Sneaking in - Full Video

Jacko45

3 hours ago, Chawk said:

Man this video is even worse than the original one posted here

Quite funny this tbh. Tl:dw

Try fence jumping, dressing up as chefs and have no luck. Get taken to the eviction centre first time (which doesn't normally happen but they must have been quite annoying)

Sunday they have two hospitality wristbands and pass outs that they "found left in a cabin" (I think they paid for that)

Try the gate in the day, get rejected and tickets confiscated. 

Then they try again and get in without even having a ticket. But by the sunset it's clearly about 9/10pm on the Sunday. 

Security take over the gates by then and tbh, yeah, it's really easy to get in at a gate at that point. It's also 10pm on the Sunday, and won't really make any difference. 

4 hours ago, Chawk said:

Man this video is even worse than the original one posted here

Looks like these were working at that new off site, pitch your own campsite, that popped up near Sticklinch...

They show a map with that as their 'headquarters' and also say to somebody that they're 'not working inside the festival, they're working at a glamping site next door.' 

Edited by Alvoram

On 7/14/2024 at 9:09 PM, The other Bellboy said:

The way I remember it being explained to me was that instead of having the piece of paper with the 5 lines on that the villager could write the names on at any time, they now had to supply the names in advance and they would be part of the printed ticket. This was explained to me by the host of the AirBnB that we stayed in after the festival in Pilton. When we first discussed it, they said the transfer process was no longer possible but when I questioned that further, they said it was still possible but was not as easy as before.

On 7/14/2024 at 9:59 PM, sedra said:

We had to check villagers tickets- only the first person on ticket through got a wristband - everyone else had names printed on in advance and they had to supply id.

Ah yes, the infallible village ticket system...

We got wristbanded in the assisted car park, then entered the site through the Gate A re-entry lane around 10:30 on Wed morning. Very glam girl in front of us (tight red dress and not much else) tried to get in with a Pop-Up Motel crew wristband, was politely refused. Then almost immediately at the other side of the barrier at the general entry lane two lads tried to run it. The faster one almost got away before being rugby-tackled to the ground (to loud cheers). His slower mate got blocked and moaned in a broad Scouse accent “Warrami gonna do…I’m from Liverpool?!!”. It was politely explained to him that he had a fake ticket, so it was kind of his problem. Got to admire the chutzpah 😁 I felt a bit nostalgic. Meanwhile someone I know got in later in the weekend on a swapped crew wristband…🤫 Understand 12 people were seen climbing over the fence using a ladder near Strummerville and were ignored by the old skool crew. 

8 hours ago, phillyfaddle said:

We got wristbanded in the assisted car park, then entered the site through the Gate A re-entry lane around 10:30 on Wed morning. Very glam girl in front of us (tight red dress and not much else) tried to get in with a Pop-Up Motel crew wristband, was politely refused. Then almost immediately at the other side of the barrier at the general entry lane two lads tried to run it. The faster one almost got away before being rugby-tackled to the ground (to loud cheers). His slower mate got blocked and moaned in a broad Scouse accent “Warrami gonna do…I’m from Liverpool?!!”. It was politely explained to him that he had a fake ticket, so it was kind of his problem. Got to admire the chutzpah 😁 I felt a bit nostalgic. Meanwhile someone I know got in later in the weekend on a swapped crew wristband…🤫 Understand 12 people were seen climbing over the fence using a ladder near Strummerville and were ignored by the old skool crew. 

Were they together? I'm sure there are more than a few groups that work in tandem ie. one or 2 people create a fuss and a diversion while others take advantage and try to run it.

I’d assume that when the organisers sit down with the local authorities and police to review the festival then illegal entry into the site will be one of the topics discussed. I reckon the odd fence jumper etc will be ignored but organised groups profiting by charging hundreds to get many folk in and also misuse of crew bands etc will be a cause for concern. That’s not just a few sneaking in, it’s a serious danger to the safety of legitimate ticket holders. 

