Oasis

chew the fat

Just to clarify I don't have any Glasto info, you just gotta think there will be talks given they're back.

Heaton Park info is from a friend who is Ticketmaster manager. They'd know, and not the kinda person to make random sh*t up for no reason.

i'll be at any other stage, watching virtually anything else.

Great for people who like them, but for the rest of us who aren't cloth eared donuts, its not a great headliner at all is it? 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 5

1 minute ago, balti-pie said:

i'll be at any other stage, watching virtually anything else.

Great for people who like them, but for the rest of us who aren't cloth eared donuts, its not a great headliner at all is it? 

Same

Never understood.

5 minutes ago, chew the fat said:

Just to clarify I don't have any Glasto info, you just gotta think there will be talks given they're back.

Heaton Park info is from a friend who is Ticketmaster manager. They'd know, and not the kinda person to make random sh*t up for no reason.

If true, you‘re sharing news of the year of the music scene I guess. Want to believe and would definitely be there, but first poster with info like this has gotten my hopes up for nothing before.

Interested but not convinced yet.

8 minutes ago, chew the fat said:

If they're doing Heaton Park, I'd automatically assume Glastonbury would be completely off the table.

Someone would need to splash out absolutely insane money to make a reunion show happen, and for that outlay they'd be crazy not to insist on some form of exclusivity.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, incident said:

If they're doing Heaton Park, I'd automatically assume Glastonbury would be completely off the table.

Someone would need to splash out absolutely insane money to make a reunion show happen, and for that outlay they'd be crazy not to insist on some form of exclusivity.

They'd sell out Heaton Park irrespective of what else they did, especially if it were before any other gigs (Like that Wembley July block booking??)

Just now, Avalon_Fields said:

They'd sell out Heaton Park irrespective of what else they did, especially if it were before any other gigs (Like that Wembley July block booking??)

How many nights and at what ticket price though?

Yes, if it was one show at a hundred quid a pop then they'd sell out in a flash and a Glastonbury set would have no noticeable impact on that. But realistically it wouldn't be one show or anywhere near as "low" as a hundred quid.

Have we seen any evidence that the brothers can spend time in each others company yet? 

If not, I don't think it matters what a ticketmaster bod says. 

Edited by stuie
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, OllieMadd said:

We just posting anything in here now?

In other news, they are busy resuscitating Prince and Bowie to headline 2027. 

• Upvote 1

TBH I couldn’t give a flying f**k. 

Had the misfortune of seeing them in 2004. I won’t be repeating the experience. 
Suppose it will free up space at my headliner of choice if it were to happen, but nah can’t see it happening anyway 

• Upvote 1

Would be the biggest cynical cash grab since the Roses reformed, given the apparent visceral enmity between the brothers Gallagher. Noel's ego might make a Glastonbury headline set possible but it would come well after they'd milked the men with long sideburns market dry.