You know you miss Glastonbury when...

CanWeRest

We're still in festival season, people.

If you're missing a festival that much, try another!

My personal recommendation to end the season is Mucky Weekender.

1 hour ago, stuie said:

Never been, always tempted.

Am off to Shambala tomorrow. First ever event with My Cause 

7 hours ago, stuie said:

Don't think I'll be in the country this time next year but if I was I've really enjoyed the videos from Houghton, We Out Here, EP and the ones from Lost Village last year.

I'll definitely be paying them a visit if I'm around.

2 hours ago, Monty Pythagoras said:

Don't think I'll be in the country this time next year but if I was I've really enjoyed the videos from Houghton, We Out Here, EP and the ones from Lost Village last year.

I'll definitely be paying them a visit if I'm around.

Of those I’ve only done lost village and it’s a bit off, some not nice vibes, litter, pissing etc. 

We had tickets for houghton when Covid  happened but I’ve been too scared to go since 😂

35 minutes ago, CharlotteB said:

How many festivals have people done since Glasto, just out of interest? I've done two, and think that'll probably be it.

Just Glasto and Wilderness so far for me this year.  Missed Noisily to go on holiday to Tenerife and missed Beautiful Days due to work reasons. 

All Points East this weekend and then Mucky Weekender to finish off the summer. 

3 hours ago, CharlotteB said:

How many festivals have people done since Glasto, just out of interest? I've done two, and think that'll probably be it.

We’ve only done glastonbury this year. Tempted by the Jersey Weekender next week with Texas, Jamie Webster, Snuts, Lottery Winners, Tom Grennan, zutons , Darkness but had other commitments. 

9 hours ago, CharlotteB said:

None this year! Finally off to All Points East on Fri but that barely counts. 

Since we got back from Glastonbury I've had six days off work - and four of those were abroad on a work trip - so it's just not been my year. Next year I'm going hard! 

I've got a regular 4 festivals I do each year (ticket gods allowing).  Bearded Theory, Glastonbury, my little local Farmer Phil's and a cheesy fun Tributes festival near Aberystwyth this weekend.  Love them all.  Tempted to try Green Man but I don't think I can do another and don't want to drop any of my regulars.  Maybe 2025 but I think a lot of people will think that and tickets will be like gold dust.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Beerqueen said:

I've got a regular 4 festivals I do each year (ticket gods allowing).  Bearded Theory, Glastonbury, my little local Farmer Phil's and a cheesy fun Tributes festival near Aberystwyth this weekend.  Love them all.  Tempted to try Green Man but I don't think I can do another and don't want to drop any of my regulars.  Maybe 2025 but I think a lot of people will think that and tickets will be like gold dust.

Green Man is on my to do list.

I did Green Gathering, and loved it so much I did Northern Green Gathering last weekend (which somehow I enjoyed even more than the main Green Gathering). I think they will become a regular thing.

Basically, I aspire to do all the festivals with Green in the title 😂

17 hours ago, CharlotteB said:

Womad and currently sat in the motorhome at Reading, looking after the crèche.

Still maybe going to End of the Road next weekend as well.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

You keep a comfort bottle next to your bed😉😊

Talking of such implements next to the bed -my wife and myself used to run an Airbnb. One day my wife said to the female guest - there's actually a Victorian type piss pot under the bed. My wife indicated that it was OK in her mind to use. The lady customer responded with something along the lines of 'Don't worry bab, I've brought my own - and then produced a green bucket from underneath the bed, before laughing uproariously.