Red Hot Chilli Pipers

CR77

Went along to see Red Hot Chilli Pipers at Acoustic Stage... got there as they were about to start and was surprised to see the tent absolutely rammed.   Having not really heard of them, I joked to myself that maybe people thought they were the actual Peppers!   Fast-forward a few hours and I'm in the Avalon Tent waiting for Lulu... got chatting to the lovely lady next to me who'd also seen and enjoyed RHCP... but admitted to me that she'd thought it was going to be the Peppers - LOL!

Anyone else know of anyone who made this mistake?!

• Upvote 1

I didn't make that exact mistake as I wasn't at the festival, but as a very spaced out student in 2003, I went to my uni arts centre to watch what I thought was a cover band of Steely Dan.

Turned out, Steeleye Span were just an original folk band. They were okay I guess, but gutted not to hear any covers of Reelin' in the Years etc.

Edited by MEGATRONICMEATWAGON

12 hours ago, CR77 said:

Went along to see Red Hot Chilli Pipers at Acoustic Stage... got there as they were about to start and was surprised to see the tent absolutely rammed.   Having not really heard of them, I joked to myself that maybe people thought they were the actual Peppers!   Fast-forward a few hours and I'm in the Avalon Tent waiting for Lulu... got chatting to the lovely lady next to me who'd also seen and enjoyed RHCP... but admitted to me that she'd thought it was going to be the Peppers - LOL!

Anyone else know of anyone who made this mistake?!

Wow, wonder how many people were naive enough to think that! 

52 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

I didn't make that exact mistake as I wasn't at the festival, but as a very spaced out student in 2003, I went to my uni arts centre to watch what I thought was a cover band of Steely Dan.

Turned out, Steeleye Span were just an original folk band. They were okay I guess, but gutted not to hear any covers of Reelin' in the Years etc.

Steeleye Span are legends though! I've seen them at Glasto a few times.😊

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, CharlotteB said:
1 hour ago, CharlotteB said:

Wow, wonder how many people were naive enough to think that! 

I patted myself on the back when I actually recognised one of their songs, lol. All Around My Hat, good song!

• Upvote 1

My mum once admitted to me she nearly bought me tickets to the Pipers thinking it was the Peppers for a birthday around 13 years ago. That would’ve been a very awkward birthday meal following the fallout if she’d got them

I heard they were good, others wanted to go see them, so went along. I expected them to be a cover band, perhaps playing RHCP songs on pipes... They were indeed good, all the better for the decent mix of music they played. 

On 7/14/2024 at 6:22 AM, Alvoram said:

I heard they were good, others wanted to go see them, so went along. I expected them to be a cover band, perhaps playing RHCP songs on pipes... They were indeed good, all the better for the decent mix of music they played. 

Hadn’t planned on seeing them, but was there for Josh Rouse before them. Then went outside for a couple of ales at the Cockmill and before you know it, I’d caught not only the chilli pipers but Stornaway as well! Typical Glasto afternoon then! 😁

Edited by Toilet Duck
Typo!
  • Like 1