55 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:reckon the odd fence jumper etc will be ignored but organised groups profiting by charging hundreds to get many folk in and also misuse of crew bands etc will be a cause for concern. That’s not just a few sneaking in, it’s a serious danger to the safety of legitimate ticket holders. 

We still (as far as I know) don’t have any data on numbers using these methods, but I do know that it has been tightened up.

I’m still to be convinced that the numbers are anywhere as large as people think.

And I still think there’s far to many legitimate tickets issued  

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

If you had to go through the same rigmarole as the normal public attendee does getting tickets I daresay you wouldn't be demanding it be made even harder.

I wouldn’t bother 

22 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

I’d assume that when the organisers sit down with the local authorities and police to review the festival then illegal entry into the site will be one of the topics discussed. I reckon the odd fence jumper etc will be ignored but organised groups profiting by charging hundreds to get many folk in and also misuse of crew bands etc will be a cause for concern. That’s not just a few sneaking in, it’s a serious danger to the safety of legitimate ticket holders. 

You'd assume so but any discussion of this seems strangely absent from any of the public documentation available. And when people queried it last year they got some quite noncommittal responses.

I do wonder if it's a case of Glastonbury not saying it's a problem outside of their own four walls. Because admitting it means admitting a potential license breach. They'll still tighten things up internally but I'm not sure they're working with local authorities on it at all.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

You'd assume so but any discussion of this seems strangely absent from any of the public documentation available. And when people queried it last year they got some quite noncommittal responses.

I do wonder if it's a case of Glastonbury not saying it's a problem outside of their own four walls. Because admitting it means admitting a potential license breach. They'll still tighten things up internally but I'm not sure they're working with local authorities on it at all.

I wouldn't have thought it would be discussed with the local authorities or the police would it? Surely it's a matter for GFL and their security to discuss. The only thing the local authorities could do is change the license to reduce the number of paying punters but I would have thought if GFL know there is a problem then they would prefer to keep it in house.

11 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I think it is a continuing live discussion between the council and GFL. well, this (dated) article would suggest so;

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2001/jan/05/localgovernment.uknews

Interesting Yog. Obviously in 2000 it was blatantly clear to everybody that thousands had jumped the fence and gained entry which obviously led to the superfence being erected in 2002. I imagine this has led to a very small number gaining entry by that means nowadays. The issue currently is that it appears to be an unknown entity how many actually gain entry due to spin ins etc. Unless GFL willingly share the information that they have a problem with the local authorities/police then I'm not sure how they would ever know?

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, DeanoL said:

To be fair loads of people have been posting about how they should cut down on the number of workers tickets, which I don't think is specifically directed at Skip! 

Yeah there's 67,000 tickets after coach, general and Sunday sales. 

10k are volunteers, 10k are traders. That leaves 47k for the rest of the security and other staff, hospitality and artists. 

If they did agree that capacity needed a decrease they'd surely look at removing those back to where it was in 2014 (when it was still 135k GA).

5 hours ago, MilkyJoe said:

Interesting Yog. Obviously in 2000 it was blatantly clear to everybody that thousands had jumped the fence and gained entry which obviously led to the superfence being erected in 2002. I imagine this has led to a very small number gaining entry by that means nowadays. The issue currently is that it appears to be an unknown entity how many actually gain entry due to spin ins etc. Unless GFL willingly share the information that they have a problem with the local authorities/police then I'm not sure how they would ever know?

Hello Milky Joe,

Thanks for the explanation. I don't tend to read whole threads (if they are of any length at all), so sometimes only get a part of the picture of knowing what's being talked about, So, I hadn't realised the emphasis of your initial question was in specific relation to 'Spin ins'.

Well, that's what I'd like to think, anyway. The reality is, according to some so called experts, that I suffer from profound mental retardation.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/25/2024 at 5:22 AM, MilkyJoe said:

Were they together? I'm sure there are more than a few groups that work in tandem ie. one or 2 people create a fuss and a diversion while others take advantage and try to run it.

Yes, I believe they were together, based on the conversation going on.