Oasis

chew the fat

8 hours ago, douglasmanso said:

nah, quite the opposite. He's basically saying that he doesn't know when the High flying birds will tour again, at least they won't for the next two years. And if that happen,  they would need to release a new album first...just that, as he always did before.
If you check Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds tour history, they only didn't tour in 2014 (besides the pandemic of course). So this is the first time that they are doing a true pause on their touring. Why? Maybe he's just tired. Or maybe......

I think you may have filled in some gaps with wishful thinking

Edited by Ben7amin_

15 hours ago, Ben7amin_ said:

I think you may have filled in some gaps with wishful thinking

yes, the last paragraph is just a joke. But the main part is : he wasn't talking about oasis, just about NGHFB. That's clear. So our friend @chew the fat still might be right. that's it.
and i would love to see them back together as band and as brothers. That would be awesome for sure

Was just listening to Oasis this morning for the first time in years. They've got some tunes though, haven't they? I was bopping about in kitchen making breakfast having a right good time 🎸 

5 minutes ago, CharlotteB said:

Was just listening to Oasis this morning for the first time in years. They've got some tunes though, haven't they? I was bopping about in kitchen making breakfast having a right good time 🎸 

Yes they’ve definitely got the tunes recorded!

Live though is a different matter. I have a feeling that there will be a lot of very disappointed people if they ever do get back together 

3 minutes ago, tarw said:

Live though is a different matter. I have a feeling that there will be a lot of very disappointed people if they ever do get back together 

Are you kidding? When Liam and Noel run onto the stage and recreate the glory days folks jaws will be on the floor. The moves. The antics. The crowd engagement. Throwing their bodies and souls into the performance.  The spirit of the 2000 Standing On The Shoulder of Giants tour as they slam into Sunday Morning Call. The Pyramid Stage will be a smoking ruin by the time the Tremendous Two-o are done with it.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, tarw said:

I reckon it'd be much like The Stone Roses reunion. First shows, especially in Manchester, the crowd will be happy enough just to see them that they carry the show and it more than papers over the cracks with what's on stage.

As the tour moves into a second year and beyond, those cracks become more and more obvious and that's when the disappointment sets in and the interest fades (until they go away for another 15 years and then come back again).

35 minutes ago, tarw said:

they are a very special live act because even a regular guy can go to a concert and sing most of songs from the start till the very end- especially in UK. There aren't many bands that can do that

2 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Are you kidding? When Liam and Noel run onto the stage and recreate the glory days folks jaws will be on the floor. The moves. The antics. The crowd engagement. Throwing their bodies and souls into the performance.  The spirit of the 2000 Standing On The Shoulder of Giants tour as they slam into Sunday Morning Call. The Pyramid Stage will be a smoking ruin by the time the Tremendous Two-o are done with it.

Have you seen the Jools Holland 2000 gig which was a warm up to the Wembley gig? It's outrageously good.

7 hours ago, tarw said:

I assume it'll at least go better than their 2004 set which I remember got a critical kicking both from contemporary reviews and consequent revisionist look-back ones.

21 hours ago, tarw said:

I don't know, I think they'd be more accomplished, more sober, and more mature now, wouldn't they? (Maybe not the mature bit). I think they'd do ok with a few sessions musicians thrown in there to pick up any slack.

BDI and High Flying Birds both sound solid live.

Edited by CharlotteB

23 hours ago, tarw said:

Did you ever see Oasis live?

22 hours ago, incident said:

I reckon it'd be much like The Stone Roses reunion. First shows, especially in Manchester, the crowd will be happy enough just to see them that they carry the show and it more than papers over the cracks with what's on stage.

As the tour moves into a second year and beyond, those cracks become more and more obvious and that's when the disappointment sets in and the interest fades (until they go away for another 15 years and then come back again).

I caught them on that tour at T and f**ked off early because it was terrible. Crowd seemed to have enjoyed themselves though. If I was into their stuff, I'd probably have loved it.

For me they had 2 good albums and I was fairly into them at the time. Saw them live a handful of times. Glastonbury 95, they were OK. Glastonbury 04, they were terrible and at Finsbury Park where there were OK again but BRMC blew them off the stage. Not that the bucket hat brigade would agree with me there 😀 

2 hours ago, MrHew said:

For me they had 2 good albums and I was fairly into them at the time. Saw them live a handful of times. Glastonbury 95, they were OK. Glastonbury 04, they were terrible and at Finsbury Park where there were OK again but BRMC blew them off the stage. Not that the bucket hat brigade would agree with me there 😀 

BRMC blow pretty much anyone off stage. God, I'd love em back.