Spread The love

shuttlep

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Don't you mostly go to drum & bass sets?  That's where you'll get the most aggro crowds.  Only genuine tube we crossed paths with was some glowering ghoul at Nia Archives.

Went to a fair few. Wasn’t really aggro, except one incident (can’t remember where) when a group of lads kept leaning on me. I pushed back and “told them off”. They did apologise.

As I say not aggro, just nowhere near as friendly, chatty or lovely as last year. Didn’t make any good connections with strangers 

The security guy who turned my festival around.

Long story short (wait, it's me, I'll try).

After an already over traumatic few days I'd pretty much written off the rest of my festival after Coldplay finished. Another shift on Sunday 11-7 to do. The way I saw it, it was back to camp after that, a trip to the car and back which I reckoned would take at least two hours, given that it was dragging a trolley pretty much all uphill from just beyond Gate C to Gate B, and then to the purple car parks beyond the ice cream van and then left and up that bloody hill*. There was no way I was going to get out if I tried to do two trips on the Monday morning after a Sunday night out at Glastonbury. Thought I'd be going straight to bed after that given the lack of sleep all festival.

Sure enough I struggled. Took me about an hour to get to gate B. I was counting my steps. Fifty at a time and I was knackered and had to stop for breath. probably spent more time resting than dragging.

Took me about an hour to get to gate B. It was then said security guy (who I think was policing entry into the Oxfam camp) noticed me struggling and offered to help, took my trolley and dragged it to the car park for me. He was fast. I struggled to keep up with him even without the trolley.

Rescued my festival. I was back at camp by nine and made Leftfield only missing a bit of Bob Vylan. Went on to have one of my most memorable Sundays ever. Honestly felt blessed. Like my reward for a rather trying week .

God is not a DJ. He's a security guard.

* The new Hill Of Death. It used to be from Gate C the campervans. Then it was the Worthy View hill. Now it's that bloody hill to the uppermost purple car parks dragging a loaded f**king trolley. 

• Like 8
  • Upvote 5

Same from me, everyone was great.  I always say that every glastonbury has a slightly different flavour depending on the makeup of the crowd and this year was one of the great ones for that (up there with 99,10 and 16 for how positive, friendly and up for it people were).  

• Upvote 1

It’s a strange one.

I found last years crowd a 100% more friendly than this years and I had loads more chats and meaningful interactions.

The posts on here suggest it was me that was the “problem”

1 minute ago, Skip997 said:

It’s a strange one.

I found last years crowd a 100% more friendly than this years and I had loads more chats and meaningful interactions.

Or you were just unlucky

It was my first time back for a while and I was solo, although knew a few people crewing here and there.

One of my top moments was randomly bumping into an old friend in Rimski's yard on Friday night and having a blast with her and her mate for the next few of hours around the circus fields.

Chatting to a lovely couple as they got some respite in the woods with their baby. 

Thinking during Cirque de Vulgar that a friend I knew on site would love it then stumbling across her as I moved to get a better spot.

Dancing to a mate DJ in the Spike Bar next to a couple who were just SO into each other. It was beautiful to watch. I told them so and got lovely hugs.

I know there were more but the Burrow Hill and weed have made things hazy. 

2 hours ago, Skip997 said:

Nah mate, just the way it goes some times.  I seriously doubt, from your posts, that you would be any kind of problem at all.

With a couple of hundred thousand people, most of us off our noodles in one way or another, there is an element of randomness in your interactions that makes it all pure chance.  I was lucky this year, surrounded by good people, but that's not to say there wasn't the occasional d*ck...I just choose to not dwell on them and instead have a bit of a smile at the memory of the best times.

• Like 1