Oasis

chew the fat

I don't think the dates being after Glastonbury rules out the chances of it happening. It would be as tight lipped as ever with Glastonbury, despite rumours - there wouldn't be any impact on their own dates.

They'll definitely do a small warm up or two (similar to blur pre-Wembley) as well.

Who knows?

2 minutes ago, Sitruc97 said:

I’ll go out on a limb and say they’d match/better the crowd Elton had 

Yep, you’re looking at a huge chunk of the glasto crowd having never been old enough to see them yet would’ve grown up listening to them. Then there would always be the ‘now or never’ jeopardy too. If the crowd is in that 25-35 age group, it’ll be rammed. 

6 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

A friend has just said aren’t the rumoured dates post Glastonbury …. So would they do a first date back at Glastonbury ? Definately ? Or maybe ? 

Coachella first. They can sound like shite here and then its better in their backyard. 

1 hour ago, Lionator said:

Yep, you’re looking at a huge chunk of the glasto crowd having never been old enough to see them yet would’ve grown up listening to them. Then there would always be the ‘now or never’ jeopardy too. If the crowd is in that 25-35 age group, it’ll be rammed. 

it will be better than SZA that’s for f**king sure.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

I think the odds of Oasis playing Glastonbury are rising pretty significantly.

I know reunions are a bit of a cash grab sometimes, but the Gallaghers have a history with the festival, they both go as punters on occasion and I think there's a chance they might actually want to play...

8 minutes ago, Acid_Haze said:

I think the odds of Oasis playing Glastonbury are rising pretty significantly.

I know reunions are a bit of a cash grab sometimes, but the Gallaghers have a history with the festival, they both go as punters on occasion and I think there's a chance they might actually want to play...

They need to save the festival from disappearing up its own arse.

Dust off your Kangol jacket. 

Crack open a can of Stella. 

We’re back babyyyyyy.

image.gif.cd385be6ba7afabb94fd33821854107d.gif

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, Drums Please Fab said:

They need to save the festival from disappearing up its own arse.

Dust off your Kangol jacket. 

Crack open a can of Stella. 

We’re back babyyyyyy.

image.gif.cd385be6ba7afabb94fd33821854107d.gif

I think if you want to talk about being up its own arse you've got the gif for it right there.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, mufcok said:

I've refrained from posting in here - as I was laughed off the thread back in June when I said everything was sorted. They just had to get them back on speaking terms. I posted it because to say the source is close to Liam would be an understatement. I was there when said person said it.

It's happening. Announcement next week. Dunno the exact day. Tuesday has been thrown around, also Wednesday as (I think) that's 15 years to the day since the split.

No idea on Glastonbury or exact amount of gigs, but it's done. Head says no Glastonbury, heart says please God.

Feel free to egg me twice over if it doesn't. They may hold off til the end of the week but, given the DM anniversary album drops on the Friday, I imagine it'll drop before.

Fair play. I'm happy to put my hands up to being one of the vocal doubters, having assumed that this would be no different to the other rumours that have circulated most years since they first split, but clearly this is happening and you got it bang on and ahead of just about anyone else so full kudos is deserved.

Still can't see Glastonbury being likely though, just because whoever is promoting the tour will be paying through the nose for it and usually would insist on a good level of exclusivity for their money. If the rumoured number of dates turn out to be correct, that'd mean well over a million tickets on offer. It'd take a very brave promoter to allow them to also do a cut price gig that could directly impact on 120k+ potential ticket purchases (maybe more, if you count the TV coverage).

5 hours ago, balti-pie said:

Nah. Can’t see it. It’d be a busy pyramid, but won’t be Elton John busy. That’s the new benchmark for absolutely rammo. 

Great swathes of people are there for dance/drum n bass, and oasis just do not appeal that widely. Anecdotal of course but out of my group of about twelve who go most years, there’d be 3 or 4 absolutely definitely there, 3 or 4 possibles depending on alternatives, and 4 who wouldn’t watch them at all. But each group is different, and I’m confirming my own inherent biases, as you are too I’m sure! 

Wont be Elton John busy ! ...people on here thought Elton was only worthy of the legends slot 2 years ago..."plays small town cricket grounds" if I remember the quotes ..... Oasis will be the biggest roadblock the festival has ever seen..... absolute rammo, only Taylor Swift or a resurrection of The Beatles/ Elvis/ Prince/ Bowie could compete them for a UK crowd...it makes sense now that they didn't reopen Row Mead back to the campers this year.

Edited by Prince Mylo
Typo

I think if they played Glastonbury next year it’ll be before their own shows and the hype will be unreal, leading to a packed field. How long it would stay packed would be another matter.

This is very unlikely though, can’t see them doing Glasto for peanuts before their own, highly lucrative, shows. If they’re still together and touring in 2027 then that’d be more likely. There probably wouldn’t be the same clamour to see them though as everyone and their dog would have seen them by then