Sneaking in - Full Video

Jacko45

17 hours ago, bennyboi said:

It is much, much harder these days. But not impossible, this guy made a meal out of it. 

This Aussie twit & the guy from last year that got the bridge shimmy nerfed are cringy attention vacuums. 

Its a time honoured tradition that has been keep discrete by those who know, then these cunce come along and put it on the internet for attention. 

Those travellers wont let this slip. He's going to get the hiding of his lifetime if/when they catch up to him.  

He came in via plastic Giraffe last year. This year he was invited in via a hospitality company and given a couple of grand yurt to live in and then obviously allowed on site.

20 hours ago, Old_Johno said:

It wasn’t so bad when it was prams and pushchairs as the handles are at-least at waist height and could be seen. 

My two in '98, some of you will have met the grown up versions!

Our tin bath mounted on a Silvercross pram base.

received_931924348673229.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Monty Pythagoras said:

He came in via plastic Giraffe last year. This year he was invited in via a hospitality company and given a couple of grand yurt to live in and then obviously allowed on site.

Thats sad to hear. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

That's a lovely (and accurate) expression.

I can never quote understand where it comes from. 

I get it when someone has a channel about something specific but when its just "heres me doing whatever I think might get the most attention" boggles me. 

There will be some form of trauma or inadequacy in there somewhere.  

if accurate or not the crowd thing has become wider news now so im sure the festival will have to respond to the local council now . personally I hope its not something that causes them any licensing issues or actually that there were any issues in terms of numbers , the reports we get are anecdotal . For me it seemed no worse than other years , in fact definitely the opposite come sunday . defiantly a weird scheduling with Avril but im not sure in any year there arent some acts that seem wrongly placed . 

I wonder if it'll have any bearing on Melvin Benn's appointment as Event Controller as would have thought this definitely falls within his remit, and from what I can see it's gotten worse every year since. Aside from gigs being closed down I noticed an increase in the railway track being closed making it really annoying when you're trying to get back to your camp and you can't.   

3 hours ago, nikkic said:

Seen a couple of these guys videos before and if anything, the Glasto one highlights how hard it is to sneak in.

Pretty sure they got into Leeds or Boomtown in a couple of hours with relative ease.

As much as I love Glasto, there’s no way I’d be spending 2 days trying to get in, only to have to fork out a load of cash to catch the last 30 hours of the festival. 

The Boomtown one they just followed a car in and went in the crew entrance.

There’s wayyyyy less security there, more surprising they don’t get huge numbers of jumpers. 

3 minutes ago, tomf3 said:

I wonder if it'll have any bearing on Melvin Benn's appointment as Event Controller as would have thought this definitely falls within his remit, and from what I can see it's gotten worse every year since. Aside from gigs being closed down I noticed an increase in the railway track being closed making it really annoying when you're trying to get back to your camp and you can't.   

The “crowd management” on the railway track was a disgrace this year. Seemed to be creating queues and bottlenecks instead of reducing them.

The reality is that there are way too many on site 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Skip997 said:

The “crowd management” on the railway track was a disgrace this year. Seemed to be creating queues and bottlenecks instead of reducing them.

The reality is that there are way too many on site 

Yeah it really hampers the experience. I'm pretty sure at one point we were leaving Arcadia and were blocked from walking down the railway track away from it as "Arcadia was too busy", so people had nowhere else to go other than the place that was already causing the issue. Made no sense at all.

47 minutes ago, bennyboi said:

I get it when someone has a channel about something specific but when its just "heres me doing whatever I think might get the most attention" boggles me. 

They're the influencer version of the class clown.

3 hours ago, nikkic said:

Seen a couple of these guys videos before and if anything, the Glasto one highlights how hard it is to sneak in.

Pretty sure they got into Leeds or Boomtown in a couple of hours with relative ease.

As much as I love Glasto, there’s no way I’d be spending 2 days trying to get in, only to have to fork out a load of cash to catch the last 30 hours of the festival. 

I was surprised at how they got into Boomtown relatively easily without having to bribe anyone. That festival sells out I’m surprised they haven’t got a serious problem with people trying to break in. Likewise with Tomorrowland, only took them a few hours to find a way through 2 small fences and they were in. 

Glasto is like Area 51 by comparison. 

