Oasis

chew the fat

47 minutes ago, mr flow said:

I don't think they are getting back together, and if they did there is no chance they would do Glastonbury in the first few years as it wouldn't pay them the money they wanted. 

On an Oasis note, i did hear from a well placed source that Liam is playing next year, but I have no idea of where he would place on the line up if it does happen.

Noel does seem to love Glastonbury though, all that "gone woke" stuff was followed up by "its the best thing Britain has to offer" and what a great time he had (funnily enough that didn't make it into the tabloid stories) so if a tour was to bring in loads of money I doubt he'd be too stringent over the money for doing it

20 minutes ago, Ben7amin_ said:

It's a fairly consistent rumour for the last decade. 

Something like this is posted many times every year, never comes to anything

Congratulations of you have somehow managed to dodge it. 

I'm actually a big fan and would welcome a reunion, although always rather being realistic than hopeful about it.

Keep an eye on these things, and seen/heard more consistent 2025 information than any other reunion rumour since they split up.

• Upvote 1

Apart from all the obvious red flags, a good bullshit detector here is the fact that Liam doesn't ever (for voice presevation reasons) do 3 nights on the bounce. 

That tabloid rumour about them having booked Wembley for 3 (consecutive) nights this July, could therefore be discounted on sight - as can anything else that claims similar.

Even if I could mentally stretch to believe that oasis are reforming next year it is another massive leap again to think they will do glasto in the first run. 

They are only going to do it for the cash. Noel has said it. Glasto don't offer the big bucks. They will be tied into contracts for mega gigs first and then, maybe, if they don't end up disintegrating again, but probably not. They might play glasto. 

It'll be just like when The Stone Roses reformed. Everyone expects beloved band to play beloved festival but it doesn't always work like that. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

Even if I could mentally stretch to believe that oasis are reforming next year it is another massive leap again to think they will do glasto in the first run. 

They are only going to do it for the cash. Noel has said it. Glasto don't offer the big bucks. They will be tied into contracts for mega gigs first and then, maybe, if they don't end up disintegrating again, but probably not. They might play glasto. 

It'll be just like when The Stone Roses reformed. Everyone expects beloved band to play beloved festival but it doesn't always work like that. 

Liam has said on a few occasions that it wouldn't be about the money for him though. Anyway, it wouldn't surprise me if they would prefer to play their own gigs with their own fans rather than Glastonbury with a more casual crowd.

Edited by cinnamoncola

20 minutes ago, ModernMan said:

The crowd is getting progressively worse, no doubt about that. 

Old man yells at cloud vibes!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, cinnamoncola said:

Liam has said on a few occasions that it wouldn't be about the money for him though. Anyway, it wouldn't surprise me if they would prefer to play their own gigs with their own fans rather than Glastonbury with a more casual crowd.

That's because he's been raking it in playing huge venues all over Europe.

These Oasis rumours pop up on an almost yearly basis and so far I've seen nothing to suggest that this shouldn't be ignored like all the rest of them. 

3 hours ago, Padjeq said:

AEW's 2024 show is missing from that

The list only has shows that qualify as major events under the licence ie shows that have 51k or above. Presumably they're not expecting to sell enough tickets to count?

3 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

Noel does seem to love Glastonbury though, all that "gone woke" stuff was followed up by "its the best thing Britain has to offer" and what a great time he had (funnily enough that didn't make it into the tabloid stories) so if a tour was to bring in loads of money I doubt he'd be too stringent over the money for doing it

I'm fairly sure they'd do it if they reformed, but I just don't see it in the first tour. They'd want whoever pays the most and that wouldn't be Glastonbury

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, incident said:

The list only has shows that qualify as major events under the licence ie shows that have 51k or above. Presumably they're not expecting to sell enough tickets to count?

They have applied to change major events to be over 60k rather than 51k

2 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

They have applied to change major events to be over 60k rather than 51k

My assumption would be that they generated the list based on current criteria. But yeah could well be that the used the new measure instead. Either way, the event not being big enough to count will be the reason it's not listed.

13 hours ago, incident said:

That's interesting. I had a look and they claim they're setting it up for 50708. (not that they've sold much)

image.png.1246968e961cb031cd7ef2bc7245b76c.png

14 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

If there was even the vaguest scent of it happening the tabloids would be all over it - and so far I think there's nada.

This. If you google Oasis reunion there's absolutely nothing new at all apart from the noise last year that came to nothing. I have no doubt that they'll reform at some stage but I think this year, next year is a stretch, the only thing that would give it any traction is that it would be the 30th anniversary or (WTS) MG.

For what it's worth:

I was told by someone VERY close to Liam that everything is in place for a 2025 reunion - gigs etc (wasn't told by that particular person about gig locations, however, Heaton Park & Wembley was thrown around by a few in the circle last year)

There's still one stumbling block, though - they aren't speaking. It isn't all for show, as some like to think, they genuinely don't have anything to do with each other. As far as stumbling blocks go, that's obviously a big one.

Liam will do Morning Glory regardless.

No idea if Glastonbury would come into it. On the one hand it wouldn't be great financially for them. On the other hand - they both love it. Noel is there as a punter every year. Liam was driven down just for the Sunday this year, not to watch anyone in particular - just to be there for a day.

Personal opinion - it won't happen. I'm not too arsed either way - if it happens, I'll be there with mates to lap it up. The other part of me wants it left where it was, especially if there's no relationship between them.

It's ultimately gonna come down to whether someone can get them in a room together at some point pretty soon.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Karlos12345 said:

I‘m sorry but why would you „put everything in place“ for a reunion when the two have not even spoken to each other?

Exactly… if that’s not in place, nothing is in place.