Nice surprises this year?

wozwebs

28 minutes ago, Robo97 said:

Caught the last 45 mins of The Feeling at Avalon, they were great and a nice touch also bringing out Sophie Elis Baxter to finish!

We saw the whole set as I looked at the lineup for that night about 2 hours before and saw they were on, but otherwise almost exactly the same as I was about to post til I scrolled to your post! 

I saw them back at V 06 and 08 and thought they were brilliant live, and was happy to see they were playing, thankfully at the last minute. Every bit as good as I remembered, great atmosphere in that tent and a perfect way to end the festival 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 7/11/2024 at 7:09 PM, Skip997 said:

DIY on Genosys (sp) in the early hours of Monday morning

Proper house

This....the DIY takeover tunes were immense...including the Tim Green mix of "Two Months Off" by Underworld just what I needed to round the weekend off.

• Like 1

We had a gap on the other stage and didnt want to hang around for Avril (as expected it to be rammed) had a tip off to see the Lottery Winners (Leftfield).  Wow they really got the crowd whipped up and had some great tunes.  Lead singer was quality and so funny.  One of the highlights of the weekend. 

• Like 1

Afriquoi  on Croissaint Neuf on Thursday were absolutely brilliant. The tent was rammed and it was an oven in there but the the vibe was incredible. We were then having a great time in SEC on Fri night and were at the Peace stage at 3.30 and low and behold on they walked again! My whole group went crazy and they were brilliant again! 

14 minutes ago, Ben7amin_ said:

Old time sailors, I actually saw them on Playform 23 stage in Shangri La on the Tuesday - absolutely incredible 

Saw them in the Bread and Roses on Saturday? night. Bloody brilliant 

36 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Are they all American (or Canadian)?  We spoke to a couple that were, but surely not the whole lot of them?

Old time Sailors -  They are based in Bristol is all i know  - no idea the nationality of individuals  though I assume mostly British 

Edited by Ben7amin_

On 7/31/2024 at 9:20 AM, Monty Pythagoras said:

We saw their first two shows and genuinely considered seeing every single one 😆

Yeah they were incredible - I think I saw them 3 times before the Public gates even  opened - fair play to them aswell as Tuesday was hot as f - and those costumes did not look comftable in the heat but they went for it 

Loved this aspect of Glastonbury and we stumbled on a few great little sets that in some ways were the highlight of the 5 days. 

As mentioned, Old Time Sailors are great craic - we came out of Platform 23 in Shangri-la on the Weds evening and they happened to be doing a set at Nowhere next door, my wife loved em.

We also enjoyed both the Frank Harvey Trio and Thrill Collins at 10 Aces after we were drawn in by the former walking past Glastonbury On Sea.

Imperial Wax (ex members of the Fall) were terrific at Strummerville and followed by Chimer and Sleaze which made for a nice evening. 

Prob my favourite though of the smaller bands doing the rounds are the New York Brass Band - get a great atmosphere going (we saw them in Bread and Roses).

Again as has been mentioned, I thought they'd be good but Kneecap were even better than I imagined live. Great humour and the Sat morning Woodsies set was one of my highlights. 

On 8/2/2024 at 9:00 AM, Pinhead said:

Mad Dog McCrea on CNeuf were sound as usual

In enjoyed them after Idles, the tent was a nice reprieve from the freezing cold that night! But I felt that they didn’t play any of their biggest tunes? Unless I was too spangled to remember there was pretty much nothing off Sophisticated Hat Manoeuvres? 

On 8/2/2024 at 10:38 PM, Mark H said:

In enjoyed them after Idles, the tent was a nice reprieve from the freezing cold that night! But I felt that they didn’t play any of their biggest tunes? Unless I was too spangled to remember there was pretty much nothing off Sophisticated Hat Manoeuvres? 

Am I Drinking Enough and Happy Bus were certainly present.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/31/2024 at 9:20 AM, Monty Pythagoras said:

We saw their first two shows and genuinely considered seeing every single one 😆

🤣 Why not? 

They are super cool 😎