Sneaking in - Full Video

Jacko45

2 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

The burger seller guy who was verbally abusing his wife is

a) a charmer

b) presumably now a known issue to security and will presumably be neutralised in some shape or form for next year ?

eeep 😄

I worked on the gate that camp kerala used back in 2019. Vehicle gate behind the cabaret field, orchard I think it was called

We still had to scan everyone in and out using the same qr code wristbands staff had

I even scanned Posh, Becks & their kids when they came through, Posh was absolutely sh*t faced

I dunno why, but I just watched it again, and those two women at the end, Blondie and her mate, are hilarious... They remind me of a scene out of Human Traffic for some reason... Can't quite put my finger on which one, so if anybody else gets it too, please let me know... 

3 hours ago, Alvoram said:

I dunno why, but I just watched it again, and those two women at the end, Blondie and her mate, are hilarious... They remind me of a scene out of Human Traffic for some reason... Can't quite put my finger on which one, so if anybody else gets it too, please let me know... 

These two?

Human Traffic (1999) - IMDb

3 hours ago, Alvoram said:

Astonishingly, it's on YouTube. The scene where they're interviewed:

EDIT: the timestamp is 47:40 - can't get the link to work properly...

Edited by MEGATRONICMEATWAGON
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Astonishingly, it's on YouTube. The scene where they're interviewed:

EDIT: the timestamp is 47:40 - can't get the link to work properly...

Yes yes yes!!!

Man I loved that movie... Gonna have to watch it again soon. 

Edit: I couldn't turn it off... Next scene reminds me of some members here, and their opinions on Glastonbury... 🙈🙈😂😂

Edit Edit: What have you done... I'm supposed to be working!!! 🙈😂

Edited by Alvoram

13 minutes ago, Alvoram said:

Yes yes yes!!!

Man I loved that movie... Gonna have to watch it again soon. 

Edit: I couldn't turn it off... Next scene reminds me of some members here, and their opinions on Glastonbury... 🙈🙈😂😂

Edit Edit: What have you done... I'm supposed to be working!!! 🙈😂

It's a great great film. Very underappreciated or even unknown by many people. I remember we watched it on a weekly basis one term at uni and so many of the thoughts and social interactions the characters had were so relatable. So many classic scenes. The techniques to get the joint passed over to them next, lol, I remember being in those situations so much, as the one holding the joint and the one trying to strike up convo, haha. The Star Wars realisation with Danny Dyer in the kitchen too... 

Surprised the whole thing is on the 'Tube, watch it before it's removed! 😅

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

It's a great great film. Very underappreciated or even unknown by many people. I remember we watched it on a weekly basis one term at uni and so many of the thoughts and social interactions the characters had were so relatable. So many classic scenes. The techniques to get the joint passed over to them next, lol, I remember being in those situations so much, as the one holding the joint and the one trying to strike up convo, haha. The Star Wars realisation with Danny Dyer in the kitchen too... 

I am watching it now. But I have got to turn it off, as I'm supposed to be working. I'll watch it properly soon though, it's only in 240p on that video, and it really shows on some scenes.

I have the DVD in storage somewhere. 🙂 

Absolute banger of a movie, so many classic scenes, National anthem, Paranoia, Spliff Politics, Milky Bars, Nice One Bruvva... Absolutely love it, thanks for reminding me just how much. 🙂 

Edited by Alvoram
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Madyaker said:

Multiple fences if the videos are to be believed. It must cost them a fortune. 

They got into one the off site glamping sites pretty easily in their Glasto video. I wonder if one could sneak into Camp Kerala would it be possible to get on the bus that takes the people with hospitality tickets to the interstage area between other and pyramid? Probably slim chance of success. 

Didn't know there was such a bus 

51 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

I got it for £3 on DVD when my local HMV was shutting down. I was only 11 when it came out so technically too young for some of the references but by the time I went to my first Warehouse Project in 2006 I thought I was them.

Might have to put it on tonight 😁

3 minutes ago, Talcroft said:

I got it for £3 on DVD when my local HMV was shutting down. I was only 11 when it came out so technically too young for some of the references but by the time I went to my first Warehouse Project in 2006 I thought I was them.

