Oasis

chew the fat

On 7/22/2024 at 1:36 PM, dirtysteve said:

It was their headlining Glastonbury 2004 that put me right off them, though, they were absolutely terrible. I was right down front and centre and off me nut but after four or five songs I'd had enough and marched off, looking for something better to listen to or do. Have had absolutely zero interest in them ever since.

I might be tempted to watch a 2025 reunion tour Glastonbury set, but only out of morbid curiosity than anything else.

I think lasted 3 songs that year - i was near the mandala tent. the sound quaity was extremely bad and from memory they looked like they did not give a sh*t about being there

Radio X over the last year has been going on on about the politics between Noel and Liam and them getting back together - not listened much, something something Liam has appologiesd for being a prick!!.

but i would not be surprised if they do a come back tour, but i doubt glasto would on the cards (but who knows whats driving them to get back - if they are!)

Edited by bob323

1 hour ago, Karlos12345 said:

I‘m sorry but why would you „put everything in place“ for a reunion when the two have not even spoken to each other?

Why would promoters and venues want to be able to press go on an Oasis reunion? Surely I don't need to explain that?

It's a case of venues holding the dates, it's not a new concept.

Let me assure you the info is legit. Believe what you will

26 minutes ago, nikkic said:

I’ve put everything in place for me to headline 2027.

I just need to learn to play the guitar, sing and become a megastar. 

Other than that, we’re good to go. 

Can you cover Graceless in the encore please? 

Liam could easily sell out Heaton Park on his own anyway, so these tickets that allegedly go on sale in September according to OP/the Ticketmaster manager may as well be for a new Liam tour.

I'm part of the new generation of Oasis fans and I know that many people my age and even younger don't really care for Noel, he doesn't resonate with us like Liam does. It's thanks to Liam that Oasis have that many young fans.
Sure, I would be excited about a reunion, but it would be about the emotional impact of seeing the brothers on good terms again. I don't need a grumpy Noel to stand there on stage waiting for his pay cheque, then I'd rather just see Liam solo.

1 hour ago, mufcok said:

Why would promoters and venues want to be able to press go on an Oasis reunion? Surely I don't need to explain that?

It's a case of venues holding the dates, it's not a new concept.

Let me assure you the info is legit. Believe what you will

I know the concept, thanks. But venue holds aren‘t for free and promoters won‘t do this for fun. So either the two talked or agreed upon via management. Or nothing is in place.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Karlos12345 said:

I‘m sorry but why would you „put everything in place“ for a reunion when the two have not even spoken to each other?

I assume Liam has everything in place for a 2025 run of dates, which could either be (a) an Oasis reunion, or (b) Liam doing a load of Morning Glory 30th anniversary shows.   Liam is the one who wants the reunion - I think we'll get solo MG dates.

On 7/22/2024 at 11:24 AM, balti-pie said:

i'll be at any other stage, watching virtually anything else.

Great for people who like them, but for the rest of us who aren't cloth eared donuts, its not a great headliner at all is it? 

To be fair they'd be a great headliner for Glastonbury - massive name and would generate a lot of excitement. Though the main interest would be in the first two albums which both Liam and Noel have done to death solo anyway.

I'd be nowhere near it.

55 minutes ago, goonerben said:

I assume Liam has everything in place for a 2025 run of dates, which could either be (a) an Oasis reunion, or (b) Liam doing a load of Morning Glory 30th anniversary shows.   Liam is the one who wants the reunion - I think we'll get solo MG dates.

This seems like the most obvious scenario.  I also wouldn't be surprised if this solo tour does swing by the G.

15 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

This seems like the most obvious scenario.  I also wouldn't be surprised if this solo tour does swing by the G.

Agree, I don't see him coming though and not headlining it. He is way too big now to do anything sub like, the only chance is that he's being booked as a Pyramid 3rd down special guest. I mean I guess if they can do it for the FF, they can Liam. I think he would want headline though.

If Glastonbury booked Fred, Olivia and Liam to headline there wouldn't be many complaints. I'd attend at least 2.

25 minutes ago, northernangel said:

Agree, I don't see him coming though and not headlining it. He is way too big now to do anything sub like, the only chance is that he's being booked as a Pyramid 3rd down special guest. I mean I guess if they can do it for the FF, they can Liam. I think he would want headline though.

If Glastonbury booked Fred, Olivia and Liam to headline there wouldn't be many complaints. I'd attend at least 2.

Its definitely better in darkness, atmosphere definitely suffers when its daylight. 

2 minutes ago, MilkyJoe said:

Can’t see it myself but if there is any traction in it at all they better not announce it before ticket day or it will be even more of a nightmare!

Same, but if they announce all the other dates before then people will assume they're playing even if they're not. Unless its explicitly ruled out or they have a run of shows over the weekend then it would impact the ticket sale. 

I wonder how many people on here who in recent years have said "oh, you're not a fan of flavour of the month manufactured pop act? Go back to your Oasis, you uncultured Dark Fruits!" will be first in line to buy a ticket if that ever happens?

Ah the annual Oasis are reforming rumours. A proud e-fests tradition.

Only a few months to go until we have the Fleetwood Mac are going to headline speculation subsequently followed by the tried and tested  'Foals and Wolf Alice should headline' shouts. We're in for a great 6 months.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

Its definitely better in darkness, atmosphere definitely suffers when its daylight. 

Same, but if they announce all the other dates before then people will assume they're playing even if they're not. Unless its explicitly ruled out or they have a run of shows over the weekend then it would impact the ticket sale. 

2 hours ago, nikkic said:

Yep.

More chance of Daft Punk reforming that Oasis. 

Fred // Liam // Olivia 

I also don't think Liam will now play lower than what Noel has. I'm going to Pulp, rapper of the moment and female act to sub there but I don't think the sub will be Sabrina Carpenter and more like Ray.

54 minutes ago, JonSnow said:

Only a few months to go until we have the Fleetwood Mac are going to headline speculation subsequently followed by the tried and tested  'Foals and Wolf Alice should headline' shouts. We're in for a great 6 months.

That's a very optimistic timeframe. 

1 hour ago, JonSnow said:

My mate knows a guy who says Bristol travelodge have a S Shady ring up and book a room over Glastonbury 

• Like 1