The Mini Guide

shuttlep

Return the mini Guide  

93 members have voted

1. 1. would you like Glastonbury to do the mini guide in the handy Pouch again

• f**k year, I hate getting my phone out to see who is on
    • No I am a massive Geek and have A3 printed cards with me whole line up

This year I really missed the mini guide. 

I had to get my phone out and had no reception so had to ask others.

It was great having it around your neck for easy access. and I loved collecting them

I also really miss the pencil they used to put it.

24 minutes ago, shuttlep said:

It was great having it around your neck for easy access. and I loved collecting them

Sorry to be that guy.......

But you actually do not need signal to check the line up on the app this year.  

You can turn your phone to aeroplane mode and the line up is still available as it stores locally on your device. 

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, shuttlep said:

I'm old but ffs it's not the year 2000.

You can try this if you don't like the app, both work fine for me offline you whingy beggar 😜

https://clashfinder.com/m/g2024/

While I was that geek who printed out the entire line-up and then went at it with highlighters, I loved the app. Worked fine at all times for me.

Wasn't the mini-guide produced by the Guardian, because it was in the format of one of their magazines? Not sure what their plans are for it since they didn't seem to be selling the newspaper this year (though they still had the different coloured bags).

3 minutes ago, HotChipWillBreakYourLegs said:

Biggest disappointment for me was not having a printed map anywhere.  Why not even in the programme??

In previous years you've always been able to get one free from info points on request - have they stopped doing that now?

I enjoy the trips-up.

Print out my clashfinder as viewed on the desktop version, have the clashfinder downloaded on my phone, and I like the mini guide.

I like to read about the highlights they've chosen, some can be last minute additions. I also like having the map in my pocket. I know the app has the map too but I just prefer the feel of the paper between my fingertips.

23 minutes ago, HotChipWillBreakYourLegs said:

Biggest disappointment for me was not having a printed map anywhere.  Why not even in the programme??

The map was in the programme near the front, but yeah - I went through it twice before finding it. All the pages seemed to dogear up really easily and stick together!

23 minutes ago, HotChipWillBreakYourLegs said:

19 minutes ago, incident said:

In previous years you've always been able to get one free from info points on request - have they stopped doing that now?

There were maps available at the Information Points as always, but they no longer accept donations. We have always dropped a couple of pounds into the pot in previous years. 😊

44 minutes ago, StoneCircle said:

There were maps available at the Information Points as always, but they no longer accept donations. We have always dropped a couple of pounds into the pot in previous years. 😊

Yes we had maps again this year, A3 format, though smaller print run than previous years. Saying that we still had a small amount of copies Monday at Gate Info (were open latest on the Monday) - not taken donations for a couple of years. And we were also pointing out the page numbers in the programme of the map. 

Edited by Another eforum account
  • Upvote 1

I'd love the mini guide back, but only as a keepsake, novelty kind of thing. I have no issues using my phone at all. 

Don't want to give anybody ideas, but I'm sure I had to pay for mine at Kendal Calling... And I don't remember feeling disgruntled by this... 

I love the mini guide. I'm a wanderer at Glasto and I enjoy stopping to listen to whoever I happen to be passing that sounds good. It's an ideal time to get out the guide and see what's happening without having to pull my phone out and draining the battery.

I'm not sure about the printing timescales for these but they could perhaps do similar as car parking passes. If you want a guide then go online, tick the box and it gets sent out with your ticket?

1 hour ago, MilkyJoe said:

I love the mini guide. I'm a wanderer at Glasto and I enjoy stopping to listen to whoever I happen to be passing that sounds good. It's an ideal time to get out the guide and see what's happening without having to pull my phone out and draining the battery.

I'm not sure about the printing timescales for these but they could perhaps do similar as car parking passes. If you want a guide then go online, tick the box and it gets sent out with your ticket?

The small stages almost always have a chalk-board somewhere with a schedule of acts.

5 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

The small stages almost always have a chalk-board somewhere with a schedule of acts.

Yeah it's more that I can sit and chill say at the bandstand or wherever and browse through the guide to look what is going on elsewhere if I have a gap in my clashfinder that I have printed out. It's not a dealbreaker, I just find I tend to prefer it over the app or online clashfinder.

8 hours ago, MilkyJoe said:

Pretty much any phone that's been made this decade shouldn't be draining the battery that much through the app now. 

Some people may prefer to go phoneless so I guess an extra option for them like you said might be useful.