Oasis

chew the fat

4 minutes ago, northernangel said:

Soon as I saw Travelodge I dismissed that. 

I mean he probably also would not ring up himself and book it in the name S Shady but good to know your basic - fake rumour defences are firing  (im really hopefull you got this was a joke based on the other yearly rumour that Eminem is booked into a local hotel) 

14 hours ago, nikkic said:

Yeah but is it the real S Shady?

For some reason he was just stood up in the reception area 

Edited by Ben7amin_
  • Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Ben7amin_ said:

I mean he probably also would not ring up himself and book it in the name S Shady but good to know your basic - fake rumour defences are firing  (im really hopefull you got this was a joke based on the other yearly rumour that Eminem is booked into a local hotel) 

For some reason he was just stood up in the reception area 

To be honest this time of the morning I didn't really factor it in no lol. It's not exactly like he's not in the rumors and there are genuine people who have info on here but anyway pass by it.

32 minutes ago, northernangel said:

To be honest this time of the morning I didn't really factor it in no lol. It's not exactly like he's not in the rumors and there are genuine people who have info on here but anyway pass by it.

There was a big rumour that he was booked into a local hotel to come out as a guest with Kendrick Lamar.

Then there was a big rumour he was booked into a local hotel to come out as a guest with Elton John 

I think it did not come up much this year - but im sure someone will have tried 

While its a relatively new yearly rumour I think we can include it with Spice Girls, Oasis, Fleetwood Mac reforming, Girls aloud that surface every year.  

I think any rumour that starts with a big name performer booking a hotel in there own name is instant bin material 

1 hour ago, Ben7amin_ said:

There was a big rumour that he was booked into a local hotel to come out as a guest with Kendrick Lamar.

Then there was a big rumour he was booked into a local hotel to come out as a guest with Elton John 

I think it did not come up much this year - but im sure someone will have tried 

While its a relatively new yearly rumour I think we can include it with Spice Girls, Oasis, Fleetwood Mac reforming, Girls aloud that surface every year.  

I think any rumour that starts with a big name performer booking a hotel in there own name is instant bin material 

I seem to recall the rumour when Kendrick was playing did have some credibility to it, but it’s telling he was “spotted” at a posh hotel near the site but never actually seen at the festival. Most notable names are captured by cameras on the periphery. 

On 7/24/2024 at 3:06 PM, VCK2 said:

I wonder how many people on here who in recent years have said "oh, you're not a fan of flavour of the month manufactured pop act? Go back to your Oasis, you uncultured Dark Fruits!" will be first in line to buy a ticket if that ever happens?

Just the one, by definition

On 7/23/2024 at 9:40 PM, cinnamoncola said:

Liam could easily sell out Heaton Park on his own anyway, so these tickets that allegedly go on sale in September according to OP/the Ticketmaster manager may as well be for a new Liam tour.

I'm part of the new generation of Oasis fans and I know that many people my age and even younger don't really care for Noel, he doesn't resonate with us like Liam does. It's thanks to Liam that Oasis have that many young fans.
Sure, I would be excited about a reunion, but it would be about the emotional impact of seeing the brothers on good terms again. I don't need a grumpy Noel to stand there on stage waiting for his pay cheque, then I'd rather just see Liam solo.

An Oasis fan who doesn't like Noel?

Hate to break it to you pal, but unless you're a massive fan of Songbird and Pass Me Down The Wine that's a bit of a daft point you've got going on there.

Only people who weren't around to experience Oasis in the past would think Noel is the issue here.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Nobby's Old Boots said:

An Oasis fan who doesn't like Noel?

Hate to break it to you pal, but unless you're a massive fan of Songbird and Pass Me Down The Wine that's a bit of a daft point you've got going on there.

Only people who weren't around to experience Oasis in the past would think Noel is the issue here.

