efestivals (& other) reviews

kerplunk

Other room for improvement: the soundbleed between the 2 Glade stage areas is as irritating as ever, walking the path between them is like being in one of the 7 circles of audio hell.  Similarly irritating is the lack of co-ordination between Park stage and Stonebridge bar. Why can't the bar tone it down during the stage sets? 

Agree with the above from Katharina's review.  

9 hours ago, Watergirl said:

Rather than starting another thread, I'll put a link for my own review here...

https://www.therockclubuk.com/festival-reviews/3548-glastonbury-festival-worthy-farm-pilton-somerset-26-30-june-2024

Thanks for that, Watergirl, and here is another review, from a forum regular with a very different perspective (and he apparently frequents the Glade stages a lot, but that soundbleed doesn't seem to bother him at all!).  I like reading other people's reviews, with an event that size you're likely to get really different angles, which is interesting. Perhaps we could collect some links here. 

Your reference to the Half Moon in Putney brought back all sort of memories for me.... 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Great Review thanks Katherina .... have forgotten username so apologies for non tag 

Hi! Don't blame you, these days I read the forums occasionally, but can rarely find the time to contribute. 

Katharina x

• Like 1

https://www.efestivals.co.uk/festivals/glastonbury/2024/smallstagesreview.shtml

Great, here's yet another one, with a welcome focus on the smaller stages. Couldn't agree more on the beauty of the new Tree stage (there's a lovely picture of it right at the start of this review), and on the Egg deserving higher billing - I remember them playing the Glade a few year ago? 

• Upvote 1

• kerplunk changed the title to efestivals (& other) reviews

https://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/topic/189518-electronicadance/page/764/#comments

And another good review of the dance side of the festival, I could never do it justice. (If I was into techno I would have stayed in Berlin), and YES!, Benny, Psytrance, the one dance genre I can relate to quite well is mostly absent. Booh.)