Oasis

chew the fat

19 hours ago, MrHew said:

For me they had 2 good albums and I was fairly into them at the time. Saw them live a handful of times. Glastonbury 95, they were OK. Glastonbury 04, they were terrible and at Finsbury Park where there were OK again but BRMC blew them off the stage. Not that the bucket hat brigade would agree with me there 😀 

Up until Kanye, the 04 Oasis gig was the biggest exodus I had ever seen from the Pyramid. Myself included.

I'm disappointed I've not seen more exodus'.

The only one I've seen was Proclaimers playing T in 2003 and playing 500 Miles with two more songs to come.

Didn't make that mistake next time. 

Edited by DomDom1984

2 hours ago, Yokel Again said:

Saw Oasis loads of times.. they were either absolutely amazing, or total crap, but never anywhere in between.

Somehow they managed to do this by just standing there and doing the exact same thing each time too! ha!

It was mainly their pub band stage craft which made the gigs meh. No continuity. Far too much dead air.

14 hours ago, Gacheezbo said:

“It’s happening” - some guy I work with, who definitely has the sources, not one to chat sh*t and generally doesn’t care. Take that how you wish

man i believe in you. many people with different sources saying the same thing. Did he tell you anything else? like where and when?

On 8/12/2024 at 12:19 PM, DomDom1984 said:

The only one I've seen was Proclaimers playing T in 2003 and playing 500 Miles with two more songs to come.

Nearest I've seen was seeing Kate Nash at Truck Festival 2019. Foundations was the last song but the sweeping departures no sooner had that finished was quite remarkable.

On 8/12/2024 at 12:19 PM, DomDom1984 said:

22 hours ago, charlierc said:

Nearest I've seen was seeing Kate Nash at Truck Festival 2019. Foundations was the last song but the sweeping departures no sooner had that finished was quite remarkable.

Elbow at Kendal Calling for me https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/elbow/2015/lowther-deer-park-penrith-england-73f656c5.html. One Day Like This 4th in. It did get rid of all the talkers though...

On 7/22/2024 at 2:32 PM, Avalon_Fields said:

From the Coldplay thread, who may well be the August dates, all I'm saying is you'd expect the July dates to be a huge act too!

cp.png

Sorry for coming back to this post but why do we think August is Coldplay? Could it be Oasis as well? And Coldplay in July?

1 hour ago, Karlos12345 said:

Sorry for coming back to this post but why do we think August is Coldplay? Could it be Oasis as well? And Coldplay in July?

My thinking is there’s not many acts who could do that number of gigs at Wembley. A handful. Oasis one of them.

How many nights at Wembley is it rumoured to be? Ten? That’s 800,000 people ffs. I can’t really see they’d sell that out for that duration would they? At £120 a ticket, £200 for the golden circle nonsense? It’s £££ 

38 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

My thinking is there’s not many acts who could do that number of gigs at Wembley. A handful. Oasis one of them.

No, I got this part. My question is why is it consensus that Coldplay is in August and Oasis in July and not the other way around?

23 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

How many nights at Wembley is it rumoured to be? Ten? That’s 800,000 people ffs. I can’t really see they’d sell that out for that duration would they? At £120 a ticket, £200 for the golden circle nonsense? It’s £££ 

you sure about that. If they only do 10 in London and 10 in Manchester and say theres no other dates in Europe? Theyll sell out. You underestimate people travelling for this one

24 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

Taylor was 92,000, I would say for oasis you would get that if there was no other European dates they you would get people traveling. Same for Coldplay. 

4 minutes ago, Karlos12345 said:

No, I got this part. My question is why is it consensus that Coldplay is in August and Oasis in July and not the other way around?

August dates look to be 10 separated to allow for nights off, the other is a single block of 10 dates.  

14 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

Taylor was 92,000, I would say for oasis you would get that if there was no other European dates they you would get people traveling. Same for Coldplay. 

the move will have to be to not even hint at other dates on the continent. And you cant announce all 10 at one time. You cant sell em all out in an instant. Youll just get everyone buying up standing and prime seats and the nosebleeds will just slowly get snagged up. Ill say they announce 4 in each city  to start and keep adding when its time to.