And you seem to be buying into Noel's narrative where he always blames Liam for everything. Even Andy Bell (Oasis bassist), who is usually not the outspoken and confrontative type of guy, said that Noel lied a lot about the Oasis split to make himself look better and raise his own profile with the public.

And if Liam is the only issue like you claim, how come he gets on very well with all the other band members and none have a problem with him. In fact they all immediately knew that they wanted to stay together as a band after Noel left. Band members, crew and other people in the industry speak very highly of Liam.

Btw Noel's versions of various controversial stories in Oasis history sound a lot different from what other people who were there have to say about them (sacking of band members, cricket bat incident etc) and guess what - his versions always make him look less bad whereas he's basically the villain in those events according to other people.

But if you only want to believe what Noel and his mates from the Scum newspaper have to say, I can't change that. Oh yeah, that's right - Noel was chummy with Scum reporters and let them in the Oasis circle during the last years of the band  - Liam was rightly against that and that was something the brothers argued about at the time. I'm sorry, but the kind of people Noel surrounded himself with don't reflect well on him.

Yeah, I'm too young to have really experienced these times myself, but I'm not stupid and I certainly don't form my opinion on Oasis based on sh*tty tabloids and Noel's one-sided stories.

This already turned out too long and I won't go into more detail as this is boring for all the people who are not big Oasis fans and haven't read deep into Oasis history.

1 hour ago, Nobby's Old Boots said:

It's possible to think that Liam was very much the issue in the past, but that Noel is the issue in 2024.

That's certainly the way I look at it - Liam seems to have matured, and Noel seems to have turned into a twat.

2 minutes ago, Gejonimo said:

I think they have both always been twats.

Yes that's fair. I meant that how big a twat they are relative to each other has seemingly reversed since the band split up.

Its the classic age-old conversation - who is the bigger knobhead, Noel or Liam? 

and the answer is as true now as it was way back in 1994 - both of them. They're both the bigger knobhead. 

• Upvote 4

19 hours ago, cinnamoncola said:

And you seem to be buying into Noel's narrative where he always blames Liam for everything. Even Andy Bell (Oasis bassist), who is usually not the outspoken and confrontative type of guy, said that Noel lied a lot about the Oasis split to make himself look better and raise his own profile with the public.

And if Liam is the only issue like you claim, how come he gets on very well with all the other band members and none have a problem with him. In fact they all immediately knew that they wanted to stay together as a band after Noel left. Band members, crew and other people in the industry speak very highly of Liam.

Btw Noel's versions of various controversial stories in Oasis history sound a lot different from what other people who were there have to say about them (sacking of band members, cricket bat incident etc) and guess what - his versions always make him look less bad whereas he's basically the villain in those events according to other people.

But if you only want to believe what Noel and his mates from the Scum newspaper have to say, I can't change that. Oh yeah, that's right - Noel was chummy with Scum reporters and let them in the Oasis circle during the last years of the band  - Liam was rightly against that and that was something the brothers argued about at the time. I'm sorry, but the kind of people Noel surrounded himself with don't reflect well on him.

Yeah, I'm too young to have really experienced these times myself, but I'm not stupid and I certainly don't form my opinion on Oasis based on sh*tty tabloids and Noel's one-sided stories.

This already turned out too long and I won't go into more detail as this is boring for all the people who are not big Oasis fans and haven't read deep into Oasis history.

I don't care anywhere near enough to justify reading a long rant like that, especially one that at a glance makes out that I've said things I haven't ("if Liam is the only issue like you claim" haha - where did I claim that? Take a breath, calm down.)

I just think it's interesting and quite funny how young people seem to view it. 

Edited by Nobby's Old Boots
  • Downvote 1

I bumped into Liam Gallagher in a clothes shop in Ealing in the 90s a few months before What's The Story was released and they appeared at the Brits looking sweaty. He was on his own and we got chatting about a purple Fred Perry top I was trying on. Really nice bloke, very funny. I didn't buy the top, was a bit tight round my tits. I did buy some trainers though, green ones. Great days.

As you were.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1