child over some pissed up munter trying to get the SEC 5 minutes quicker.

You try pushing a normal pram or pushchair around the rocky paths of Glasto and see how you get on.  A trolley takes up the same footprint and wasn't in many people's way where we'd plot ourselves at the top of the Pyramid Field in front of Row Mead.

The flags set at eye level with fairy lights between should be quite visible and the sun shade / rain cover we made is at least waist height to keep you happy.

199,999 people managed to not trip over it the whole 5 days!

But yes, it's the trolleys with sleeping children in them that are the problem, not the impatient people who fall in to them.

Edited by HotChipWillBreakYourLegs
  • Downvote 3

On 7/9/2024 at 10:57 AM, DeanoL said:

I mean, Michael would also prefer the festival have no drugs or alcohol though...

Not a license breach if it can't be proven, and I suspect it can't be. The festival might be of the belief that the license is a bit too restrictive and an extra 20K people would be fine and safe. They can't just ignore the license and sell an extra 20K tickets, but if 20K people get in unofficially... can it really be proven that there's 200K people on site instead of 180K?

Entry numbers on the gates at least are not supposed to be unable to be quantified and unaudited however. One year we had a very fussy MDC official hanging around PED C where we were working who got very upset if the entry detection on the turnstiles wasn't working or being triggered by everyone going through them. When it didn't work (it was a bit flakey), we had to manually trigger it ourselves to make sure the numbers were being counted properly.

24 minutes ago, HotChipWillBreakYourLegs said:

Glastonbury has always been a family festival so if you don't want that vibe I suggest you get over it or find somewhere else.

And the world very much does revolve around my child over some pissed up munter trying to get the SEC 5 minutes quicker.

You try pushing a normal pram or pushchair around the rocky paths of Glasto and see how you get on.  A trolley takes up the same footprint and wasn't in many people's way where we'd plot ourselves at the top of the Pyramid Field in front of Row Mead.

The flags set at eye level with fairy lights between should be quite visible and the sun shade / rain cover we made is at least waist height to keep you happy.

But yes, it's the trolleys with sleeping children in them that are the problem, not the impatient people who fall in to them.

Yes Glastonbury has always been a family festival, but the use of trolleys is a recent thing. We used to bring our children twenty years ago and they either walked or we had a backpack to carry them. 
If we were at a popular headliner we waited until the crowd had thinned at the top before heading back to the tent rather than exposing them to the risk of pissed up munters. 
I’m not saying that you behave like this but some of the trolley weilders were entitled and dangerous 

2 hours ago, Leyrulion said:

was that new this year?

it was deffo two normal bands in 2023 - i saw loads

Edited by bob323

Glastonbury has always been a family festival 

Has it?

Really!

Are you sure?

Was there even a kids field in the early years 

It is much, much harder these days. But not impossible, this guy made a meal out of it. 

This Aussie twit & the guy from last year that got the bridge shimmy nerfed are cringy attention vacuums. 

Its a time honoured tradition that has been keep discrete by those who know, then these cunce come along and put it on the internet for attention. 

Those travellers wont let this slip. He's going to get the hiding of his lifetime if/when they catch up to him.  

6 minutes ago, bennyboi said:

It is much, much harder these days. But not impossible, this guy made a meal out of it. 

This Aussie twit & the guy from last year that got the bridge shimmy nerfed are cringy attention vacuums. 

Its a time honoured tradition that has been keep discrete by those who know, then these cunce come along and put it on the internet for attention. 

They've not kept it that discreet if they're selling it for money have they?

Just now, DeanoL said:

They've not kept it that discreet if they're selling it for money have they?

I was talking more about the sneaky one off's, not the industrial schemes. 

But even then, the spinners use to be as discreet as they needed to be. 

Loitering at certain points outside the fest and putting it on YT is two very different things. 

3 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

It definitely wasn't in 2023, I was handing out the lost ticket wristbands 😂

if they was different bands they looked exactly like the normal ones, saw loads of double band whilst working at pgd

do you have a picture? i never saw any lost ticket bands either on the standard list of bands  (mind you the list was big)

Edited by bob323

2 minutes ago, bob323 said:

if they was different bands they look exactly like the normal ones

I guess they were similar? Last year's GA were sort of silvery and green and these were black and dark green with bright lime green "lost ticket" writing. 

From what I can remember anyway.

Edited by Leyrulion

28 minutes ago, bennyboi said:

I was talking more about the sneaky one off's, not the industrial schemes. 

But even then, the spinners use to be as discreet as they needed to be. 

These were not that though.

That's my point, I'd feel very differently and totally agree with everyone else here if someone saw these guys, took pity on them, and then snuck them in. And they filmed it all and got them in sh*t. That'd be absolutely appalling. 

But that's not what happened. They were sold the service of being snuck in. Someone saw these guys and figured they could make a few hundred quid off them. They responded by putting their faces all over the internet.

At best, everyone involved here is being a prick. I've got no sympathy for the profiteers at all and I'm a bit weirded out that so many people do. If you have a way to sneak your mates in and don't want to f**k it up for future years, don't then sell the service to perfect strangers that you can't trust. Not complicated.

Edited by DeanoL
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Forget napping in the Greenfields. They'll come into your tent and relieve you of your wristband while you sleep.

Id fully believe it. In 2022 I was relieved of my phone while I “slept” (I was completely passed out)

This seems like a sensible place to sit if you're with children.

On Saturday, as the crowd swelled between Little Simz and Coldplay, there was a large ish group who had positioned themselves directly between the back of the sound booths and had used a few mini benches to protect their area where children were sat down. So you had two massive pinch points as people struggled to get in and get out for god knows how long.

They were typically entitled about their position because 'there are children here'. 

6 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

There are people who don't care if they are caught doing 'anything' in life, so doubt whether muggers would be put off by people around them, and their mobile phones set to record. In addition, it would be easy to mug someone at their campsite, when not many people are around. Or they could mug someone at night, in a dark partially lit up area. They'd then just melt into the crowd and are away.

There was a story relayed to us on shift about someone getting jumped for their wristband by a group of lads late at night in one of the campsites (at the toilets). Never know if that sort of thing is something different though 

Edited by efcfanwirral