2025 Ticket Sales

Syuile

Morning all, does anyone have an idea of when the ticket sale would be this October/November? I’m a shift worker with limited weekends off, trying to book a weekend away but I don’t want it to clash with ticket sale day, I don’t want to try getting tickets over dodgy hotel wifi! Thanks all 

Just now, Crazyfool01 said:

Did we ever work out why they moved to nov sale ? Second year of that this year wasn’t it ? So I’d say that should continue 

First time was because Liz Truss tanked the economy (simplifying there, but basically correct) and they were scrambling to re-budget everything.

Second time presumably because it's what they did the previous year.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, incident said:

First time was because Liz Truss tanked the economy (simplifying there, but basically correct) and they were scrambling to re-budget everything.

Second time presumably because it's what they did the previous year.

So no reason really to change back … that money gathers interest in see coffers doesn’t it ? They’d have changed back 1 year earlier if the financials were impacted in terms of interest gathering 

Just now, Crazyfool01 said:

So no reason really to change back … that money gathers interest in see coffers doesn’t it ? They’d have changed back 1 year earlier if the financials were impacted in terms of interest gathering 

No idea about interest. The money is reportedly held in escrow, and released to the festival much later, but presumably only See, GFL, and the relevant bank will know the specifics of that.

Either way, if they wanted to maximise interest then they could take a much higher deposit (or even the whole amount up front).

1 hour ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Just gives an extra month for planning - negotiating better prices maybe?

2 minutes ago, bexj said:

Back in the good old days!

image.png.2fd11f4aaf17fc0881c8f987b4c798e3.png

I can’t remember if it was 2003 or 2004, but the sale started at 7pm I think, and it was after midnight before I eventually got on! My PC crashed several times, the internet connection was tragic, and I didn’t really get anywhere for several hours. Those were the days!

5 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Did we ever work out why they moved to nov sale ? Second year of that this year wasn’t it ? So I’d say that should continue 

Didn't they say it was because people's regs got cancelled without prior warning, so gave everyone chance to re-register?

4 minutes ago, Walter Sobchak said:

Didn't they say it was because people's regs got cancelled without prior warning, so gave everyone chance to re-register?

That was November 2023, and they pushed it back from the first weekend in November, to the 3rd. The decision to go in November instead of October had already been taken.

55 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

I can’t remember if it was 2003 or 2004, but the sale started at 7pm I think, and it was after midnight before I eventually got on! My PC crashed several times, the internet connection was tragic, and I didn’t really get anywhere for several hours. Those were the days!

The good old days 😂😂😂when tickets sales were the best ever 

21 hours ago, Syuile said:

Morning all, does anyone have an idea of when the ticket sale would be this October/November? I’m a shift worker with limited weekends off, trying to book a weekend away but I don’t want it to clash with ticket sale day, I don’t want to try getting tickets over dodgy hotel wifi! Thanks all 

For all the people who question how the same people get tickets most years, then ask “can you try for me?” because “is it today?, I didn’t realise, I can’t get online because I have to [insert unimportant task] today.”

👆This post is step 1. Good luck Syuile! I hope your planning pays off and you get a ticket for 2025. 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

The good old days 😂😂😂when tickets sales were the best ever 

That was 2008 and 2009 in the post super fence era.

In 1999 I was with a mate in the centre of Oxford who walked into HMV and casually bought his ticket over the counter for cash!

20 hours ago, gooner1990 said:

That was 2008 and 2009 in the post super fence era.

In 1999 I was with a mate in the centre of Oxford who walked into HMV and casually bought his ticket over the counter for cash!

Then followed a few years of repeatedly dialling a phone number until you got through.  F5 meant nothing then! 

2 hours ago, bexj said:

Then followed a few years of repeatedly dialling a phone number until you got through.  F5 meant nothing then! 

I used to have that when trying to book Arsenal tickets (for every game I might add 😄 ) until finally in 2003 they implemented an online booking system!

3 hours ago, bexj said:

We used to get a phone call from See. Had a contact there that phoned us to take our order-backdoors have always existed 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, tarw said:

We used to get a phone call from See. Had a contact there that phoned us to take our order-backdoors have always existed 

A mate (I didn't know him back then) used to have the same. Don't think he's been since about 2003 though. We were talking about it the other day and he was shocked to learn it was no longer done over the phone. He's only 50 but I regularly compare him to my 78 year old mum when it comes to technology.

22 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Got the heebie-jeebies about this already

Same. My luck has to run out at some point. This year was the first time we didn't get everyone in the group in, LOADS of us trying for 2 in the final resale and we didn't get close. 

On 7/9/2024 at 9:17 AM, Syuile said:

Same. My October requests open next week. Asked for it off last year only for it to be put back coz of the registrations issue to a week when I was working. Did manage a swap but it's such a faff...just tell us Emily!