Oasis

chew the fat

If the Wembley dates are August, and presumably the Manc ones would be before then, would they really want the first reunion thing to be onstage at Glastonbury on the pyramid?
I guess the tickets for the tour would be sold by then, and it’d be live on the bbc, so it would garner the most amount of attention - but wouldn’t it take some of the shine (sorry, the ssshhhheeeeaiiine) off it?
Particularly if it’s all a bit crap, and doesn’t come across on tv that well - there’ll be hundreds of thousands of people who’ve dropped loads of money on a right lemon 😁 but much like those stone roses gigs, it’ll be majority middle aged blokes in their stone island on the coke and the pints, the singalong will render the band almost redundant 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

3 hours ago, balti-pie said:

It’s the kind of pyramid headliner that even a new girlfriend who was a massive fan couldn’t drag me to. IF it happens, and then IF they get to Glastonbury. I think they’re very divisive these days, a lot of people who would absolutely love it, and probably an equal amount who think they’re dreadful and wouldn’t want to be anywhere near it. It’d be a busy field but it won’t be anywhere near an Elton John again. 

Oh it will, my friend...oh, it will.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, balti-pie said:

It’s the kind of pyramid headliner that even a new girlfriend who was a massive fan couldn’t drag me to. IF it happens, and then IF they get to Glastonbury. I think they’re very divisive these days, a lot of people who would absolutely love it, and probably an equal amount who think they’re dreadful and wouldn’t want to be anywhere near it. It’d be a busy field but it won’t be anywhere near an Elton John again. 

Mate... it would be absolutely rammed to the rafters, as much as, or likely more, than any act that's ever played at the Pyramid.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

Mate... it would be absolutely rammed to the rafters, as much as, or likely more, than any act that's ever played at the Pyramid.

Nah. Can’t see it. It’d be a busy pyramid, but won’t be Elton John busy. That’s the new benchmark for absolutely rammo. 

Great swathes of people are there for dance/drum n bass, and oasis just do not appeal that widely. Anecdotal of course but out of my group of about twelve who go most years, there’d be 3 or 4 absolutely definitely there, 3 or 4 possibles depending on alternatives, and 4 who wouldn’t watch them at all. But each group is different, and I’m confirming my own inherent biases, as you are too I’m sure! 

Depends if it's announced/strongly rumoured pre ticket sale. Will bring a lot more people to Glastonbury as did their last, ahem, "performance". Can't be any worse than 2004 anyway, saw them lots of times before the split and Glastonbury was the worst of their gigs I ever witnessed

If Oasis reform I wont go and see them. More than happy to see them at Glastonbury.

Will be from the edges though. Cant be arsed getting swilled in ale and piss surrounded by coked up masses who should know better with their hidden blood pressure 

Yours

Hyacinth Bucket of Oasis fans

Edited by faymondo
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Euphoricape said:

So if Manchester and Wembley dates are announced this week as strongly rumoured, we will know if there is an obvious GSH. What's the earliest a headliner has been announced? Could it even be made official this week..?

No way. If they did that then T day is absolutely f**ked. Zero reason to make it harder. And nobody knows at what stage they would be at in negotiations. Theres a tweet that says Glasto is "keeping a spot open" for them if the reunion is indeed a go. Gimme a break. They dont have all 3 headliners booked alread. And Emily probably wouldve been clued in sooner than today. If this being such an open secret then everyones had a chance to make their case.

19 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

The kind of headliner booking that would really have the BBC salivating at the thought of viewing figures, and the PR for the festival.  Like Macca And Elton. 

Well.. more so than SZA I guess 😂 maybe not as much of a draw as McCartney or Elton though 

1 hour ago, Superscally said:

Is the Reading gig on telly tonight? 

Its been delayed. Liam on at 11:30 now. Bbc have been mucking up the broadcast this weekend. He hit the stage already so we will know something within the next hour if he gives any confirmation

• Thanks 1

As a Mancunian, huge Oasis fan and also a regular (ish) Glasto attendee.......I hope they don't play. 

I will be going to see them in Manchester anyway which is the only place you want to see them really. It will be electric. Oasis at Glasto wouldn't touch the sides compared to a homecoming gig. 

On second thoughts if we could have Oasis with Pulp as the subs then I think that just about blows anything else they could come up for next year out of the water. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Suprefan said:

Its been delayed. Liam on at 11:30 now. Bbc have been mucking up the broadcast this weekend. He hit the stage already so we will know something within the next hour if he gives any confirmation

Coverage has been awful. Swear they used to cover Reading properly/live?

Liam will come on the iPlayer before 11.30 though. Was the same with Fred last night, coverage ended up coming on iPlayer about 10.30

44 minutes ago, mufcok said:

Coverage has been awful. Swear they used to cover Reading properly/live?

Liam will come on the iPlayer before 11.30 though. Was the same with Fred last night, coverage ended up coming on iPlayer about 10.30

yeah, no idea why they arent really doing most of it live or not. I watched a bit yesterday and it seemed to be on time for the broadcast timea they had placed.

End of Blossoms  set this video was put on the screens.