Oasis

chew the fat

On 7/30/2024 at 2:23 PM, DomDom1984 said:

I remember seeing Matt Hardy in the Preston Travelodge. Anything can happen. Believe.

Some might call it a...twist of fate

Hello, is this thing on? Anyone?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 7/22/2024 at 11:07 AM, chew the fat said:

Oasis reunion Heaton Park next year. Tickets on sale in September. Potentially headlining Glasto as well.

So we can expect this to be announced pretty soon? assuming it was not completely made up............ 

2 hours ago, DomDom1984 said:

YOU HAD TWO DAYS TO COME UP WITH THIS

I only read it this afternoon!

You think I'm happy doing actual work instead of browsing efests like I used to be able to? Stupid new job

• Upvote 1

On 8/1/2024 at 4:09 PM, Ben7amin_ said:

So we can expect this to be announced pretty soon? assuming it was not completely made up............ 

Someone on Reddit was claiming a Wembley Stadium show for next summer as well.

Highest rated comment is saying "If this is true I'll give everyone who comments £5", which isn't exactly a ringing endorsement. 

9 hours ago, charlierc said:

Someone on Reddit was claiming a Wembley Stadium show for next summer as well.

Highest rated comment is saying "If this is true I'll give everyone who comments £5", which isn't exactly a ringing endorsement. 

That Reddit thread really makes me think there‘s truth to it. Especially together with that 11-22 July

block booking at Wembley.

They might actually be working on it. Maybe not everything is in place yet and maybe there are still some emergency exits for one of the brothers, but definitely seems like they are working on it.

Edited by Karlos12345

1 hour ago, Karlos12345 said:

That Reddit thread really makes me think there‘s truth to it. Especially together with that 11-22 July

They might actually be working on it. Maybe not everything is in place yet and maybe there are still some emergency exits for one of the brothers, but definitely seems like they are working on it.

Interesting. There's been Oasis reunion rumours for years so what's suddenly made people believe they might actually have found a deal that can work?

I was surprised if only because Noel Gallagher seems to have become much more of a curmudgeon as he's aged and seemed very resistant to the idea. Either that or have they just seen the hype with Blur and Pulp doing reunions in the last 18 months and think "Anything they can do..."

9 hours ago, charlierc said:

Interesting. There's been Oasis reunion rumours for years so what's suddenly made people believe they might actually have found a deal that can work?

I was surprised if only because Noel Gallagher seems to have become much more of a curmudgeon as he's aged and seemed very resistant to the idea. Either that or have they just seen the hype with Blur and Pulp doing reunions in the last 18 months and think "Anything they can do..."

I have no idea about what any the two recently said about a reunion as I don‘t really pay attention. It‘s the coincidence of leaks about possible dates next year that make me think there might be more to it this time.

1 hour ago, matrainertje said:

I’d rather have Pulp headline this next year than these boring blokes. 

Same. I've never really been a big fan of Oasis and I found Noel Gallagher's separate act dull when I saw them at a festival in Paris. But I appreciate that a reunion would be huge business and is something some people have been waiting years for in the hope it might ever happen.

On 8/5/2024 at 9:08 PM, Karlos12345 said:

Nope

https://x.com/NME/status/1821242604283162865?t=AFAqvFuQiGnvfb6BNl2noQ&s=19

On 8/6/2024 at 7:17 AM, matrainertje said:

I’d rather have Pulp headline this next year than these boring blokes. 

Pulps tunes have aged better 

Jarvis is a superior frontman to either Gallagher. 

Edited by Ben7amin_

38 minutes ago, charlierc said:

You'd think that'd be the end of it, but clearly some people will insist that ain't so until it really is proven as not happening next summer as aspired for.

And so the cycle begins again, just as it has for the last 15 years.

4 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

1 hour ago, charlierc said:

You'd think that'd be the end of it, but clearly some people will insist that ain't so until it really is proven as not happening next summer as aspired for.

I was at that gig, he was definitely talking about the High Flying Birds, he responded as if it was about him anyway even if they really meant Oasis. No idea where the Oasis bit comes from, it's great clickbait from NME though.

8 hours ago, Ben7amin_ said:

nah, quite the opposite. He's basically saying that he doesn't know when the High flying birds will tour again, at least they won't for the next two years. And if that happen,  they would need to release a new album first...just that, as he always did before.
If you check Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds tour history, they only didn't tour in 2014 (besides the pandemic of course). So this is the first time that they are doing a true pause on their touring. Why? Maybe he's just tired. Or maybe......

16 minutes ago, douglasmanso said:

nah, quite the opposite. He's basically saying that he doesn't know when the High flying birds will tour again, at least they won't for the next two years. And if that happen,  they would need to release a new album first...just that, as he always did before.
If you check Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds tour history, they only didn't tour in 2014 (besides the pandemic of course). So this is the first time that they are doing a true pause on their touring. Why? Maybe he's just tired. Or maybe......

It was definitely about High Flying Birds in that answer anyway. But he's said on his mate's podcast that he's shut down his studio, given everyone the rest of the year off and stopped recording what was going to be his next album. says its because he was so proud of his last album that he doesn't want to follow it up yet, and doesn't really have anything to say. But equally says he's got loads of songs so who knows. 

I listen to these podcasts every couple of weeks and it did seem quite sudden as he sounded quite excited about making a more guitar focused album for a while. 

Edited by efcfanwirral