Oasis

chew the fat

That Wembley block booking did have me wondering. There are very few artists who could book it out for that amount of time for say 5+ shows.

I'd be very surprised if Glastonbury ended up being the first big show back, just because the audience would include less hardcore fans with no normal route to getting tickets. So if they do play, assume Heaton Park would be in June before it, and if they announce a tour starting in July then I'd assume no Glastonbury that year. 

This is exactly the same amount of evidence the people who had definite evidence that Oasis were reforming in almost every year for the last decade - So far its turned out to be 100% fake news -   at this point Im probably inclined to dismiss this as the same. 

Given these tickets are apparently on sale in September and the Gallagher brothers still seemingly can not stand each other - I would be pretty amazed if this was true. 

Edited by Ben7amin_
  • Upvote 1

How the hell has a post like this got more than one page. No evidence using a completely new account on a random festival forum dropping the biggest music news of the last decade - no. 

You'd think people on a festival forum had a clue as to what was going on behind the scenes but apparently not. 

• Upvote 1

To give this some extra thought, Noel has been saying on his mate's podcast that he was recording an album for ages, and now has decided to shut down his studio for the "foreseeable future" as he was "making an album for the sake of it". Liam has stopped playing all solo songs this year and his last show (the last planned for either of them) is 20th September in Malta, and there hasn't been much talk of him doing a new album. Its probably the first time neither have had something in the pipeline, so you never known

1 minute ago, Gejonimo said:

How the hell has a post like this got more than one page. No evidence using a completely new account on a random festival forum dropping the biggest music news of the last decade - no. 

You'd think people on a festival forum had a clue as to what was going on behind the scenes but apparently not. 

👆Belongs in the headline thread with the other fantasy headliners

7 minutes ago, Ben7amin_ said:

This is exactly the same amount of evidence the people who had definite evidence that Oasis were reforming in almost every year for the last decade - So far its turned out to be 100% fake news -   at this point Im probably inclined to dismiss this as the same. 

There's more chance of these guys reforming and playing the top spot.

download.jpg.c74157fc75d3872f030e7a1af69e818f.jpg

2 minutes ago, Gejonimo said:

Just one and a bit pages of people calling it bollocks, that's all. 

19 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

From the Coldplay thread, who may well be the August dates, all I'm saying is you'd expect the July dates to be a huge act too!

cp.png

Does the fact it says Confirmed Artiste rather than Confirmed Artistes not imply it's Coldplay for the whole stretch.

10 minutes ago, Gejonimo said:

Personally i was using it as an excellent excuse to slag oasis and anyone wanting to still listen to them, to be honest with you 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Does the fact it says Confirmed Artiste rather than Confirmed Artistes not imply it's Coldplay for the whole stretch.

Coldplay had Wembley booked for next year (they booked it last year).  I presume they still want it

3 hours ago, balti-pie said:

i'll be at any other stage, watching virtually anything else.

Great for people who like them, but for the rest of us who aren't cloth eared donuts, its not a great headliner at all is it? 

I loved Oasis back in the 90s, they were the first band I was really obsessed with. Saw them live a bunch of times in late 90s/early 00s, I'd not really been into anything of theirs since Be Here Now era (which, on reflection, was pure bobbins but I liked it at the time) but they were always great fun live.

It was their headlining Glastonbury 2004 that put me right off them, though, they were absolutely terrible. I was right down front and centre and off me nut but after four or five songs I'd had enough and marched off, looking for something better to listen to or do. Have had absolutely zero interest in them ever since.

I might be tempted to watch a 2025 reunion tour Glastonbury set, but only out of morbid curiosity than anything else.

16 minutes ago, dirtysteve said:

I loved Oasis back in the 90s, they were the first band I was really obsessed with. Saw them live a bunch of times in late 90s/early 00s, I'd not really been into anything of theirs since Be Here Now era (which, on reflection, was pure bobbins but I liked it at the time) but they were always great fun live.

It was their headlining Glastonbury 2004 that put me right off them, though, they were absolutely terrible. I was right down front and centre and off me nut but after four or five songs I'd had enough and marched off, looking for something better to listen to or do. Have had absolutely zero interest in them ever since.

I might be tempted to watch a 2025 reunion tour Glastonbury set, but only out of morbid curiosity than anything else.

As a big Oasis fan, I'd prefer the Manchester gig and atmosphere to what Glastonbury would bring. I'd watch if we get tickets but I'd happily not have them playing at all

1 hour ago, Avalon_Fields said:

From the Coldplay thread, who may well be the August dates, all I'm saying is you'd expect the July dates to be a huge act too!

cp.png

AEW's 2024 show is missing from that

I don't think they are getting back together, and if they did there is no chance they would do Glastonbury in the first few years as it wouldn't pay them the money they wanted. 

On an Oasis note, i did hear from a well placed source that Liam is playing next year, but I have no idea of where he would place on the line up if it does happen.

While an Oasis reunion might seem to be motivated purely by money, and perhaps to celebrate the anniversary of WTSMG, they might also want to redeem their Glastonbury legacy. Considering they they acknowledged their 2004 performance as being quite poor, maybe it's possible they would accept a lower fee for a better Glasto legacy. 

They're also fans of the festival and likely "get it", a lot more than before. 

However, yeah all of this is likely very unlikely given there's been no evidence to suggest any form of reconciliation baring Noel softening his tone when asked about a reunion (perhaps with a need for divorce money).  

28 minutes ago, mr flow said:

On an Oasis note, i did hear from a well placed source that Liam is playing next year, but I have no idea of where he would place on the line up if it does happen.

Bandstand 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, dumbsaints said:

Tbh Oasis reunion 2025 has been a fairly consistent rumour for over a year now, it's not been rumoured for every year.

It's a fairly consistent rumour for the last decade. 

Something like this is posted many times every year, never comes to anything

Congratulations of you have somehow managed to dodge it.