Best Cover at Glastonbury 2024

gigpusher

5 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

I agree. And she name-dropped continuously, seemed a tad unnecessary. 

Aw I thought her set was lovely and she was going through her career and talking about the people who helped her which I thought was really sweet.

8 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Aw I thought her set was lovely and she was going through her career and talking about the people who helped her which I thought was really sweet.

She was sweet! I’m glad I saw her again, I admire her. Her longevity is amazing. 

13 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

She was sweet! I’m glad I saw her again, I admire her. Her longevity is amazing. 

Probably my surprise act of the weekend I only went to see her because it fit in nicely with 2 other acts I wanted to see and I was blown away. Even got a couple of tears from me. I think she'd have been a great legend slot. I knew so much more than I thought I did.

28 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Probably my surprise act of the weekend I only went to see her because it fit in nicely with 2 other acts I wanted to see and I was blown away. Even got a couple of tears from me. I think she'd have been a great legend slot. I knew so much more than I thought I did.

She told a moving story about the BeeGees last time she played the Avalon. She was in the studio with her then husband Maurice Gibb, and Robin, and they’re trying to work out a new song but can’t figure it out. Then Barry arrives late, as soon as he walked in he started singing lyrics to the song without any preparation. It became a number 1 hit. She said they had an amazing telepathy. 

22 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

She opened with it, great start to the gig

IMG_1462.thumb.jpeg.a7a96ce4034076f2c024f148bfdfc78c.jpeg

Sadly with Glastonbury we can't be everywhere so we have to make our peace with our decisions. As it was I only got to see half of Romy to get to Bob Vylan in time and both of those were great as well.

5 minutes ago, StoneCircle said:

I was hoping Mark Knopfler was going to join the party! 😂

It would be my absolute dream to see Knopfler at Glastonbury, one I seem to share with Michael Eavis'!

In one interview, you said there were 30 acts in the world that could pull a crowd of 60,000 or more and only two of them hadn’t played at Glastonbury…

Only one now!

Who is that?

Fleetwood Mac.

I’d like to get Mark Knopfler to play, obviously, but he doesn’t like playing to big crowds.

https://highprofiles.info/interview/michael-eavis/

Unfortunately I think he's retired from touring now.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, HotChipWillBreakYourLegs said:

It would be my absolute dream to see Knopfler at Glastonbury, one I seem to share with Michael Eavis'!

In one interview, you said there were 30 acts in the world that could pull a crowd of 60,000 or more and only two of them hadn’t played at Glastonbury…

Only one now!

Who is that?

Fleetwood Mac.

I’d like to get Mark Knopfler to play, obviously, but he doesn’t like playing to big crowds.

Here's a clip for you! 😀

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, HotChipWillBreakYourLegs said:

Only one now!

Who is that?

Fleetwood Mac.

That’s a shame, really enjoying his current album One Deep River