Volunteering 2025

Chazwozza

48 minutes ago, giantkatestacks said:

Just as a note you normally need to be recommended by a current recycler - rules might change this year though as changes are afoot. 

Changes seem to be afoot in many areas of the festival.

It’s a changing of the guard.

A lot of it seems to be positive. I just hope that the festival doesn’t loose its identity with too much change too quickly 

• Upvote 1

Just now, efcfanwirral said:

Just to make sure it's worth my while, is this in relation to just accessibility or more general?

It started off as accessibility- Stone Circle’s dreadful experience. But quickly became a bit of a slanging match

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/17/2024 at 12:35 PM, agroovin said:

Hello fellow ♻️

I’ve sent a speculative email to critical waste regarding 2025 changes 

not had a reply yet

anyone on here got an ear to the ground/info

im early I know 😁

I sent an email and got a reply and you are right that they may be changing things.
They are probably quite oversubscribed if they do keep nominations from other member for the main festival.

They mentioned that the clear up after the festival might have more availability and be a good way for them to get to know you.

I also asked if I was lucky enough to get a ticket - if they accept help volunteers from the general ticket-goers to do a test shift, but it seems that wouldnt be encouraged as not insurable etc. I was quite keen to do this (to test if I could cope with the role too!) but it makes sense.

17 hours ago, mandana said:

I sent an email and got a reply and you are right that they may be changing things.
They are probably quite oversubscribed if they do keep nominations from other member for the main festival.

They mentioned that the clear up after the festival might have more availability and be a good way for them to get to know you.

I also asked if I was lucky enough to get a ticket - if they accept help volunteers from the general ticket-goers to do a test shift, but it seems that wouldnt be encouraged as not insurable etc. I was quite keen to do this (to test if I could cope with the role too!) but it makes sense.

Eek. Changes scare me. I'm always paranoid they're just going to randomly turn round to me and say "actually, we don't want you back this time". Not that they'd have any reason to say that, but it still scares me.

On 9/3/2024 at 7:55 AM, CharlotteB said:

I know the Recycling Crew usually start taking new names in December/January time, but like previously said, competition might be tough for a first timer. But (if you're flexible and can move fast) sometimes people drop out and you could get called up out of the blue last minute. I net a few people who that happened to.

you also need to be recommended by a current recycle crew volunteer

• Upvote 1