Volunteering 2025

Chazwozza

This thread is meant to bring together useful info from last year’s ’Volunteering 2024’ thread and update it to reflect changes for 2025.

So to start with here’s a link to the excellent spreadsheet of the various volunteering options that@Leyrulion put together:  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JAcEC1skr5YsqgyIYUwy6_1HSRh0Fw_Ud0RkQaQIPkM/edit?usp=drivesdk  

• Like 2

Thanks @Chazwozza

A quick post from me about next year!  With the fallow year confirmed as 2026, Glasto tickets and Oxfam Festivals volunteering spaces will be like gold dust next year (2025).   If you've only done Glasto this season, it's seriously worth giving some consideration to doing a second festival so that you secure a priority space and pretty much guarantee your spot at Glasto 2025.

Spaces available at: 

2000 Trees

Latitude

WOMAD

Wilderness

Boardmasters 

Boomtown 
ArcTangent

Currently full: 

Beautiful Days

Leeds

Reading 

Shambala

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, stuie said:

Thanks @Chazwozza

A quick post from me about next year!  With the fallow year confirmed as 2026, Glasto tickets and Oxfam Festivals volunteering spaces will be like gold dust next year (2025).   If you've only done Glasto this season, it's seriously worth giving some consideration to doing a second festival so that you secure a priority space and pretty much guarantee your spot at Glasto 2025.

Spaces available at: 

2000 Trees

Latitude

WOMAD

Wilderness

Boardmasters 

Boomtown 
ArcTangent

Currently full: 

Beautiful Days

Leeds

Reading 

Shambala

This is what we're doing. We both got lucky in the May release of spots, and immediately added Reading to give us the priority for next year, and we intend on doing two each summer (when there's a Glastonbury the next year) to make sure, though the ticket sale is our first choice. 

We may use the fallow year to get to our 7 in 7 years and top that up, if that's still a qualifying criteria by that point.

To add something actually useful, if you want one of those that's currently full then if you make use of the Distill page tracker, you have a good chance of getting in, or at least better than if you just keep checking. We used it for our Reading spot and quite a few came up over a few days.

Edited by efcfanwirral

3 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

This is what we're doing. We both got lucky in the May release of spots, and immediately added Reading to give us the priority for next year, and we intend on doing two each summer (when there's a Glastonbury the next year) to make sure, though the ticket sale is our first choice. 

We may use the fallow year to get to our 7 in 7 years and top that up, if that's still a qualifying criteria by that point.

To add something actually useful, if you want one of those that's currently full then if you make use of the Distill page tracker, you have a good chance of getting in. We used it for our Reading spot. 

This is a good point and something for people to be aware of. The criteria for Priority for Oxfam do sometimes change so it's worth making sure you're aware of what it is. Although I don't see the most common one, 2 festivals the year before, changing anytime soon as it seems to work quite well for them. Unless it gets to a point where there's a risk of Priority stewards filling Glastonbury. I don't think that'll happen, but you never know. 

14 minutes ago, philipsteak said:

This is a good point and something for people to be aware of. The criteria for Priority for Oxfam do sometimes change so it's worth making sure you're aware of what it is. Although I don't see the most common one, 2 festivals the year before, changing anytime soon as it seems to work quite well for them. Unless it gets to a point where there's a risk of Priority stewards filling Glastonbury. I don't think that'll happen, but you never know. 

You'd assume that the first change would be to separate out Glastonbury priority and make it so that you had to volunteer at that particular festival the previous year to get "super priority" or something, then let the rest of the priority fight it out over the remaining spots. Even then I can't imagine it'd get too over subscribed as there are still downsides, and there will always be people who get tickets the normal way. And that's before life circumstances leading to cancellations or people just not wanting to go each year

Edited by efcfanwirral

14 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

You'd assume that the first change would be to separate out Glastonbury priority and make it so that you had to volunteer at that particular festival the previous year to get "super priority" or something, then let the rest of the priority fight it out over the remaining spots. Even then I can't imagine it'd get too over subscribed as there are still downsides, and there will always be people who get tickets the normal way

They make good use of Glasto's popularity to fill other less popular festivals, so I think that will stay. 

Probably get rid of the supervisors 1 festival per year perk first! 

• Upvote 1

Well the good news is that I won’t be using my priority place!

I will have priority for doing Wilderness and Shambala this year but will hopefully be volunteering in a different role at Glastonbury again so will not be using it 

Oxfam Shambala spaces for this year's festival came up again this morning if anyone is looking to add a second festival to gain priority. Can't see if it's sold out again, but worth keeping an eye on as the cancellation date is coming up for those already registered so might be more slots due to come up. 

1 hour ago, stuie said:

They make good use of Glasto's popularity to fill other less popular festivals, so I think that will stay. 

Probably get rid of the supervisors 1 festival per year perk first! 

They struggle for supervisors at some festivals too though. I think if anything the 7 in 7 will change and become more stringent. 

Or something like if you supervise you need to do 2 but if you don't then you need to do 3. That'd be harsh though. 

At the moment I think just over half the Glastonbury places go to priority and the rest to general so if it stays at that I doubt they'll change too much

4 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

Worth noting Oxfam priority is set for 2025 now so I'd be surprised if they changed it. It reads like they've already scrapped the supervisor rule, unless it's just not on the website. It used to be though. 

https://festivals.oxfam.org.uk/info/priority/

Hadn't noticed that. I'd say that means they've scrapped it. 

I'm only doing one this year as I had to drop out of Glastonbury but I'll qualify on the 7 since 2018 rule

18 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

Worth noting Oxfam priority is set for 2025 now so I'd be surprised if they changed it. It reads like they've already scrapped the supervisor rule, unless it's just not on the website. It used to be though. 

https://festivals.oxfam.org.uk/info/priority/

oh yeah! That was a bit crafty of them. I qualify under the ‘7 in 7’ and ‘2 this year rules’ anyway as I’ve just done Glasto and still have Wilderness and Beautiful Days to go 😀

23 hours ago, stuie said:

Thanks @Chazwozza

Spaces available at: 

2000 Trees

Latitude

WOMAD

Wilderness

Boardmasters 

Boomtown 
ArcTangent

Currently full: 

Beautiful Days

Leeds

Reading