2000 Trees 2025

With regard to Biffy, the talk on the podcast recently was that Simon was reasonably keen but the management wouldn't let them as it would devalue them for the bigger festivals. However, the way around it might be to do something a bit different, such as an old school 'first three albums' set. I could see that happening, and Simon clearly likes doing whatever takes his fancy (e.g. ESB).

2 hours ago, Mcbatesman said:

Not complaining but why do they randomly have bands like the Amazons, crawlers and yard act (theoretical) playing?

Amazons played in 2022 and also did an acoustic set in the Forest. Crawlers played this year. I'd watch the sh*t out of a Yard Act set

3 hours ago, Mamba said:

With regard to Biffy, the talk on the podcast recently was that Simon was reasonably keen but the management wouldn't let them as it would devalue them for the bigger festivals. However, the way around it might be to do something a bit different, such as an old school 'first three albums' set. I could see that happening, and Simon clearly likes doing whatever takes his fancy (e.g. ESB).

I think that would be a fantastic booking. 
Maybe they could pull it off, just keep to the first three albums (and maaaaaybe an encore of three or four big hits).

1 hour ago, therefused said:

I don’t get what’s strange about those bookings? That’s trees for you 

Just seems strange to have an few odd more indie orientated bands in there to me,

It would be liked knocked loose being at a folk festival lol

5 hours ago, Mcbatesman said:

Not complaining but why do they randomly have bands like the Amazons, crawlers and yard act (theoretical) playing?

If you don't like them getting booked, I assume Bears in Trees this year upset your sensabilities ☺️

9 hours ago, Dales said:

If you don't like them getting booked, I assume Bears in Trees this year upset your sensabilities ☺️

I never said I don't like them getting booked, hence starting the sentence with "not complaining" 🤣 yard act are one of my favourite new bands and was one of the best bands I saw at Glastonbury.

I just wanted to know if there was any reason they sprinkle a few bands like that into the line up thats all.

Which I never sodding opened my mouth now

25 minutes ago, Mcbatesman said:

I never said I don't like them getting booked, hence starting the sentence with "not complaining" 🤣 yard act are one of my favourite new bands and was one of the best bands I saw at Glastonbury.

I just wanted to know if there was any reason they sprinkle a few bands like that into the line up thats all.

From 2000Trees wikipedia article.

"The festival focuses on rock and indie music"

1 hour ago, Mcbatesman said:

I was not having a go and it’s an interesting point you made. I just assumed that they always had a few indie bands and that either it was policy or they just picked from who was available and cost effective.

it might just be clever booking to include a few alternatives to those going who might be partners, friends and family to someone who dragged them to trees because they like the more expected sound.

3 minutes ago, Mcbatesman said:

I mean Wikipedia isn't exactly a easily user editable source is it lol

Well shucks, maybe they just want to vary the line up a little to appeal to the majority.

It's an interesting thought RE Indie bands. On the podcast recently James, booker for Trees, stated "any band that's been in Kerrang or played on the radio 1 rock show is suitable for Trees" when describing who he'd consider booking. I'm not sure The Amazons or Crawlers fit that mould.

I always assumed those "indie" bands that ended up playing were there because they were on the Truck, Ynot.etc circuit that runs throughout July.

Amazons packed out the tent when they played so it certainly wasn't an unpopular booking.

26 minutes ago, huntyyy said:

It's an interesting thought RE Indie bands. On the podcast recently James, booker for Trees, stated "any band that's been in Kerrang or played on the radio 1 rock show is suitable for Trees" when describing who he'd consider booking. I'm not sure The Amazons or Crawlers fit that mould.

Crawlers have played Download, so they must have thought they were rock. In my mind had them pigeon holed along with Creeper, Pale Waves in that sort of Light Pop Goth Rock category that I rather like.

I don’t think Crawlers or Amazons stand out as Non-Trees bands. Although. It was my first Trees and so not as knowledgable about  what sound to expect as others. I don’t really see booking Crawlers as any different to booking Creeper but that could just be me as I like both and genre wise stick them together.

Trees has a whole stage that in the past was just acoustic, and is 50% acoustic now. It’s an alternative festival, whether that be rock, indie, metal, punk but those bands fit the bill. There is definitely a crossover between bands like amazons and twin Atlantic, idles and yard act 

1 hour ago, huntyyy said:

I always assumed those "indie" bands that ended up playing were there because they were on the Truck, Ynot.etc circuit that runs throughout July.

Amazons packed out the tent when they played so it certainly wasn't an unpopular booking.

Thank you! This is all I was looking for lol