Spread The love

shuttlep

I have seen a few Topics about complaints about people in general. Chatting and Drink and so on.

this is about what happened to you at the festival that helped restore your faith in humanity.

did anyone do anything  that made you smile and day better.

mine were just random hugs from other raves as i danced my ass off at arcadia. so many hugs from strangers , high fives big smiles.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, A Particular Grey Chihuahu said:

Thanks to all the people who didn't turn up ten minutes into a set, physically shove past everyone, then just stand right in front of me, effectively pushing me out of my space 🍻 

Were you the large loud guy at Jungle?

Anyway, relatively little good vibes this year, only one incident of note.

Some kind folks replacing the pill I thought I’d dropped on the ground at Honey Dijon (I think)

Clearly it’s me, not you

because in marked contrast to my experience last year I found the vibe, while far from hostile (with a couple of exceptions), nowhere near as friendly, loving and fun 

• Upvote 1

For the first time in over thirty years was going ostensibly solo, which was mostly great, very occasionally slightly melancholic, but the thing which made it all good and gave a huge lift was the kindness from folks I had met in here.  Whether being at the meet, seeing them in the CV fields or tagging along for some sets - it made a big difference from doing the entire fest solo, which I think I'm too needy for, 😉

• Like 1

9 hours ago, A Particular Grey Chihuahu said:

Thanks to all the people who didn't turn up ten minutes into a set, physically shove past everyone, then just stand right in front of me, effectively pushing me out of my space 🍻 

There's always one 😂 you've got to let it go.

8 hours ago, Skip997 said:

Were you the large loud guy at Jungle?

Anyway, relatively little good vibes this year, only one incident of note.

Some kind folks replacing the pill I thought I’d dropped on the ground at Honey Dijon (I think)

So was the pill you thought you dropped still on your person, and you just got an extra one out of the situation?

The good people always outweigh the wronguns! Really don't understand getting so waspy at people going past in the crowd. Just let them go and move on. There will always be people behaving like this. Get over it or you have every right to dk the same and move on up. 

Personally, I thought 'the people' were all on top form this year! Loads of loveliness, loads of dancing all around, loads of sharing. Brilliant 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

The good people always outweigh the wronguns! Really don't understand getting so waspy at people going past in the crowd. Just let them go and move on. There will always be people behaving like this. Get over it or you have every right to dk the same and move on up. 

Personally, I thought 'the people' were all on top form this year! Loads of loveliness, loads of dancing all around, loads of sharing. Brilliant 

totally agree the only person who youll be frustrating is yourself if you worry about that 🙂 

Currently reading this book which talks a lot about how our brains are wired for negativity and that we tend to focus on negatives rather than positives and I think it's the only explanation for the festival I experienced and the stuff I've read online since I got back.

My experience was generally one of the most pleasant Glastonburys I've ever had. Lots of friendly, polite, respectful people. Was fortunate to spend some time with forum members, friends and complete randomers that I met in queues or whilst waiting at stages. Very few negative experiences at all.

One of the other things the book says is that over time our negativity fades and we see things in rose coloured glasses which might go some way to account for the 'everything was better back then and everything is sh*t right now' attitiude when generally data proves the opposite.

image.thumb.png.6748af8326475cf3265a101248904211.png

• Upvote 2

few little things spring to mind - had a lovely breakfast time conversation with some chap by the Hive on thursday morning, for reasons we were both up and about early and it was just a nice thing

the fella sharing his joint down the front at Dubkasm - nice one man.

i was trying to buy two beers in one of the bars - my card would'nt work contactless, and then it wouldn't work trying to use the PIN... in the end the lovely bar lady just said aaaahh no worries, here you go man - enjoy! and just gave them to me with a big smile. (wont say which bar - these days i woulnt be surprised if i got someone fired by mentioning this).

I thought it was a lovely crowd this year, everyone seemed polite and kind that  interacted with, didn’t see any agro or issues.. I loved enthusing with the crowd at the catwalk during and after Dua Lipa.. had a lovely dance in NYC Downlow for Francois K - everyone was super smiley and having little fun moments with each other.. the euphoria at Romy was infectious.. in fact the atmosphere at Coldplay was great to witness too.. even though I’m not a big fan of there’s it felt like a moment, the whole crowd singing along and sparkling.

• Upvote 1

I had lots of lovely little interactions with people- its a bit easier to do so before the festival cos its all workers and people are always comparing notes about who's volunteering in what area, but during the festival too i made much more of a concerted effort to not sit there between acts staring at a bloody phone, but instead live in the moment and absorb all the things around me. Which funnily enough led to many more little conversations with nice people! 

Another thing i tried to do was to look at the groups of people immediately around me if i was there for a full set - are they into it? are they chatting among themselves and not really watching or taking part in the crowd experience? If a big group of people are massively into the thing they're watching, that kind of enthusiasm is really infectious and it makes my experience better - so if im watching a set on my own i'll try and be near people who are also bang into it.

Which also means by proxy im avoiding annoying twats 😄 basically i'm not intent on staying in one spot, i'll move for the right vibes, twenty yards away can make for a much better experience. 

(i went to Paul McCartney a couple of years ago and to the right of me were a big group of absolutely lovely scousers, and to the left of me a pile of far more annoying people who werent particularly bothered by the music, asked why everyone was booing Bruce Springsteen, and kind of insisted on hugging me during Let it be even though i really, really didnt want to be hugged and in fact they can keep their bloody mitts to themselves ta. More of the former and less of the latter in crowds, please) 

Nice year, where I met some really friendly people. It is true that the people around you can relaly make a set. From setting up my caravan on my own, the neighbours offering a beer and chat, throughout the festival. 

At Coldplay my wife and I were stood next to a family of Glastonbury veterans from Darlington, from the youngest to oldest they were sound (probably post on here) they shared their glow up bands with us and other couples around us were bouncing. 

Met a retired Londoner, living in Spain at Fabric's 25th who we had a real laugh with. 

The whole 5 days people were good and I hope I returned the energy to people 😊

Honestly this year was just lovely.  Met and chatted to loads of people, everyone seemed happier and more chilled.  I can't think of a single moment where anyone was rude or annoying. And I don't know if we were lucky with our crowd positioning but for pretty much everyone we saw all the people around us were singing their hearts out and really enjoying it.  It made for a beautiful shared experience and I feel very lucky to have gone this year.  Even the weather gods were kind!