Might have to put it on tonight 😁

You bought it when you were 11?!?! That's mad. I think if I'd seen it when I was 11 I would've been blown away with no idea what the hell was going on, haha.

Since alvoram brought it up, I've ended up watching through the highlights again. So many good memories, not only watching it, but thinking like you said, that it was a film about me and my life in my late teens/early twenties.

22 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

You bought it when you were 11?!?! That's mad. I think if I'd seen it when I was 11 I would've been blown away with no idea what the hell was going on, haha.

Since alvoram brought it up, I've ended up watching through the highlights again. So many good memories, not only watching it, but thinking like you said, that it was a film about me and my life in my late teens/early twenties.

Nah I reckon I was 15 by the time it was reduced. I was cool but not that cool, paha. 

It was 100% the story of our lives. It should be on the curriculum to stop the ket epidemic. 

I said, nice one bruvva! 

14 hours ago, MilkyJoe said:

I'm not sure how far back Spotify history goes and not doubting the fact that Avril will be more popular with regards to numbers but won't those stats be seriously skewed now as the festival approached and more people familiarised/re-familiarised themselves with her catalogue along with the usual post festival popularity?

Youre giving the average glasto punter too much credit.  Post numbers are just weird sometimes but you can see clearer data from Dua and Coldplay than others. They had the global livestream so anyone watching could feel the need to buy the artists music and all that. Avril's impression was going to be minimal. Ill say this, she def got a giant crowd cause it was much more convenient to see her do the same exact set at Glasto than in an arena and for a fraction of the cost. Why see certain acts solo when the show is the same. And theres no need to research somebody like Aveil beforehand. You know what youre getting.

Somebody like Confidence Man got a huge boost from their performance thats for sure cause their uk tour dates are selling really well.

Edited by Suprefan

2 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Youre giving the average glasto punter too much credit.  Post numbers are just weird sometimes but you can see clearer data from Dua and Coldplay than others. They had the global livestream so anyone watching could feel the need to buy the artists music and all that. Avril's impression was going to be minimal. Ill say this, she def got a giant crowd cause it was much more convenient to see her do the same exact set at Glasto than in an arena and for a fraction of the cost. Why see certain acts solo when the show is the same. And theres no need to research somebody like Aveil beforehand. You know what youre getting.

Yeah I guess I just had no idea Avril was still a thing. Sadly didn't make it to the farm this year but I was genuinely surprised she was still so popular.

19 hours ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

For your first point, does Glastonbury need to change it's infrastructure though that much? Pathways and boardwalks are all fine. Glasto built their own super fence since 2002. Toilets and water taps all over the site, a lot with permanent foundations. They improved the drainage a lot in the last twenty years and continually update the site with new stages (Levels, for example) and new installations (GoS, Carhenge, the Dragonfly)... 

Second point, I tend to agree. I hope they learn to schedule better, albeit I would personally like to see less people on site in total as well.

theres always things to improve even if we dont notice them. And I mean improving everything. Like the Park getting "screens" this year seemed nice but my gf said it best when she said it looked like watching your neighbors tv from across the road cause yours had gone out. Adding a set of repeaters to the Park would help a ton for everyone residing on the hill. Better soundsystems overall make things better for everyone, but I mean, babysteps.

I think there was ways to make things more manageable for crowd flow and such. And I mean they removed some toilets this year? What kind of move is that. Adding proper shaded areas is a big one because there doesnt seem to be an end in sight of having dryer than normal weather and heat waves at that time of the year. Gotta keep people comfortable. Im sure we can all think of things that can be done differently or better, but we arent the ones in charge. We just have to hope they listen to concerns or realize their errors and rectify them. 

This year at Coachella they had their first major expansion of the grounds in years. They moved the biggest tent across the street essentially. ( across a service road and into what was formerly horse stables )  It made for a bit of a longer walk to get over there but it created a new separation of crowds and such. And they added another stage in the empty space which was all electronic and dj's were given at minimum 3 hours per set which was nice. We dont know yet how thats going ti be when its back to being fully sold and everything but its for sure going to create breathing room in the main part of the fest so its not as crowded which is a good thing. And the capacity isnt changing anytime soon either.

