2000 Trees 2025

It'd be cool to see AFI get a slot.  Think Billy Talent and Feeder would be good shouts too. I'd also personally like to see some of Sincere Engineer, Buggin, Pinkshift, The Callous Daoboys, Brigade, Bearings and Calling all Captains make an appearance.

Thursday:

Main: Neck Deep/Dinosaur Pile Up/Pup/Yonaka
Cave/Axiom headliner: Stray From the Path 

Friday:

Main: Biffy Clyro/Holding Absence/Vukovi/Bambie Thug

Cave/Axiom headliner: Marmozets

Saturday:
Main: Spiritbox/Knocked Loose/Kid Kapichi/Currents

Cave/Axiom headliner: The Blackout

Wednesday: Nova Twins + Million Dead

Edited by kjvffm

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/5/2024 at 8:31 PM, Alex Winstone said:

Cap N Jazz? Apparently working on UK tour dates

Where's this from? 

Could see it, maybe Outbreak too if they lean more into the emo they had this year too.

8 hours ago, Rusty Spoon said:

Neck Deep doing an academy tour next year, including the O2 in Bristol. Reckon that might put them out the running, especially to headline. Lack of London date probably puts them in contention for Slam Dunk though. 

I don't know so much. probably early enough in the year to announce fest after the tour  Gaslight had a tour confirmed at the same time as trees if I remember rightly 

On 8/23/2024 at 5:46 PM, bingobear said:

I don't know so much. probably early enough in the year to announce fest after the tour  Gaslight had a tour confirmed at the same time as trees if I remember rightly 

Agree that the tour doesn't rule them out but the lack of London (and Leeds to a lesser extent) is very suggestive of being at Slam Dunk 

On 8/4/2024 at 1:10 PM, kjvffm said:

Thursday:

Main: Neck Deep/Dinosaur Pile Up/Pup/Yonaka
Cave/Axiom headliner: Stray From the Path 

Friday:

Main: Biffy Clyro/Holding Absence/Vukovi/Bambie Thug

Cave/Axiom headliner: Marmozets

Saturday:
Main: Spiritbox/Knocked Loose/Kid Kapichi/Currents

Cave/Axiom headliner: The Blackout

Wednesday: Nova Twins + Million Dead

Biffy Clyro? That would be massive for Trees but might be a little too big for the festival unfortunately unless they really go out for get them but might affect the rest of the line up 

On 8/25/2024 at 8:05 PM, Steve G said:

Biffy Clyro? That would be massive for Trees but might be a little too big for the festival unfortunately unless they really go out for get them but might affect the rest of the line up 

Only on there as they have had a lot of mentions as a band people would love to see there that feels semi-realistic (especially if they do a throwback set or similar). Plus from the 2P1P pod it seems that both Biffy and Trees would be keen to make it happen if possible but that their management team are standing in the way as it would damage their chances at being seen as a major festival headliner again in the future.

Personally I don't see them headlining Reading or Download ever again. Think Victorious was about the biggest they can do these days, maybe IOW. But it won't be long until they are on the Truck/Ynot size at which point I don't think Trees is out the question. Scotland itself is a different beast and think they are always going to be welcome at TRNSMT.

I think if Biffy ever do Trees it'll either be at the end of an album cycle or a year they do a major fest but maybe don't have explicitly with it. Like if Biffy played R+L again playing Trees isn't going to eat into Readings sales and will still be a huge get for Trees.

On 8/23/2024 at 5:46 PM, bingobear said:

Trees was part of the gaslight tour announcement and was sort off the Bristol area leg off the gig

On 8/28/2024 at 11:44 PM, readingnotleeds said:

I think if Biffy ever do Trees it'll either be at the end of an album cycle or a year they do a major fest but maybe don't have explicitly with it. Like if Biffy played R+L again playing Trees isn't going to eat into Readings sales and will still be a huge get for Trees.

On 8/28/2024 at 4:35 PM, kjvffm said:

Only on there as they have had a lot of mentions as a band people would love to see there that feels semi-realistic (especially if they do a throwback set or similar). Plus from the 2P1P pod it seems that both Biffy and Trees would be keen to make it happen if possible but that their management team are standing in the way as it would damage their chances at being seen as a major festival headliner again in the future.

Personally I don't see them headlining Reading or Download ever again. Think Victorious was about the biggest they can do these days, maybe IOW. But it won't be long until they are on the Truck/Ynot size at which point I don't think Trees is out the question. Scotland itself is a different beast and think they are always going to be welcome at TRNSMT.

I agree Biffy aren't Headlining R/L again or Download. The younger generation who go R/L aren't going bother with Biffy and despite them been big they're not on the level of Foo Fighters, Green Day, Arctic Monkeys. Biffy on the same level as Stereophonics. They'll sell out arenas and have loyal fanbase but there days of headlining the major festivals are over and they'll be playing likes of you said Y Not Festival or Truck. 

1 hour ago, Steve G said:

I agree Biffy aren't Headlining R/L again or Download. The younger generation who go R/L aren't going bother with Biffy and despite them been big they're not on the level of Foo Fighters, Green Day, Arctic Monkeys. Biffy on the same level as Stereophonics. They'll sell out arenas and have loyal fanbase but there days of headlining the major festivals are over and they'll be playing likes of you said Y Not Festival or Truck. 

Download would book Biffy to headline again tomorrow if they were available. They will absolutely headline that festival multiple times again in the future. If R&L persist with the 6 headliners format, Biffy could absolutely still rock up there. 

They aren’t headlining Trees because it would be such a perceived drop down (and it would). Get them playing a surprise set, sure, but they’re not going to be an announcer Trees headliner whilst they can still sell out arenas in their sleep.

I'd agree that Biffy will probably headline DL again. Possibly even next year. I'm not sold on them being a bigger headliner at R&L but yeah, good point on the six headliner thing.

On the Shikari thing, maybe they see 8 months as a long time, although its probably more of a "let's take a break" thing. Definitely see them at this now.

17 minutes ago, DomDom1984 said:

I'd agree that Biffy will probably headline DL again. Possibly even next year. I'm not sold on them being a bigger headliner at R&L but yeah, good point on the six headliner thing.

On the Shikari thing, maybe they see 8 months as a long time, although its probably more of a "let's take a break" thing. Definitely see them at this now.

Yeah Enter Shikari nailed on. On the pod recently he spoke of having a close relationship with their management so if they aren’t booked yet if I was a betting man I’d say an offer has definitely gone out to them. 

Alexisonfire - The Hives - Enter Shikari