Sneaking in - Full Video

Jacko45

19 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

It’s unofficially encouraged right from the top. I know this for a fact.

That’s all I’m saying 

I couldn't possibly comment on that, but I do know of bands appearing in the past who haven't had enough tickets for a wristband for each band member.

It says they were getting in as workers in the vid and traders tickets don't have photos on them. Not sure what they give for a lost ticket in those instances. 

These guys are absolute scum though filming everyone without a care even though they were helping them...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Skip997 said:

It’s unofficially encouraged right from the top. I know this for a fact.

That’s all I’m saying 

I can believe that. Michael's said much the same in previous documentaries/interviews and Emily hinted at it with Annie & Nick when she was going on about "how hard people try" to be there. I know it was in the context of a ballot but it sounded to me like a nod to the spinners. 

Well I've now got two new stories to brief stewards with next year if I'm volunteering again. 

1. That people sneaking in are often doing it for social media views so they may end up on tiktok without faces blurred. So be careful as if identifiable they won't be asked back again. 

2. A scam got exposed and people got arrested because of it. (I agree that the story as told isn't actually plausible based on how it works).

2 minutes ago, Talcroft said:

I can believe that. Michael's said much the same in previous documentaries/interviews and Emily hinted at it with Annie & Nick when she was going on about "how hard people try" to be there. I know it was in the context of a ballot but it sounded to me like a nod to the spinners. 

I find it difficult to believe Michael likes the profiteering side of it

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, kerplunk said:

I find it difficult to believe Michael likes the profiteering side of it

I'm pretty confident in saying that the "encouraged right from the top" line would be specifically in reference to crews getting acts or necessary staff on site, and certainly not a reference to any twat profiteering.

49 minutes ago, Helsbels said:

It says they were getting in as workers in the vid and traders tickets don't have photos on them. Not sure what they give for a lost ticket in those instances. 

These guys are absolute scum though filming everyone without a care even though they were helping them...

Another strong possibility with these toss-pots is that the entire thing was staged, in that they already had tickets but needlessly went through the break-in attempt, purely as a way of generating extra clicks.  The economics of doing this would certainly make sense - 'sneaking into Glastonbury' videos do really well, so spending the day marching round the site making a nuisance of yourself will pay handsomely.  If any of us had a smallish social media presence that we wanted to turbo-charge, we could do the same: a load of fake jeopardy and shaky camera-shots would pretty much guaranteeing the video would go viral.  I also suspected this with matey who went under the river bridge last year and inside a fibre-glass giraffe this year - for the sake of £300, he can pretty much guarantee a video showing him succeeding, and that video will earn him many times that figure.

37 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

Well I've now got two new stories to brief stewards with next year if I'm volunteering again. 

1. That people sneaking in are often doing it for social media views so they may end up on tiktok without faces blurred. So be careful as if identifiable they won't be asked back again. 

You mean if a volunteer ends up on video having somehow let them slip through the net?

7 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

You mean if a volunteer ends up on video having somehow let them slip through the net?

Yeah that, and also they don't know if someone could be filming them and it end up on tiktok so even like giving tips or advice etc is risky. 

8 hours ago, Mark E. Spliff said:

They spent more than a day going round the perimeter looking for opportunities but failed.  They then contacted some dodgy people, who they were variously describing as scousers, Irish, travellers, who they paid to loan them a wristband which worked.  You don't get to see the wristband in the video, but it was either one that the festival gives people who've lost their 'pass out' or some kind of workers band.  They gave it back to the dodgy provider once they were in.

Every person who's shown in the video will be in trouble, along with the company they work for.  They're a big enough YouTuber that a video like this is guaranteed to go viral and be picked up by the festival and their security/stewarding contractors.  At the very least, the people will not be asked back to Glastonbury.  They could also lose any regular work they have with that contractor.

This is absolutely in keeping with their YouTube channel - they just shove cameras in people's faces and post embarrassing/compromising videos of them without their permission.  In this case, the footage of the security, stewards and 'travellers' was clearly done surreptitiously because they'd never have let themselves be filmed doing this stuff knowingly.  Absolute vermin.

These threads are great to share with the Gates Team 

16 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

That's been mentioned on here before. Something along the lines of Michael actually liking the rebellious spirit of it

Yep,.and his inspiration for putting on the first Glastonbury was him going to the Bath Jazz and Blues Festival where he............jumped the fence

Reminds me of a Coachella sneak in video where some dude had fake bands and thought it was gonna go off without a hitch. He didnt forsee that the festival had added an extra scan point even before you got to the arena gate if you had driven in. So the guy fumbled about til he got some crew wristbands and got in without issue. 

So, lets ask this question. If Taylor Swift played, how much worse would this be. Cause you know there would potentially be people willing to throw thousands for that experience and others that would just try to jump the fence or do whatever.

are they going to let this sh*t happen for one more year and then fix it all during the fallow? I wish a major newspaper would drag the festival for not giving a tods. It stems towards the crowding ossues anyway.

51 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Reminds me of a Coachella sneak in video where some dude had fake bands and thought it was gonna go off without a hitch. He didnt forsee that the festival had added an extra scan point even before you got to the arena gate if you had driven in. So the guy fumbled about til he got some crew wristbands and got in without issue. 

So, lets ask this question. If Taylor Swift played, how much worse would this be. Cause you know there would potentially be people willing to throw thousands for that experience and others that would just try to jump the fence or do whatever.

are they going to let this sh*t happen for one more year and then fix it all during the fallow? I wish a major newspaper would drag the festival for not giving a tods. It stems towards the crowding ossues anyway.

I'm not sure a Taylor Swift crowd would really be the crowd to cause a mass rush in in to the festival, especially given she's just done a tour and the really desperate ones will have found a way in there somehow. An oasis reunion on the other hand...

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Are they going to let this sh*t happen for one more year and then fix it all during the fallow? I wish a major newspaper would drag the festival for not giving a tods. It stems towards the crowding ossues anyway.

oh you’d like that would you? And if Glasto licence is refused then what? Coachella would be king forever more? 😳😂😂

Edited by stuie

47 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Ah yes, I remember him 

C3CCrMAXEAAqz1r.jpg.e108547cc71135ed72416ebcbdaf6f15.jpg

Edit: ah, sorry, you said fake "bands"

If we’re bringing fake hands into discussion, then I can’t allow this man to go unrecognised.

IMG_2646.jpeg

• Like 1

Based on people I met and stories I've heard, a pretty large proportion of people there had broken in. The festival are obviously aware of this, but I wonder how it factors into their crowd management plans. Increasingly every year sets are oversubscribed, and I wonder of they estimate attendance to sets based on 210,000 total capacity, when in actual fact there is probably more like 230,000+ (possibly way more)

• Upvote 1

The odd one, sure, but are they really OK with up to (say) 30,000 extra people being onsite - in what's a clear breach of the license.

If so it's not clear from the OP video which makes it look like an absolute ball-ache to get in without a ticket.