Sneaking in - Full Video

Jacko45

1 minute ago, Alvoram said:

I'm with Mark, the amount of people that try and help them in that video, only to be shown on camera, is disgusting. So much for loyalty amongst thieves huh (or even common decency!!! dodgy or not, if somebody bends the rules to help you, you don't drop them in the s*** like that.) 

It's happening, all of the time... Spin ins were working well this year, I am in various different groups with lots of people who got spun in... Those who've been saying it's a myth the last few years are very much out of touch. I've been around here for only a few years, and I'm 100% confident I could buy my way in if I didn't get tickets.  

Im amazed that a simple wristband swap works

4 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Blue dreads gonna be a marked man if the folk he's doxed have any say in the matter. 

Thing is the security had them on, said he could get them in and just lead them to security which was funny, so no doxxing there.

Then he proceeds to show a blokes face who's clearly orchestrating the travellers racket.

Just now, Spindles said:

I wonder what it cost him (apart from 2 days of sneaking around) to get in at the end of the penultimate day of the festival.  

There's the hotel room and rental car on top too 

Also -Some guys we spoke to that snuck in were peddling rumour of a tunnel too that has been there a couple of years but we weren't sure if that was just a cover so we didn't pry about the real way they got in. You never know though. They also said they came in earlier in the week

4 minutes ago, Spindles said:

I wonder what it cost him (apart from 2 days of sneaking around) to get in at the end of the penultimate day of the festival.  

I suspect it only made financial sense because of the YouTube content. If they were really that bothered about getting into the festival, they'd have started trying long before Friday afternoon. 

the lost ticket system (and villagers tickets) are a f**kign ridiculous system.  i worked a gate this year. I reckon 50% of th people using either method are blagging.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Sack truck said:

Also -Some guys we spoke to that snuck in were peddling rumour of a tunnel too that has been there a couple of years but we weren't sure if that was just a cover so we didn't pry about the real way they got in. You never know though. They also said they came in earlier in the week

I ended up in the furthest car park I could from my staff camping and got lost trying to walk round. Definitely saw evidence of a tunnel en route. Always presumed the tunnel thing was bullsh1t but I definitely saw something a lot like it. In between PGB and PGC, between the blue route and the fence.

Edited by Talcroft

12 minutes ago, El Matador said:

I suspect it only made financial sense because of the YouTube content. If they were really that bothered about getting into the festival, they'd have started trying long before Friday afternoon. 

And this is why I'm not even giving the vid a cursory look.

8 minutes ago, e_p said:

the lost ticket system (and villagers tickets) are a f**kign ridiculous system.  i worked a gate this year. I reckon 50% of th people using either method are blagging.

How does it work?

• Like 1

Are we annoyed because they're dickheads? Or annoyed because they actually stayed in the festival once they got in?

I'm just thinking if an actual journalist did this, just to prove if it could be done or not, to expose the schemes, then left straight after, presumably we'd applaud it?

I don't think I would applaud anyone breaking in.  Doesn't it put the license at risk + isn't one of the things everyone is frustrated about is it feeling overcrowded at times.  This surely adds to it.

If it was someone who really cared about the festival, miiiiiight make me feel a bit different, but this group were just youtubers looking for content.  The worst type of festival goer.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Nal said:

Tried to jump over/get through the fence - Got caught.

Tried to get in via Worthy View - Told to f**k off

Tried to go in via vehicle entrance - Told to f**k off.

"Bought" some wristband from a traveler who called his own wife a "stupid c**t" - Strolled in through Gate B. 

The same Gate B who searched me everyday for the first time in 13 festivals, searched nurses and medics going to their shifts in uniform too! Unbelievable 

39 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

Are we annoyed because they're dickheads? Or annoyed because they actually stayed in the festival once they got in?

I'm just thinking if an actual journalist did this, just to prove if it could be done or not, to expose the schemes, then left straight after, presumably we'd applaud it?

Yep, if it was a journalist or a clever sting by Mendip District Council, I'd applaud it and wouldn't think twice about the dodgy security/stewards who got caught out.  (I would still feel a bit  bad for some of the guys who'd have been in trouble, e.g. the guy checking the wrist-band at the Gate and the guy who let them into that boutique camping spot - they were probably just harassed volunteers folding in the face of a persistent blagger rather than actually being out to rip off the festival.)

However, as 'glimmers of hope' says above, these are the worst type of influencers, doing whatever it takes for clicks.  Go and have a look at their YouTube channel - even just a quick scan of the thumbnails tells you everything you need to know about them, but watching some of their 'night out in Benidorm' type videos is pretty sickening.  A mainstream media channel would have known to sack these lot off a long time ago, but social media is the wild west where all the Jimmy Savile 'hiding in plain sight' merchants can just carry on plying their trade.  Even if they've never actually sexually assaulted any of the wrecked females they seek out, they will still have ruined the lives of a lot of unfortunates who had a bit too much one night and ran into these creeps ready and waiting with their camera.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, dulcificum said:

Would need a pass out ticket checker to confirm there is some document you can use to get in in place of a ticket + pass out + wristband.

There is a method for if you lose your ticket, which involved going to the box office for some checks, after which you would be able to come and go without a photo check.

Haven't even watched it but I already dislike them intensely. Boasting about stealing from a festival where the prcoeeds go to charity is bad enough but boasting about it whilst making your videos long enough that you hope to make money from it whilst also making it harder and harder for Glastonbury to get their licence and make those who for genuine reasons do lose tickets etc it even tougher to get back in well let's just say they don't make my list of top people.

• Upvote 3

Does it not also expose the people running this operation to get them in, force the festival to basically act on this, and stop those people doing it next year?

Might also even put off some people from doing it if they're worried they might be filmed and exposed?

Playing devil's advocate a bit here, they're clearly awful (just looking at the video thumbnails is enough to figure that out) but if this stuff gets popular, more people do it next year... will have a long term benefit right?

I dunno, I think it would be worse if they *did* blur out the people that snuck them in.

Edited by DeanoL