Sneaking in - Full Video

Jacko45

9 hours ago, wozwebs said:

The Human Traffic 25 year celebration in the Cornish Arms was one of the highlights of the festival. Started with Born Slippy and played loads from the soundtrack and from that era. 

IMG_5012.mov

I had no idea that was even on. Gutted I missed it. 

I did make it to a few artists from the soundtrack though, so I guess I can console myself with that. 🙂

Dillinja, Carl Cox and FBS... Missed Orbital though 😕 

1 hour ago, Paul ™ said:

Thats exactly it, and i know a lot of the team personally, and they are some of the best in the business.

From my view it was the best organised festival for crowd control, obviously others had different experiences but whilst busy we never felt crushed. Except perhaps in Greenpeace on Thursday but we got to the front of the sound stage and we were fine. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Alvoram said:

I had no idea that was even on. Gutted I missed it. 

I did make it to a few artists from the soundtrack though, so I guess I can console myself with that. 🙂

Dillinja, Carl Cox and FBS... Missed Orbital though 😕 

Sadly Carl Cox didn't play this year, was taking a year off from Glastonbury, back next year!

2 hours ago, tigger123 said:

Sadly Carl Cox didn't play this year, was taking a year off from Glastonbury, back next year!

Yep you're right, it was Andy C, I'm mixing him up with... Easy two to get mixed up, obviously, especially how they look so alike and play the same music... 🙈🙄

FFS sorry. I cannot explain how I mixed them up. 

• Upvote 1

Not directly related to how these guys got in, but there was a change this year to the process for the 5 names that could use a Village ticket and for next year the glamping EPO wristband users will have to have a registration number.

Presume both of these are small steps towards closing some of the other possible routes in?

On 7/9/2024 at 8:20 PM, fraybentos1 said:

Yeah how on earth are they not using phones and QR codes or whatever in 2024. It's mad.

I'm sure someone will have said this somewhere later in the thread but the EPO wristbands do get scanned in and out and it would seem quite easy to add the extra bit of plastic to other wristbands in the future. The glamping site we were at, just took a note of which EPO number they gave us, nothing more than that, but next year they will want people to have registration numbers as well, so I guess then the festival will have a persons details / image to check up on for any scams using them?

On 7/10/2024 at 8:18 AM, tigger123 said:

I believe the stewards asking you to high five their big foam hands as you go through the barriers in Bella's Field was actually a disguise for wristband checking, at least that's what one of them said to me when I asked them a few years back

Who high fives with their non-wiping hand?

On 7/11/2024 at 12:11 PM, incident said:

I would assume they'd be trying to go through the re-entry section, as there's a lot less obstacles on that path. Or possibly even one of the exit lanes.

Thing is that there should be a security guard sat several metres after the ticket/wristband/passout check, and so assuming the ticket checker is halfway alert they just yell runner, and assuming the security is halfway alert they can pick them up.

We noticed at gate C this year that they often had a barrier across the EPO access route, with it only slightly open and usually at least 2 people manning it, running through would have been impossible.

6 hours ago, The other Bellboy said:

Not directly related to how these guys got in, but there was a change this year to the process for the 5 names that could use a Village ticket and for next year the glamping EPO wristband users will have to have a registration number.

Presume both of these are small steps towards closing some of the other possible routes in?

what was the change to the Villagers tickets guests?

7 hours ago, bob323 said:

The way I remember it being explained to me was that instead of having the piece of paper with the 5 lines on that the villager could write the names on at any time, they now had to supply the names in advance and they would be part of the printed ticket. This was explained to me by the host of the AirBnB that we stayed in after the festival in Pilton. When we first discussed it, they said the transfer process was no longer possible but when I questioned that further, they said it was still possible but was not as easy as before.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, bob323 said:

We had to check villagers tickets- only the first person on ticket through got a wristband - everyone else had names printed on in advance and they had to supply id.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, The other Bellboy said:

The way I remember it being explained to me was that instead of having the piece of paper with the 5 lines on that the villager could write the names on at any time, they now had to supply the names in advance and they would be part of the printed ticket. This was explained to me by the host of the AirBnB that we stayed in after the festival in Pilton. When we first discussed it, they said the transfer process was no longer possible but when I questioned that further, they said it was still possible but was not as easy as before.

12 hours ago, sedra said:

We had to check villagers tickets- only the first person on ticket through got a wristband - everyone else had names printed on in advance and they had to supply id.

thanks

On 7/12/2024 at 8:34 AM, e_p said:

people are underestimating how many people go through the gates on the blag. it's way higher than most people think. fake tickets, passed wristbands, someone else's ticket, no ticket, fancy dress, running et etc. its a hell of a lot. then with all the people being spun in, climbing the fence etc.  hospitality and performer tickets, villager and lost tickets are the major weak points. tens of thousands. 

He knows 

On 7/12/2024 at 8:47 AM, Skip997 said:

If there are then their doing an amazing job of hiding.

I was there around 2 weeks before the gates opened this year and there weren’t loads of people by any standards.

We’re trying to say the issue is loads sneaking in,  while the real issue is simply too many tickets being sold

I got vanned in on the tuesday last year, slept in one of the tall tipees they had either side of the entrance to the stones. 

On 7/12/2024 at 9:00 AM, MilkyJoe said:

Reading this thread and the estimations of numbers without tickets is making me wish I'd tried harder to attend this year.😂

You never, ever give up! Easy for me to sale bc I live 20mins away. But tele ladders are £80 on amazon & god loves a tryer. 

• Upvote 2

20 hours ago, bennyboi said:

You never, ever give up! Easy for me to sale bc I live 20mins away. But tele ladders are £80 on amazon & god loves a tryer. 

Do you think many actually get over the fence? Based off the video that started this thread it looks basically impossible. 

16 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

Do you think many actually get over the fence? Based off the video that started this thread it looks basically impossible. 

It’s possible but I’d doubt it’s huge numbers . It’s not quite as simple as scaling the fence . There’s overhangs , guard towers and patrols to be factored in 

21 hours ago, bennyboi said:

Various factors were in play to prevent me from attending this year but if I had been trying seriously to get in it wouldn't have been via a ladder!