1 hour ago, bennyboi said:

Presumably it's a money making exercise, as well as a 'me, me, me' exercise. 

I really think when people look back to previous years they do so with an air of nostalgia and remember it with rose tinted glasses. 

The first year I went I remember the weds being as quiet as I can and so it must have been like that throughout but the reality is that year I had the worst crush I have experienced in 9 festivals. 

It’s about knowing where to go or where to be, there are always going to be hotspots (which yes could be alleviated through better programming).

I don’t think the ‘something bad will happen’ is a fair argument, I’ve seen and experienced far worse at football grounds and I think there are better mitigations in place at Glastonbury. That said, it should be a priority to maintain safety measures, which I think were largely in place this year. 

8 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I can only assume that if dangerous crowd conditions are noted by the festival and the Council, that they both try try to improve year on year.* If they are noted and not acted upon then surely any major 'incident' would mean that GFL,  Eavis, possibly his family too  etc become corporately liable?

* - The problem, I suspect, is that Glastonbury doesn't have another better crowd control functioning Glastonbury to compare itself too. This means that it can't directly learn. That means that any flow analysis systems from elsewhere, if used, wouldn't seem to me to be able to be used accurately. So what are they using? Are they even monitoring it in such a fashion? One would expect that they are. 

Personally I'd be whacking it (with fear) every festival, if it were my festival and I hadn't done continuous homework in this area.

Janelle Monae has 2.21 million monthly listens on Spotify and Avril Lavigne has 21.8 million (and barely tours). So regardless of what critics say or the assumption that Glastonbury fans have more "refined" music tastes, that's one issue dealt with for sure with some pretty easy data.

It's when there are big DJs on small stages that it falls apart, especially after hours. They need more and bigger late night stuff

Edited by efcfanwirral

20 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Janelle Monae has 2.21 million monthly listens on Spotify and Avril Lavigne has 21.8 million (and barely tours). So regardless of what critics say or the assumption that Glastonbury fans have more "refined" music tastes, that's one issue dealt with for sure with some pretty easy data.

It's when there are big DJs on small stages that it falls apart, especially after hours. They need more and bigger late night stuff

I'm not sure how far back Spotify history goes and not doubting the fact that Avril will be more popular with regards to numbers but won't those stats be seriously skewed now as the festival approached and more people familiarised/re-familiarised themselves with her catalogue along with the usual post festival popularity?

27 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

So regardless of what critics say or the assumption that Glastonbury fans have more "refined" music tastes,  

😂

The acts that get overcrowded generally shows that Glastonbury fans (overall) don’t have more refined music tastes 

27 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

And when people are either too drunk to know what they’re watching or are being deliberately ironic 

3 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

😂

The acts that get overcrowded generally shows that Glastonbury fans (overall) don’t have more refined music tastes 

And when people are either too drunk to know what they’re watching or are being deliberately ironic 

whats a refined music taste ? do you mean less mainstream ? 

1 minute ago, Crazyfool01 said:

whats a refined music taste ? do you mean less mainstream ? 

Generally, but not exclusively 

There are and always have been good mainstream acts, but most of the best music is outside of the “mainstream”. 

This doesn’t only occur in music 

38 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Or smaller to make it less attractive.

They're sort of stuck as the licensing means they've only got a small area to use for late night stuff, so short of renegotiating that, the only way around it is to actually reduce demand for that area.

Just now, Skip997 said:

Generally, but not exclusively 

There are and always have been good mainstream acts, but most of the best music is outside of the “mainstream”. 

This doesn’t only occur in music 

id say personally I wouldnt describe anyones taste as refined or not , different yes , mainstream yes ( which ill happily say that mine is mostly ) .... 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, The Nal said:

And 8 miles of fence. Trump would be proud.

Multiple fences if the videos are to be believed. It must cost them a fortune. 

They got into one the off site glamping sites pretty easily in their Glasto video. I wonder if one could sneak into Camp Kerala would it be possible to get on the bus that takes the people with hospitality tickets to the interstage area between other and pyramid? Probably slim chance of success. 

1 hour ago, efcfanwirral said:

And there are two very large (3 if you include Arcadia), late night DJ areas now. 

Would be lovely if they had a field dedicated to alternative forms of music as well. An indie/rock area, a hip-hop area, etc.

• Upvote 2