The Mini Guide

shuttlep

Return the mini Guide  

93 members have voted

1. 1. would you like Glastonbury to do the mini guide in the handy Pouch again

• f**k year, I hate getting my phone out to see who is on
    • No I am a massive Geek and have A3 printed cards with me whole line up

Another +1 for the guide.  I like having something small and convenient to look at without having to use my phone. The map's useful as, even after 9 visits I still have a tendency to lose my bearings.  As @MilkyJoe says it's great for those moments outside the plan when you just want to see what's on around you. And I love a keepsake, got all mine in a box.

I kind of miss the guide, but having thought about it I think I prefer the app simply on the basis of less physical waste and the fact that it was a clearer view of the lineup than the guide used to provide.

I like the idea, as suggested, that both the programme and the mini-guide could be additional items we add to the order at the time of purchasing a ticket, like the carpark pass.  This would help prevent situations like the picture of the pallet of unused programmes.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, MilkyJoe said:

Also although I didn’t use the app this year, I’m sure it’s just easier sitting down with your cider and turning the pages to glance through the stages.

But now you can do that on the phone and it's simply a better guide:-

It's easier to read in daylight and at night (as that's simply a setting on your phone) and avoids the tiny stupid print of the guide.  (at my age or when *ahem* under the weather.

It shows you when an artist is on at your chosen location.

It also shows when that artist is playing elsewhere, so if you have a current destination but liked the sound you can tag them in another slot.

You can click on them and see more detail, you even have a link to some popular songs and you can also click their page.

I can understand folks who may want a souvenir, but that's not enough reason to print off 150,000 of them which may end up lost on site or in the bin.

image.thumb.jpeg.345fb44efa3b267da4328e87f6508d47.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.47a845a9a1b57d3afc03b0749a220af8.jpeg

The app can get f**ked I didn't even download it, I used clashfinder. But I agree with @shuttlep, like I said in the other thread, they should put the magazine / program thing in the merch stands and charge £5 for it. Then give us lanyards with the mini programs for free.

• Upvote 1

this thread reminded me to pack away this years programme and cloth bags, so i dug out the guides i have stashed over the years, missing a few, i guess they were in a scrapped caravan back in the day, but i don't know where my 2022 one is

image.png.f2787bb4c259eb39bfcb1e9858dcbf4d.png

^ 2000, 2004, 2005,2007

image.png.ebcd25833a6dc8322a1ee8137620bcde.png

^ 2002

image.png.2b9fb1e14fc4e5302c4c6022e6ba01b9.png

^ 2008, 2009, 2010

image.png.f40c21f0ad7905c6f35f81b89f9185f0.png

^ 2011, 2013, 2014

image.thumb.png.0efc52468ab06dfa8d2778b2b2d4b75f.png

^ 2015 2016

image.png.28a0e404e612c02f2934a1ff3a6b99e8.png

^ a threadbare coverless 2017 🙂

image.png.61997cb19bd4fa9aafa3c56aea2c53f7.png

^ 2023

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Madyaker said:

The app can get f**ked I didn't even download it, I used clashfinder. But I agree with @shuttlep, like I said in the other thread, they should put the magazine / program thing in the merch stands and charge £5 for it. Then give us lanyards with the mini programs for free.

A sizable proportion of people have no interest in lanyards or mini programs.  If you're gonna charge for something make it that.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Spindles said:

I like the idea, as suggested, that both the programme and the mini-guide could be additional items we add to the order at the time of purchasing a ticket, like the carpark pass.  This would help prevent situations like the picture of the pallet of unused programmes.

Yeh I like this idea. 

Pearsonal choice but I like to use Glasto as a bit of a break from my phone where possible, using it more for photos and WhatsApp. 

Also to the previous commenter (can't remember who, sorry) who said the app won't run your battery down - maybe not, but having your brightness turned up full coz many of the stages are outdoors and it's sunny definitely does. 

8 hours ago, goldfishboy said:

I'm a big fan of the app and have no use for a mini-guide really.

However I am in favour of charging for programmes and mini-guides, just as long as the money goes towards bringing back the Williams Green stage.

letitgo.jpg

14 hours ago, CanWeRest said:

People are always resistant to change. First timers won't miss the mini guide, and pretty soon all us they knew about them will be dead. It's the circle of life 😂

Just like the alleyways.☹️

I've never been bothered about the mini guide. I used to make a point of getting it, but after a while I realised I never actually used it. Nice keepsake, I suppose, but other than that, they just seemed to litter the floor after the first day, so I'm happy they're gone.

22 hours ago, CanWeRest said:

People are always resistant to change. First timers won't miss the mini guide, and pretty soon all us they knew about them will be dead. It's the circle of life 😂

I am 36 I will not be dead pretty soon!