Oasis

chew the fat

2 hours ago, VCK2 said:

Well I hope all the people on here who have spent years smugly calling Oasis fans "gammons" and "dark fruits" and making out that they're uncultured and close minded because they don't listen to whatever flavour of the month pop singer aren't suddenly gonna jump on the bandwagon. You make your bed, you lie in it.

I’d say whoever you’re talking to can buy tickets for whatever they want TBH

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Sky news speculating, I repeat speculating, on a possible glastonbury headline spot. Mentioning if it was on the cards it would have to be next year as 2026 is fallow. Pure guesswork I reckon but who knows? 

Must be something in it for them to even put out a story on it. There's always rumours but this is the first time I've seen it mentioned on the national news.

I've refrained from posting in here - as I was laughed off the thread back in June when I said everything was sorted. They just had to get them back on speaking terms. I posted it because to say the source is close to Liam would be an understatement. I was there when said person said it.

It's happening. Announcement next week. Dunno the exact day. Tuesday has been thrown around, also Wednesday as (I think) that's 15 years to the day since the split.

No idea on Glastonbury or exact amount of gigs, but it's done. Head says no Glastonbury, heart says please God.

Feel free to egg me twice over if it doesn't. They may hold off til the end of the week but, given the DM anniversary album drops on the Friday, I imagine it'll drop before.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 9

9 minutes ago, mufcok said:

I've refrained from posting in here - as I was laughed off the thread back in June when I said everything was sorted. They just had to get them back on speaking terms. I posted it because to say the source is close to Liam would be an understatement. I was there when said person said it.

It's happening. Announcement next week. Dunno the exact day. Tuesday has been thrown around, also Wednesday as (I think) that's 15 years to the day since the split.

No idea on Glastonbury or exact amount of gigs, but it's done. Head says no Glastonbury, heart says please God.

Feel free to egg me twice over if it doesn't. They may hold off til the end of the week but, given the DM anniversary album drops on the Friday, I imagine it'll drop before.

Bucket hat is on standby

4 hours ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Noel doesn't seem to like GF

" 'It's getting a bit woke now, that place, and a bit kind of preachy and a bit virtue-signalling. I don't like it in music - little f***ing idiots waving flags around and making political statements and bands taking the stage and saying, 'Hey guys, isn't war terrible, yeah? Let's all boo war. F*** the Tories man', and all that."

https://news.sky.com/story/liam-gallagher-fuels-oasis-reunion-speculation-with-a-rumoured-record-breaking-stint-at-wembley-13202980

theres literally video of him watching Lcd Soundsystem on the Pyramid Stage this year. What's he on about.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

The festival bucket hat stall holders profits will be enormous. Vendors, Best get an application in now. 😊😉

over under on a flag either saying "bucket hats here" one  with a bucket hat on it or made entirely of bucket hats?

48 minutes ago, mufcok said:

nice 1 .... always feels challenging when putting info out there and especially so with the will they wont they oasis talk ... looks like you were bang on 🙂 

2 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

nice 1 .... always feels challenging when putting info out there and especially so with the will they wont they oasis talk ... looks like you were bang on 🙂 

Tbh I've always firmly being under the impression it wouldn't happen.. until recent months.

That back in June then I got the heads up, via the same source, on Friday morning. Guess in the last 2 months they've both decided to grow up. Life's too short. I'll be happy to (hopefully) see them get on/be brothers again

2 minutes ago, Serenefishy said:

Is it even that exciting for big Oasis fans considering both have been touring frequently and playing lots of Oasis songs? If they'd both been more dormant for the last decade I'd get the buzz.

Yes.

It’s the kind of pyramid headliner that even a new girlfriend who was a massive fan couldn’t drag me to. IF it happens, and then IF they get to Glastonbury. I think they’re very divisive these days, a lot of people who would absolutely love it, and probably an equal amount who think they’re dreadful and wouldn’t want to be anywhere near it. It’d be a busy field but it won’t be anywhere near an Elton John again. 

6 hours ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Noel doesn't seem to like GF

" 'It's getting a bit woke now, that place, and a bit kind of preachy and a bit virtue-signalling. I don't like it in music - little f***ing idiots waving flags around and making political statements and bands taking the stage and saying, 'Hey guys, isn't war terrible, yeah? Let's all boo war. F*** the Tories man', and all that."

https://news.sky.com/story/liam-gallagher-fuels-oasis-reunion-speculation-with-a-rumoured-record-breaking-stint-at-wembley-13202980

Majorly out of context, he was just talking about all the political flags.  In the same interview he said it was the best thing Britain has and he had a great time. 

14 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

It’s the kind of pyramid headliner that even a new girlfriend who was a massive fan couldn’t drag me to. IF it happens, and then IF they get to Glastonbury. I think they’re very divisive these days, a lot of people who would absolutely love it, and probably an equal amount who think they’re dreadful and wouldn’t want to be anywhere near it. It’d be a busy field but it won’t be anywhere near an Elton John again. 

I'd hope you're right if our way into the festival is volunteering again! Would hopefully find someone to swap shifts with 

7 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

I'd hope you're right if our way into the festival is volunteering again! Would hopefully find someone to swap shifts with 

I’ll tell you right now I’m a million percent up for a swap 🤣 Oxfam? All good with me, I’ll happily be on shift 

14 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

I’ll tell you right now I’m a million percent up for a swap 🤣 Oxfam? All good with me, I’ll happily be on shift 

Haha I may take you up on this if the circumstances line up!! 

Edited by efcfanwirral
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, balti-pie said:

I dunno. If nostalgia acts like Sugar Babes can close down West Holts - and I know it's a much smaller field, but Oasis performing 30 years after WtSMG came out, being at the time possibly the biggest band in the UK... It could be a massive crowd. Maybe not Elton size but he kind of set a new record in that respect, but at least as big as Coldplay from this year.

1 hour ago, efcfanwirral said:

Majorly out of context, he was just talking about all the political flags.  In the same interview he said it was the best thing Britain has and he had a great time. 

It’s just Noel being Noel. He said all that about political flags then also went to see Kneecap who are one of the most political bands around, and said he loved it. He makes contradictory, miserable and hilarious statements all the time. Best just to not take him too seriously or as an oracle of music knowledge. 

2 hours ago, Serenefishy said:

Is it even that exciting for big Oasis fans considering both have been touring frequently and playing lots of Oasis songs? If they'd both been more dormant for the last decade I'd get the buzz.

yes. Because its them together. Happened with other groups where solo projects and such were a nice thing but nothing compares to getting the band back together. Would you rather have Thom Yorke solo or Radiohead? Gwen Stefani or No Doubt?  Brandon Flowers or The Killers? Morrissey or The Smiths? David Byrne or Talking Heads?  Stevie Nicks or Fleetwood Mac?

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Euphoricape said:

So if Manchester and Wembley dates are announced this week as strongly rumoured, we will know if there is an obvious GSH. What's the earliest a headliner has been announced? Could it even be made official this week..?

they wouldn't announce a headliner before ticket sale date.