Anyway, its crazy that somebody couldve made off with over 100 grand for sneaking people in. Shows you how broken things are and how willing people are to pay that amount to get in as it is? So over £100 past face value. If the fest were trying to take everyones money they could charge £500 next fest and it would still be gone in an hour. But we prob wont be far off from that next decade. First we hit £400 and see the cries about how they are all corporate or something.

11 hours ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Human Traffic is fantastic!

It is available in proper quality on Goojara which is free.

If you do want to watch it on Goojara, when you hit play it open another tab (Wootly), close that tab and you're good to go.

3 hours ago, Suprefan said:

theres always things to improve even if we dont notice them. And I mean improving everything. Like the Park getting "screens" this year seemed nice but my gf said it best when she said it looked like watching your neighbors tv from across the road cause yours had gone out. Adding a set of repeaters to the Park would help a ton for everyone residing on the hill. Better soundsystems overall make things better for everyone, but I mean, babysteps.

I think there was ways to make things more manageable for crowd flow and such. And I mean they removed some toilets this year? What kind of move is that. Adding proper shaded areas is a big one because there doesnt seem to be an end in sight of having dryer than normal weather and heat waves at that time of the year. Gotta keep people comfortable. Im sure we can all think of things that can be done differently or better, but we arent the ones in charge. We just have to hope they listen to concerns or realize their errors and rectify them. 

This year at Coachella they had their first major expansion of the grounds in years. They moved the biggest tent across the street essentially. ( across a service road and into what was formerly horse stables )  It made for a bit of a longer walk to get over there but it created a new separation of crowds and such. And they added another stage in the empty space which was all electronic and dj's were given at minimum 3 hours per set which was nice. We dont know yet how thats going ti be when its back to being fully sold and everything but its for sure going to create breathing room in the main part of the fest so its not as crowded which is a good thing. And the capacity isnt changing anytime soon either.

Anyway, its crazy that somebody couldve made off with over 100 grand for sneaking people in. Shows you how broken things are and how willing people are to pay that amount to get in as it is? So over £100 past face value. If the fest were trying to take everyones money they could charge £500 next fest and it would still be gone in an hour. But we prob wont be far off from that next decade. First we hit £400 and see the cries about how they are all corporate or something.

Perhaps some technical aspects could be changed RE screens and sound systems. That's all way above my technical knowledge, unfortunately. It's difficult to expand the festival though, given that it's a proper green fields event. I certainly can't imagine them changing anything major around. I can't remember when they put Arcadia before the Park, but aside from that, I'm not expecting any wholesale changes to the layout.

As for the amounts being thrown around about how many people snuck in. I can't imagine it's so high. 10k extra people? That's a hell of a lot of people to sneak in and especially in this video from the OP, it took them 3 days and a lot of money to do that. I can't imagine 10k people are going through that process for just 30 hours of festival time.

1 hour ago, Sawdusty surfer said:

Human Traffic is fantastic!

It is available in proper quality on Goojara which is free.

If you do want to watch it on Goojara, when you hit play it open another tab (Wootly), close that tab and you're good to go.

Thanks for the tip! Gonna have to check out Goojara later and see what it's like.

people are underestimating how many people go through the gates on the blag. it's way higher than most people think. fake tickets, passed wristbands, someone else's ticket, no ticket, fancy dress, running et etc. its a hell of a lot. then with all the people being spun in, climbing the fence etc.  hospitality and performer tickets, villager and lost tickets are the major weak points. tens of thousands. 

11 minutes ago, e_p said:

people are underestimating how many people go through the gates on the blag. it's way higher than most people think. fake tickets, passed wristbands, someone else's ticket, no ticket, fancy dress, running et etc. its a hell of a lot. then with all the people being spun in, climbing the fence etc.  hospitality and performer tickets, villager and lost tickets are the major weak points. tens of thousands. 

Got a source? 

• Like 1

Just now, CaledonianGonzo said:

There's probably several thousand there long before the gates even open.

If there are then their doing an amazing job of hiding.

I was there around 2 weeks before the gates opened this year and there weren’t loads of people by any standards.

We’re trying to say the issue is loads sneaking in,  while the real issue is simply too many tickets being sold