Oasis

chew the fat

12 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

the move will have to be to not even hint at other dates on the continent. And you cant announce all 10 at one time. You cant sell em all out in an instant. Youll just get everyone buying up standing and prime seats and the nosebleeds will just slowly get snagged up. Ill say they announce 4 in each city  to start and keep adding when its time to.

Heaton park is 50,000 Wembley is 92,2000 so that would be around 1.4 million tickets to sell. It would be a stretch but as you say drip them out, the fact they might not make it to the end of summer might help shift tickets. 

42 minutes ago, charlierc said:

Huh. First I'd heard of it as a rumour.

Unless they're going to try to copy U2 and do a run of Las Vegas Sphere shows.

It’s been a rumour for the last month or so. There is another clip saying the whole standing area will be the kinetic energy floor, so doubt it would be the sphere. 

4 minutes ago, Karlos12345 said:

I think neither of them (Coldplay or Oasis) would play 10 shows in a row.

Coldplay won’t, they’ve toured a fair bit recently. 

If (and it’s a huuuuge if) Oasis reformed, they could do 10 nights at Wembley no issues. 

10 hours ago, dotdash79 said:

Heaton park is 50,000 Wembley is 92,2000 so that would be around 1.4 million tickets to sell. It would be a stretch but as you say drip them out, the fact they might not make it to the end of summer might help shift tickets. 

thats why theres also the discussion of them playing Coachella. ( yeah, i know the whole deal that they would be crazy to play there first ) But you likely get a decent amount of people that make the trek to ensure they see them before it gets called off due to some random comment.  

3 hours ago, westholtschic said:

3 hours ago, westholtschic said:

IMG_4951.png

Maybe not Coldplay at the Vegas Sphere then. Though we've already had a few events since they wrapped up so they're not directly following Bono and the gang.

I guess there's a curio because Coldplay already did 6 shows at Wembley back in 2022 so is it a bit soon for them to come back with another ten?

10 hours ago, dotdash79 said:

It’s been a rumour for the last month or so. There is another clip saying the whole standing area will be the kinetic energy floor, so doubt it would be the sphere. 

That would make sense tbf given the standing area of the Vegas Sphere is quite small.

Noel doesn't seem to like GF

" 'It's getting a bit woke now, that place, and a bit kind of preachy and a bit virtue-signalling. I don't like it in music - little f***ing idiots waving flags around and making political statements and bands taking the stage and saying, 'Hey guys, isn't war terrible, yeah? Let's all boo war. F*** the Tories man', and all that."

https://news.sky.com/story/liam-gallagher-fuels-oasis-reunion-speculation-with-a-rumoured-record-breaking-stint-at-wembley-13202980

2 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

" 'It's getting a bit woke now, that place, and a bit kind of preachy and a bit virtue-signalling. I don't like it in music - little f***ing idiots waving flags around and making political statements and bands taking the stage and saying, 'Hey guys, isn't war terrible, yeah? Let's all boo war. F*** the Tories man', and all that."

https://news.sky.com/story/liam-gallagher-fuels-oasis-reunion-speculation-with-a-rumoured-record-breaking-stint-at-wembley-13202980

Not exactly helping to change my negative opinion of his rent-a-quote bollocks then.

Well I hope all the people on here who have spent years smugly calling Oasis fans "gammons" and "dark fruits" and making out that they're uncultured and close minded because they don't listen to whatever flavour of the month pop singer aren't suddenly gonna jump on the bandwagon. You make your bed, you lie in it.

• Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Man attends well known progressive left-wing festival and finds it all a bit progressive and left-wing SHOCKER. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VCK2 said:

Well I hope all the people on here who have spent years smugly calling Oasis fans "gammons" and "dark fruits" and making out that they're uncultured and close minded because they don't listen to whatever flavour of the month pop singer aren't suddenly gonna jump on the bandwagon. You make your bed, you lie in it.

I'm perfectly fine with that. Others are more into the idea of this happening than me, so it's all yours.

2 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Sky news speculating, I repeat speculating, on a possible glastonbury headline spot. Mentioning if it was on the cards it would have to be next year as 2026 is fallow. Pure guesswork I reckon but who knows? 

Jumping on the bandwagon 

2 hours ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Gallagher added that he loved the festival, calling it “probably the best f**king thing about Britain apart from the Premier League”.