Coach Breakdown

Danny T

Our coach broke down on the way back from the festival this year, and we got back 5 hours later than planned, after an already chaotic time with the coaches nearly 2 hours late to arrive to pick us all up. Is there anyone you can speak to on this? Heard a few people on here have had refunds for their travel in the past. Wishful thinking though!

34 minutes ago, Danny T said:

Our coach broke down on the way back from the festival this year, and we got back 5 hours later than planned, after an already chaotic time with the coaches nearly 2 hours late to arrive to pick us all up. Is there anyone you can speak to on this? Heard a few people on here have had refunds for their travel in the past. Wishful thinking though!

Contact see tickets, assuming it was a coach ticket package. They were the first point of sale.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Danny T said:

Ours broke down on the way to the festival a couple years ago (which I would argue is worse than on way back as you're actually missing some of the festival you've paid for then), emailed See Tickets and they didn't give a sh*t, got a generic response back a couple months after sending the email saying something like 'these things happen blah blah blah'

Ours broke down 2 minutes after leaving bath, was meant to be leaving at 9.45am, we got into the festival for about 6.30pm. Sat in a park in Bath for about 6 hours, Seetickets text us saying replacement coach on the way for 12pm and never turned up. Zero communication from Seetickets, not able to speak to anyone, absolute farce.

17 minutes ago, Drfoxxx said:

Ours broke down 2 minutes after leaving bath, was meant to be leaving at 9.45am, we got into the festival for about 6.30pm. Sat in a park in Bath for about 6 hours, Seetickets text us saying replacement coach on the way for 12pm and never turned up. Zero communication from Seetickets, not able to speak to anyone, absolute farce.

Did they at least give you your ticket so you could make your own way to the festival?

2 hours ago, tigger123 said:

Ours broke down on the way to the festival a couple years ago (which I would argue is worse than on way back as you're actually missing some of the festival you've paid for then), emailed See Tickets and they didn't give a sh*t, got a generic response back a couple months after sending the email saying something like 'these things happen blah blah blah'

forget which year it was - but was this on the 1am coach out of Victoria?

we were on a coach that was a joke from the start - 1) the toilet was broken and stank for the whole journey 2) the driver got lost 3) the coach broke down and we spent hours at Amesbury services...

cant remember if we ever managed to get any sort of refund or anything tho...

edit - just realised you are talking about See coaches so this would of course not be the same one.

Edited by -TLR-
not reading comment properly...

17 minutes ago, Johnnyseven said:

Did they at least give you your ticket so you could make your own way to the festival?

Yes, but received a text at 11am saying it'll be with you around 12pm. Then we were told there were major delays getting into the festival on the one lane - so 6 of us with all our gear, probably would have required 3 taxis - and at what cost we didn't know.

More annoyed with Seetickets lack of communication avenues than anything else, felt sorry for the coach driver. There should really be a phone line/ chat for the amount of money (I'm guessing) that they're making from selling 190k glastonbury tickets. 

Edited by Drfoxxx
  • Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Drfoxxx said:

There should really be a phone line/ chat for the amount of money (I'm guessing) that they're making from selling 190k glastonbury tickets. 

Pretty sure the fee they charge for this is less than is charged for comparable events and given the massive quantity of potential queries and issues getting all those folks to the farm it's quite difficult for them to predict or cater for, even just based on the breadth of issues in these threads.  Presumably all they could say is "we're doing what we can to re-arrange transport". 

14 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

One of the reasons we tend to pay for holidays and travel by credit not debit card. You get some protection using the credit card. In the last resort it’s worth contacting them as the contract was not fulfilled. 

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/section75-protect-your-purchases/

19 minutes ago, clarkete said:

Pretty sure the fee they charge for this is less than is charged for comparable events and given the massive quantity of potential queries and issues getting all those folks to the farm it's quite difficult for them to predict or cater for, even just based on the breadth of issues in these threads.  Presumably all they could say is "we're doing what we can to re-arrange transport". 

There's not 190,000 coach tickets though is there? I don't know if you know the correct amount, I'd hazard a guess at 25,000? For me the main issue above the delay as this couldn't be helped is the lack of communication with Seetickets. 

11 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

That’s it. A few retailers add a small % to your cost if you opt to pay for a service by Credit card,though that can be for reasons other than section 75.

I believe but I could be wrong that companies now aren't allowed to charge you more if you pay by credit card as opposed to debit.  I certainly remember it changing for Ryanair. 

On 7/9/2024 at 1:06 PM, Danny T said:

Reckon this ain't going to fly, unfortunately. sh*t that it happened, but generally things like this are not causes for liability. Travel insurance may help if you missed a connection, but otherwise... Absorb.

Edited by Superscally

On 7/9/2024 at 12:06 PM, Danny T said:

I would suspect that the terms and conditions stitch you up like a kipper. It's an arduous task but you'd have to look at those T & C's in order to establish breach of contract. If it doesn't allow it, then you would have no claim to compensation etc*

* - That is if the T & C's are compliant with the UK law.

See how difficult it would be? It's like @Superscallysays - .'Absorb'.