2000 Trees 2025

2 hours ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

How would they pull off Deftones if Letlive were too expensive?

I feel like Deftones are to Trees as Mogwai are to ATG. James is willing to splash out beyond his budget if he feels he cant get that band at that festival. For the sake of argument lets say Letlive. are charging 120k for a subheadline or headline spot. Theres a premium on them even thoigh they never headlined massive UK shows in their prime, so even if they look great on the lineup, they aren't worth 120k in sales. Deftones on the other hand, are a guaranteed seller, so say the expected price for a headliner that size is 250k (pulling these numbers out my arse), James may be willing to splash 400k on them to lock them down because they will shift day and weekend tickets, and the general consensus is that they make the lineup look good as a whole.

11 minutes ago, Gummy de Milo said:

I feel like Deftones are to Trees as Mogwai are to ATG. James is willing to splash out beyond his budget if he feels he cant get that band at that festival. For the sake of argument lets say Letlive. are charging 120k for a subheadline or headline spot. Theres a premium on them even thoigh they never headlined massive UK shows in their prime, so even if they look great on the lineup, they aren't worth 120k in sales. Deftones on the other hand, are a guaranteed seller, so say the expected price for a headliner that size is 250k (pulling these numbers out my arse), James may be willing to splash 400k on them to lock them down because they will shift day and weekend tickets, and the general consensus is that they make the lineup look good as a whole.

I don’t know how much Deftones would cost these days. Doing massive arenas in America next year but they rarely tour here so ticket sales are unknown. Not sure what size venue they would play here anymore. But yeah, they know if they get Deftones the festival would sell out completely so it allows you to plan financially. 

38 minutes ago, Gummy de Milo said:

26 minutes ago, Mart356 said:

I don’t know how much Deftones would cost these days. Doing massive arenas in America next year but they rarely tour here so ticket sales are unknown. Not sure what size venue they would play here anymore. But yeah, they know if they get Deftones the festival would sell out completely so it allows you to plan financially. 

Deftones are much bigger in the states and headline festivals there, they won't be doing that here.

2 minutes ago, readingnotleeds said:

Don't know why but I see Biffy as more likely for Trees than Deftones, even though Biffy are arguably the bigger band in the UK. 

Biffy won't be doing Trees yet.

8 hours ago, Mart356 said:

Bare in mind im 30 so im not exactly using the platform, but they supposedly had a bit of a resurgence thanks to a lot of their songs being used on TikTok (apparently thats how kids find music now), youtube shorts and IG reels. Kinda like how Limp Bizkit and Creed have a new generation of audience by becoming a meme? Idk, i feel like what im saying makes sense.

5 hours ago, Gummy de Milo said:

Bare in mind im 30 so im not exactly using the platform, but they supposedly had a bit of a resurgence thanks to a lot of their songs being used on TikTok (apparently thats how kids find music now), youtube shorts and IG reels. Kinda like how Limp Bizkit and Creed have a new generation of audience by becoming a meme? Idk, i feel like what im saying makes sense.

Yeah they are massive on tik tok and the younger generation. They have 4m more monthly listeners on Spotify than QOTSA who headlined download and did an arena tour. Doesn’t always translate to ticket sales but just to give you an idea on streaming popularity. Could they do arenas in the UK? If so they’re too big for Trees. 

16 hours ago, Gummy de Milo said:

Sound, thank you!