Arena permissible stuff

caleb

Hi Folks, I’ve been to Latitude a few times but taking my teens this year for the first time. Food can be dear for a family so can I just check that taking personal food into the Arena is OK? It says no cool bags, boxes, but sarnies in cling film and a packet of scotch eggs is fine? Anyone had food confiscated due to amount or the container?

Also, noticed this year that you’re not allowed umbrellas? Is that for real? What’s that about?

Thanks!

Edited by caleb

5 hours ago, caleb said:

Also, noticed this year that you’re not allowed umbrellas? Is that for real? What’s that about?

Thanks!

I can't help with the food, hope someone else replies. Umbrellas have absolutely no place at a music festival. They block everyone's view so it's sensible to ban them from the arena IMHO! Wear a poncho or waterproof clothing if it rains. 😊

Edited by StoneCircle

13 minutes ago, StoneCircle said:

I can't help with the food, hope someone else replies. Umbrellas have absolutely no place at a music festival. They block everyone's view so it's sensible to ban them from the arena IMHO! Wear a poncho or waterproof clothing if it rains. 😊

they do make an ideal sunshade though when just lounging about between acts.

4 minutes ago, MilkyJoe said:

they do make an ideal sunshade though when just lounging about between acts.

Agreed they do, but they one of my pet hates when it's raining. I actually have a cotton parasol for sun shade. 😀

2 hours ago, StoneCircle said:

Perhaps you're imagining a sea of umbrellas blocking your view of a stage? Like flags or similar? I was thinking about my family cuddled up together on our mat eating our food under our big sports umbrella no where near the stage, either getting a break from the rain or from the sun. Waterproofs aren't a solution tbh, but thanks for the suggestion.

2 hours ago, Chapple12345 said:

Yeah you're absolutely fine to take food in for yourselves, just don't take tonnes in and you'll be fine - a backpack that meets their guidelines will be fine to take in too so just stick it in there 

Brilliant! Thanks loads. 

17 minutes ago, caleb said:

Perhaps you're imagining a sea of umbrellas blocking your view of a stage? Like flags or similar? I was thinking about my family cuddled up together on our mat eating our food under our big sports umbrella no where near the stage, either getting a break from the rain or from the sun. Waterproofs aren't a solution tbh, but thanks for the suggestion.

Impossible for security staff to police how it's going to be used though so they have to impose a ban on them. Hopefully you won't be too far from your tent and can pop back for shelter at meal times from good or bad weather! 😊

18 minutes ago, StoneCircle said:

Impossible for security staff to police how it's going to be used though so they have to impose a ban on them. Hopefully you won't be too far from your tent and can pop back for shelter at meal times from good or bad weather! 😊

shambala, greenman, even strangely glasto, that might be possible. Latitude, however, is the one with the longest trek to the tents that I’ve ever been to. I guess if they’re going to ban umbrellas, they could provide more sheltered areas. Especially for the families with younger children. 

On 7/21/2024 at 5:52 PM, caleb said:

I guess if they’re going to ban umbrellas, they could provide more sheltered areas. Especially for the families with younger children. 

Latitude arena does have the advantage of being blessed with a large number of wonderful (and large) trees as well as the sunrise stage etc that are actually in the woods. Obelisk admittedly is very exposed but there are plenty trees close by.

On 7/23/2024 at 10:52 AM, riverlodge said:

Latitude arena does have the advantage of being blessed with a large number of wonderful (and large) trees as well as the sunrise stage etc that are actually in the woods. Obelisk admittedly is very exposed but there are plenty trees close by.

I saw a lot of people really struggling yesterday due to the sun. I gave up my shade to two young kids in the early afternoon. I think they should at least allow something for children with younger families but, really, should be prioritising the health of all over anything else. They should also be consistent and ban annoying flags.

12 hours ago, caleb said:

I saw a lot of people really struggling yesterday due to the sun. I gave up my shade to two young kids in the early afternoon. I think they should at least allow something for children with younger families but, really, should be prioritising the health of all over anything else. They should also be consistent and ban annoying flags.

The flags don’t bother me. It’s the bloody chairs and picnic blankets littering the obelisk area that will probably stop me going again. Countless times I was blocked from getting near acts I wanted to see, by chairs full of people who had no interest  in what was going on, and people sleeping on huge blankets. Maybe an area should be designated for them, so that those of us who want to enjoy the music can do so without tripping up over chair after chair after chair……….