Oasis

chew the fat

2 minutes ago, Calvin Klein said:

I can assure you the amount of people from abroad that are already planning to go is insane. It'll be a nightmare to get tickets. 

Wonder if Emily would categorically deny it if they weren’t booked …. She’s done similar before . But ultimately it’s their job to shift the tickets 

4 minutes ago, Calvin Klein said:

I can assure you the amount of people from abroad that are already planning to go is insane. It'll be a nightmare to get tickets. 

Yeah, I’m mega nervous already about getting a ticket. Will try every possible route, Oasis have been my favourite band since I was 15 so I could never forgive myself if I didn’t go. I’d probably pay up to £750 for a ticket 

7 minutes ago, foals98 said:

Has there been any news flow on the monkeys stuff recently? I remember reading your posts about it which influenced me to nab a ticket for the last Dublin gig. Are they done for good pretty much? 

That's what I was told, and I say that as a Monkeys obsessive.

I had to move heaven & earth to make that Dublin gig happen. I also have a horror story from it, but that's not for today.

I was told a month before that they're on an 'indefinite hiatus', effectively done. Alex would be doing solo + likely TLSP 3 at some point; I suspect solo to come first.

I really hope that one is wrong.

1 minute ago, hodgey123 said:

Yeah, I’m mega nervous already about getting a ticket. Will try every possible route, Oasis have been my favourite band since I was 15 so I could never forgive myself if I didn’t go. I’d probably pay up to £750 for a ticket 

If you're flexible on dates, I think you'll be fine. There's enough of them!

I'd imagine tickets will be difficult. I saw them in 2008 for £30, probably going to cost about 5x that this time around if not more.

Can Noel & Liam stay on good terms for 20+ nights of shows? If we are to be believe that the relationship has been as bad as it's made out to be then that is surely a concern, although I guess for ~£50 million each they will do their best

14 minutes ago, Calvin Klein said:

it will be a nightmare. But nothing can be worse than taylor swfit in my humble opinion. 

13 minutes ago, hodgey123 said:

I'll have to see. It's way too much money for me to make the trip. And I've already seen them 4 times although never in their homeland. 

18 minutes ago, mufcok said:

That's what I was told, and I say that as a Monkeys obsessive.

I had to move heaven & earth to make that Dublin gig happen. I also have a horror story from it, but that's not for today.

I was told a month before that they're on an 'indefinite hiatus', effectively done. Alex would be doing solo + likely TLSP 3 at some point; I suspect solo to come first.

I really hope that one is wrong.

I was probably one of the people giving you sh*t for this at the time, not sure. I really hope that isn't true. I don't really get why would they would stop to be honest. How much different could an Alex solo thing really be from their last 2 albums? And they're obviously all great friends. Long hiatus maybe but done for good i really don't think so 

Just now, fraybentos1 said:

I was probably one of the people giving you sh*t for this at the time, not sure. I really hope that isn't true. I don't really get why would they would stop to be honest. How much different could an Alex solo thing really be from their last 2 albums? And they're obviously all great friends. Long hiatus maybe but done for good i really don't think so 

Yeah that I don't know. I was told at the time they hadn't been getting on, but that's not forced to be as friends; could just be musical differences.

Anyway, back to Oasis!

53 minutes ago, sildante said:

You're right that it's not a dead cert, it depends how much of a one-off the reunion shows are, however I don't believe there is any way that Emily / the GF team would not want Oasis headlining if presented with the chance of it, regardless of how many shows they are playing or a dud set 20 years ago - great relationship with the festival, massively wide appeal, one of the most iconic British bands of all time. Would be the biggest headliner they have had in years/ever due to the anticipation, the only concern might be whether the field is big enough as it would be the biggest crowd the Pyramid stage has seen. 

If there’s any chance of Oasis playing Glastonbury Emily will be doing everything she can to make it happen.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, briddj said:

People who think Oasis won't sell these dates out as quickly as they can possibly be sold are being very naive.

This is going to be way worse that Glastonbury T day in demand. Global demand.

Without a shadow of doubt.

4 minutes ago, briddj said:

People who think Oasis won't sell these dates out as quickly as they can possibly be sold are being very naive.

similar to eras tour you'd imagine but way more UK focused of course. Huge demand but they're clearly playing a load of dates

9 minutes ago, briddj said:

i don't think it will be worse than glasto because you can always buy from a friend after. If you miss the sale you can grab from resellers or from a friend that gave up. Glasto is way harder so when you don't get you just don't get it.

I'm truly afraid about the glasto sales - it will be worse than usual.

54 minutes ago, douglasmanso said:

it will be a nightmare. But nothing can be worse than taylor swfit in my humble opinion. 

I guess the edge they may have over Taylor is their fanbase will typically skew slightly older so may have more disposable income to splash in tickets. But yeah hope Ticketmaster has beefed up the servers 

45 minutes ago, MEGABOWL said:

If there’s any chance of Oasis playing Glastonbury Emily will be doing everything she can to make it happen.

She might want to see them live 1st to see if they're actually any good given their last gig at the farm has gone down in history very badly 

6 minutes ago, MrHew said:

She might want to see them live 1st to see if they're actually any good given their last gig at the farm has gone down in history very badly 

i think that nobody cares abou their last glasto gig 20 years ago... people wants to see it and BBC wants to broadcast. It's a no brainer for Emily. Actually its no brainer for every event producer/festival in the world. Is "the headliner that was promised" hahaha