Oasis

chew the fat

4 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

https://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/oasis-tickets/artist/766720

Not sure if this page is always there ...

yes is always there... i checked on friday when the rumours gained more momentum and it was like that. 

but a friend of mine has a screenshot with something that they posted on ticketmaster page saying that the tour will go to manchester, cardiff, wembley, sunderland and coventry, with reverend and he makers as support act for wembley dates.

On 7/22/2024 at 1:32 PM, Avalon_Fields said:

From the Coldplay thread, who may well be the August dates, all I'm saying is you'd expect the July dates to be a huge act too!

cp.png

So the confirmed artist is doing a couple of nights in July then coming back in August? Or is that meant to be plural ‘artistes?’

1 minute ago, MEGABOWL said:

So the confirmed artist is doing a couple of nights in July then coming back in August? Or is that meant to be plural ‘artistes?’

the dates for manchester are believed to be July 11, 16 and 19. So yes, make sense that they will play in august

46 minutes ago, MrHew said:

She might want to see them live 1st to see if they're actually any good given their last gig at the farm has gone down in history very badly 

I wouldn’t imagine she’d give a gig 20 years ago with probably a different band line up a seconds thought. 

4 minutes ago, douglasmanso said:

the dates for manchester are believed to be July 11, 16 and 19. So yes, make sense that they will play in august

Did that Wembley schedule someone shared not have July 11th on there?

Just now, douglasmanso said:

might be other artist. Coldplay is supposed to do some dates in wembley as well.

Suppose, not long to wait to find out anyway.

Those August dates on there make sense, as they'll have to avoid the first weekend of August for the Community Shield

Funny read from the start to where we are now. 

Some people are letting their music snobbery get in the way of their common sense. Whether you like them or not, Oasis reforming will lead them to headline Glasto, either this one or the next. Emily would be stupid to pass up the chance given the cultural significance of Oasis and all the younger fans who have never gotten to see Liam and Noel play together. It’ll be one of, if not the most, rammed Pyramid sets. Too many people are blinded to any of this just because they don’t like them.

They’ve been looking after themselves as they’ve got older so they should sound great. 

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, douglasmanso said:

but a friend of mine has a screenshot with something that they posted on ticketmaster page saying that the tour will go to manchester, cardiff, wembley, sunderland and coventry, with reverend and he makers as support act for wembley dates.

Didn't realise they were still around tbf.

I'd have thought Kasabian and/or Blossoms as a support was a possible shout.

1 hour ago, MrHew said:

She might want to see them live 1st to see if they're actually any good given their last gig at the farm has gone down in history very badly 

That might be easier said than done if they're not planning to perform before next summer.

1 minute ago, charlierc said:

Didn't realise they were still around tbf.

I'd have thought Kasabian and/or Blossoms as a support was a possible shout.

I would be surprised if blossoms aren’t on this tour in any capacity.

Surely they wouldn’t end their biggest gig to date by advertising a tour they’re not on ?

Just now, lukecork said:

Surely they wouldn’t end their biggest gig to date by advertising a tour they’re not on ?

You'd have thought that was a very strong and unsubtle hint, yeah.

32 minutes ago, douglasmanso said:

yes is always there... i checked on friday when the rumours gained more momentum and it was like that. 

I'd have to check - but that sounds like someone has screenshotted the 2009 tour 😅

Rev supported on that. Not a chance in 2024

1 minute ago, lukecork said:

I suspect they will, especially if it's SJM booking it.

On 7/22/2024 at 7:07 AM, chew the fat said:

Oasis reunion Heaton Park next year. Tickets on sale in September. Potentially headlining Glasto as well.

Hey by the way, we need to thank your @chew the fatfor the breaking news! thanks a lot mate, you made some oasis fans (like me) very happy and anxious haha thank you!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mufcok said:

I suspect they will, especially if it's SJM booking it.

I went to new order and Marr on the Saturday, nothing put on the screen after it unfortunately so it could rule them out however I’m sure they would have wanted the posts to come out first from Liam/noel/oasis via twitter / reading fest etc

would love to see Marr on the bill though he was ace 

Edited by lukecork

13 hours ago, incident said:

Fair play. I'm happy to put my hands up to being one of the vocal doubters, having assumed that this would be no different to the other rumours that have circulated most years since they first split, but clearly this is happening and you got it bang on and ahead of just about anyone else so full kudos is deserved.

Still can't see Glastonbury being likely though, just because whoever is promoting the tour will be paying through the nose for it and usually would insist on a good level of exclusivity for their money. If the rumoured number of dates turn out to be correct, that'd mean well over a million tickets on offer. It'd take a very brave promoter to allow them to also do a cut price gig that could directly impact on 120k+ potential ticket purchases (maybe more, if you count the TV coverage).

But if all the tickets went next week, with hundreds of thousands unable to secure them, it won't make a difference. They'll sell out whatever they put on 

47 minutes ago, douglasmanso said:

the info has been confirmed to be from their last tour. So its not been updated this whole time.