Graspop Metal Meeting 2025

We can count on SlipKnot at 99.99% since they've announced a few festivals for June. I think - sadly - it gonna be a classic edition with the comeback of Volbeat and Iron Maiden as headliners. I guess Sabaton will be the last headliner. In 2022, they replaced Aerosmith as main headliner on the last day. Slayer should be there too. It's too early for Parkway Drive to already come back. Ghost were there in 2023. 

Headliners Main Stage 1: Iron Maiden - SlipKnot - Volbeat - Sabaton.
Headliners Main Stage 2: Within Temptation - KoRn - Slayer +1.
Subs: Falling In Reverse - Powerwolf - Lamb Of God - Sleep Token - Disturbed...

Others: Papa Roach - In Flames - Epica...

5 hours ago, Sparticus said:

Saw that foo fighters have been hinted by the pinkpop organiser. Would they play graspop, given they've already done Werchter this year?

Dave Grohl doing Probot and Dream Widow set and I'm all for it....otherwise, no thanks 😉 

14 hours ago, Gossard said:

Dave Grohl doing Probot and Dream Widow set and I'm all for it....otherwise, no thanks 😉 

I'll take that as a maybe? 

Noticed foos no longer play two nights running so pinkpop/ graspop seemed logical.

I can't imagine Foo Fighters playing at Graspop... If they're coming to Europe next Summer, as they play RW this year, I guess they just gonna skip Belgium or play a show at SportPaleis like they did in 2018 after playing RW in 2017.

On 7/17/2024 at 8:43 PM, Archi said:

We can count on SlipKnot at 99.99% since they've announced a few festivals for June. I think - sadly - it gonna be a classic edition with the comeback of Volbeat and Iron Maiden as headliners. I guess Sabaton will be the last headliner. In 2022, they replaced Aerosmith as main headliner on the last day. Slayer should be there too. It's too early for Parkway Drive to already come back. Ghost were there in 2023. 

I would put Sleep Token as the +1 main stage 2 headliner.

They’ve blown up recently and have some impressive ticket sale numbers in Europe and judging by the amount of Sleep Token t shirts I saw this year it’d be a popular choice for sure.

Edited by strudd3rs

12 hours ago, strudd3rs said:

I would put Sleep Token as the +1 main stage 2 headliner.

They’ve blown up recently and have some impressive ticket sale numbers in Europe and judging by the amount of Sleep Token t shirts I saw this year it’d be a popular choice for sure.

A few months ago, I was 99.99% sure to see Sleep Token closing the 2nd Main Stage. Their success is huge worldwide and the Metal Dome was more than full in 2023 to see them. But their show in Brussels takes so much time to sell (compared to Amsterdam where they sold 6k tickets in 1h) that I have some doubt. But I'd love to see them at this spot obviously!

• Like 1

On 7/17/2024 at 9:43 PM, Archi said:

Lamb of God could also headline one of the mainstages, they've done it before. 

Could also see Powerwolf getting the bumb up to be a smaller headliner next to something like maiden

Gojira also seem likely as well, would probably put them instead of Slayer as the more likely option

like @strudd3rssaid I could see Sleep Token being one of the north stage (ms2) headliners as well. 

4 hours ago, Loek said:

Lamb of God could also headline one of the mainstages, they've done it before. 

Could also see Powerwolf getting the bumb up to be a smaller headliner next to something like maiden

Gojira also seem likely as well, would probably put them instead of Slayer as the more likely option

like @strudd3rssaid I could see Sleep Token being one of the north stage (ms2) headliners as well. 

Powerwolf could perfectly fit as headliner of the North Stage indeed - even if I don't like them at all - with their new album released this week and their show in Antwerp (8k capacity) early October is finally almost soldout. They sub Iron Maiden in 2022 but their show would be better in the darkness. About Gojira, their only festivals announced so far are during the first weekend of August. Depend of the release of their next album but maybe we'll have to wait 2026 to have them again. Same for Papa RoachLamb Of God headlined the North Stage the same day as SlipKnot indeed but depend of the possibilities, I wouldn't be surprised to see them as sub of the South Stage.

South Stage headliners: Iron Maiden - Volbeat - SlipKnot - Sabaton.
North Stage headliners: Powerwolf - Within Temptation - Sleep Token - Slayer/Lamb Of God.

Anyway. Graspop is always in the latest to announce so we sadly have time!

• Like 1

Iron Maiden and Slipknot are a given. The only scenario in which Iron Maiden is not playing at Graspop is where they do their own stadium show in Belgium but the show in Antwerp took forever to sell out last year. Also, a sold out stadium show probably wouldn't be as remunerative as a festival slot

I hope so! Also Falling In Reverse finally announce a EU tour for later this year. Like many big bands like this, without any shows in Belgium. Pretty sure we gonna have them sub at Graspop. I hope on a same day day as SlipKnot or (SOAD).

If SOAD, by a strange miracle, decide to visit Europe again, I see them more at RW than Graspop. They've become too much of a "special" booking the last few years for RW to make a pass, especially as they celebrate their 50th bday.

I'd pencil down Gojira as very probable for next year together with Slipknot and Iron Maiden. For Sleep Token, I'd give 50/50 chances between Graspop and RW.

4 minutes ago, SweetJesus said:

According to festileaks forum, SOAD was booked for Graspop 2021 and if they come to Europe, it won’t be a long tour. If they start with RAR/RIP, Graspop have a more chance than Werchter

If they start with RAR/RIP, I agree with you but if they come to EU for a few days only, mid or end of June to beginning of July would make more sense imo as there are a number of major festivals in that period they could potentially appear on. Hellfest, RW, Pinkpop, Glasotnbury, Graspop (and Download a bit earlier). In any case, I find it hard to believe that they will even cross the pond and if they do (I really hope so) my prediction is that it will only be for a few major festivals that will pay them big money. I don't expect a tour where they'll play e.g. in 10 locations within 2 weeks. Maybe just Hellfest-Glastonbury-RW (or Graspop) and that will be it. Or maybe even Hellfest and a TW Classic...

For previous editions, they were strongly rumoured for Graspop in '21 indeed but they were also booked and announced for RW in '20. Both editions canceled due to Corona. I don't know what the status of those contracts is but considering who is behind both festivals it won't matter I guess.

• 2 weeks later...

Rock Am Ring announcement. Sleep Token and Bring Me The Horizon are European exclusives apparently.

Interesting undercard, I reckon this makes A Day To Remember almost certain for Graspop now after they were on a draft poster for 24 but didn't end up playing.

spacer.png

Really sad and surprising for Sleep Token. We can be 99% sure to have ADTR (if they don't go back to RW), Jinjer (who could also try to have a spot somewhere at RW), Lorna ShorePowerwolf and The Ghost Inside